Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Improved Looting

Update

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Or...

They could release a update when it is ready. Amazing concept I know.

Yeah this. Plus I'd personally prefer large chunks of updates every several months rather than weeklys

wioneo
[ Display Name History ]

wioneo

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,410 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:wioneo

I just assumed that being in combat would break this system, and it wasn't explicitly mentioned, and I won't be able to test for a while. Can you use this mid attacking or does it kill the popup?

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 405~46 Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,8 Legs,9 Spear,2 D2h,8 L Half,49 Boots,2 Skirt,2 DDs,9 Lump,8 Claws,56 Dagger,13 Visage,74 Mace,4 Scimitar,2 Hasta,Baxe,51 Long,29 Royal,2 Kite,Ward,Plate,Staff,Hammer
GWD: 151~4 S Staff,72 Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,3 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,Z Boots,B shield

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 3~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl + GWD2: 6~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots 

Etc: 57~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,6 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,4 Rider Armor,4 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,Blood Shard,5 Hydrix,Gland

Capes

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,800 posts
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

Or...

Yeah this. Plus I'd personally prefer large chunks of updates every several months rather than weeklys

Indeed, why don't they get that releasing smaller updates is frustating, just release patch notes each week and put the small ninja fixes next to the big updates...

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

you should go check out wow patch notes sometimes

Saru Inc
[ Display Name History ]

Saru Inc

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,463 posts
  • RSN:Saru Inc
  • RSN2:Saruman44
  • RSN '07:Thengel55
  • Clan:SODB

I just assumed that being in combat would break this system, and it wasn't explicitly mentioned, and I won't be able to test for a while. Can you use this mid attacking or does it kill the popup?

You can use in combat. I went to Ganoderms earlier and it was pretty neat. I was able to continue fighting Ganoderms while burying the bones that my stupid trash Shadow Drake was bringing me, eat food, etc, and the loot table was still on the screen. Even better was that it was constantly updating. So, if I wanted, I could stay in a small area, continue killing them, and let the loot pile up til one click grabs all my custom loot.

Sure guys, this isn't ideal in every situation. But then again, nothing is ideal in every situation. This is a really cool update. And if you don't like it? Then disable it and carry on with your life, instead of saying "omg why was this released half finished, my dreams are now destroyed and I will die alone", just disable it until it is patched, then enable it, and resume looking for something else that you can focus your misplaced angst on.

Edit: and for the record the big point of this is that you can just disable it. If jagex had released some half assed shit that you couldn't disable - then I'd be pretty mad too. I guess. I really don't know. I'm going to bed. Good night.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
I think there was a problem yesterday with the way the looting system interacted with revolution, which made it impossible to loot if you were in combat on revo. It was changed in a coldfix though.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Free_Steel1
[ Display Name History ]

Free_Steel1

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

There still seems to be some hiccups (I only did two tasks with it)

1. Magic logs (noted) and Tooth Half of Keys can't be picked up by custom settings (Keys I can see, but the logs is dumbfounding seeing as how I had everything on but Prayer stuff and loot by value)

2. You can't alch while its open

3. You cannot alch while its open

4. You SERIOUSLY CANNOT alch while its open

Like I get not being able to alch the stuff in the loot box, but why the hell can I not alch things in my inventory to make room. It dumbfounds me.

free_steel.png
Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once -Julius Caesar (play)

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

Or...

Of course there is always the factor that updates can appear ready and then when taken from a closed test server environment to a live game where players inevitably throw thousands different permutations of hardware and in-game gear at it something goes wonky.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Or...

Of course there is always the factor that updates can appear ready and then when taken from a closed test server environment to a live game where players inevitably throw thousands different permutations of hardware and in-game gear at it something goes wonky.

And to that I would say that their closed test server environment is not sophisticated enough to test the content properly and maybe they should invest in more infrastructure along those lines, if the basic functions of the things they test don't even work right.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

Or...

And to that I would say that their closed test server environment is not sophisticated enough to test the content properly and maybe they should invest in more infrastructure along those lines, if the basic functions of the things they test don't even work right.

But it is simply impossible to predict how something will act when you throw it in to the live in a game such as runescape.

There are so many thousand upon thousands upon thousands of different system configurations and different combinations of items & actions that even game studios much larger than Jagex haven't /got a hope in hell of ever testing against all of them.

Not to mention you can stress test as much as you like nothing ever compares to real genuine stress of users all over the globe putting server requests in to do with content.

It is a simple fundamental fact of games like Runescape that plague even the largest of game studios and there is no away around - stuff behaves in unexpected ways when exposed to real genuine users no matter how well tested it is.

Anyone who thinks you can hope to have nothing ever break when exposed to the live game and that it is flawed testing whenever something does break is deluded about the chaotic nature of how coding behaves when exposed to real users vs test environments and about how impossible it is to even come remotely close to testing things against the endless array of different hardware/software setups computers can have - and that's before you even consider the myriad of permutations of items/actions possible within a game like Runescape. Anyone one of which could cause a random breakage or function failure for reasons unknown.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sorator
[ Display Name History ]

Sorator

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 786 posts
  • RSN:Sorator
  • RSN2:Zidian29
  • Clan:HYT
Quote block

I'm fine with some odd stuff happening that was seemingly unrelated to the update, or weird niche cases causing unusual bugs. I play League, that sort of thing happens over there allllll the time, and it's annoying, but it's really unavoidable, as you said.

But when a basic function of the primary feature of the update doesn't work for most or all players (loot system during combat with revolution), that's a pretty big oversight in their QA process. And when that sort of thing happens over and over, it gets really frustrating.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.

260pifq.jpg

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
And that's the issue that is always being defended and apologized for: the chronic update breaking, if not game breaking, bugs and issues found in nearly every update.

"Hey guys, we added a few nifty lines of code to help with overly mobile fishing spots.

Oops, I broke Smithing."
Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Fred_S
[ Display Name History ]

Fred_S

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 549 posts
  • RSN:Mumfy

This kind of seperate box would be very useful for BoB familiars, but i find it annoying outside of the pvp aspect.

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,379 posts
  • RSN:blazemovifan

Honestly I don't see how this feature is even useful.

There is already an option of organizing items, it's called a bank tab.

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts

The looting feature involves picking stuff up off the ground - nominally, collecting a whole bunch of stuff in one sweep. It doesn't really have to do with bank organization so much as gathering the loot you have earned from kills. Unless I'm missing something?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,379 posts

The looting feature involves picking stuff up off the ground - nominally, collecting a whole bunch of stuff in one sweep. It doesn't really have to do with bank organization so much as gathering the loot you have earned from kills. Unless I'm missing something?

Well in that case I'll look more into it. Maybe with this feature I can collect all the steel bars I get from steel dragons without having to click them five times.

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts

Might want to wait until they fix it (hopefully Monday) but yeah :P.

---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

more importantly, you can pick through a large stack of crap on the ground without having to dig through the right click menu

8f14270694.jpg

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,379 posts

This loot feature is great, I collect drops much faster now.

My only issue is I have to click "loot all" every time, there is no box I can check that says "remember". Does anyone know how I can make it automatic? Ah well minor issue.

Now my goal will be done and over with much quicker.

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts

You still need to click loot all to pick up the drops. It doesn't automatically harvest them into your inventory, at least for now.

---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users