Is my concept of quest reviews original?

If this is the wrong place to ask, I apologize, but honestly I don't know where else to ask. Since I really am not asking for help, I think this place is more fitting.

Anyway, I make quest reviews, that's all you need to know regarding them. I don't expect you to check them out or anything like that that's why there is no link in this thread.

Anyway, I am subscribed to several RS-related channels on YouTube, and not many of them make quest reviews, several make quest guides, sure, but they aren't offering their opinion they only say how to do a quest, and these are useful for research purposes.

So yeah my question is, are these kinds of videos original concept? Since these are getting positive feedback I got nothing to worry about. But yeah.

• Like 1

Reviews for runescape quests don't work well because for most people they aren't optional content. You either need them to keep your cape or to unlock a new area or chunk of content. Since they aren't optional no one cares about how good or bad the quests are just a guide on how to beat it as quick as possible.

And yes you probably are one of the only people who reviews quest because of the reasons listed above. My advice, (if youre asking) save reviews for things that are optional. Like micro-transaction items. 

I understand your point, but I still personally think quests are good reviewing material, a lot of them have a good story worth talking about.

And for the record they ARE optional. Just because a lot of people feel like they have to keep their quest capes doesn't make it any less optional. They choose to wanting to keep the quest cape. The Quest Cape is not an absolute requirement to enjoy the game.

I'm not denying that you could be right that most people don't even care about quests, you most likely are. But the reason I love doing them and talking about them is because many have a great story and memorable characters. So yeah.

I like your concept of a one-on-one session with the viewer where you just vent your opinions and thoughts about x. It is an interesting concept which I haven't come across before and makes it feel more personal which could be a good thing. I would say it is original but as @Hedgehog suggested, it isn't really about being an original video maker on YouTube. In conclusion, keep it up!  :thumbup:

• Like 1

irs.png

Check out my upcoming Progress thread in the spoiler!

imperatorrssig.png

*Currently postponed until further notice

I like your concept of a one-on-one session with the viewer where you just vent your opinions and thoughts about x. It is an interesting concept which I haven't come across before and makes it feel more personal which could be a good thing. I would say it is original but as @Hedgehog suggested, it isn't really about being an original video maker on YouTube. In conclusion, keep it up!  :thumbup:

Thank you, I will keep these up.

As of now I do make these videos about once a month, but as time goes in I can almost guarantee it will become much more frequent.

• Like 1