Improved Looting

Miss Lioness

Or...

They could release a update when it is ready. Amazing concept I know.

Of course there is always the factor that updates can appear ready and then when taken from a closed test server environment to a live game where players inevitably throw thousands different permutations of hardware and in-game gear at it something goes wonky.

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Or...

Of course there is always the factor that updates can appear ready and then when taken from a closed test server environment to a live game where players inevitably throw thousands different permutations of hardware and in-game gear at it something goes wonky.

And to that I would say that their closed test server environment is not sophisticated enough to test the content properly and maybe they should invest in more infrastructure along those lines, if the basic functions of the things they test don't even work right.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Or...

And to that I would say that their closed test server environment is not sophisticated enough to test the content properly and maybe they should invest in more infrastructure along those lines, if the basic functions of the things they test don't even work right.

But it is simply impossible to predict how something will act when you throw it in to the live in a game such as runescape.

There are so many thousand upon thousands upon thousands of different system configurations and different combinations of items & actions that even game studios much larger than Jagex haven't /got a hope in hell of ever testing against all of them.

Not to mention you can stress test as much as you like nothing ever compares to real genuine stress of users all over the globe putting server requests in to do with content.

It is a simple fundamental fact of games like Runescape that plague even the largest of game studios and there is no away around - stuff behaves in unexpected ways when exposed to real genuine users no matter how well tested it is.

Anyone who thinks you can hope to have nothing ever break when exposed to the live game and that it is flawed testing whenever something does break is deluded about the chaotic nature of how coding behaves when exposed to real users vs test environments and about how impossible it is to even come remotely close to testing things against the endless array of different hardware/software setups computers can have - and that's before you even consider the myriad of permutations of items/actions possible within a game like Runescape. Anyone one of which could cause a random breakage or function failure for reasons unknown.

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[spoiler=Quote block]

Or...

But it is simply impossible to predict how something will act when you throw it in to the live in a game such as runescape.

There are so many thousand upon thousands upon thousands of different system configurations and different combinations of items & actions that even game studios much larger than Jagex haven't /got a hope in hell of ever testing against all of them.

Not to mention you can stress test as much as you like nothing ever compares to real genuine stress of users all over the globe putting server requests in to do with content.

It is a simple fundamental fact of games like Runescape that plague even the largest of game studios and there is no away around - stuff behaves in unexpected ways when exposed to real genuine users no matter how well tested it is.

Anyone who thinks you can hope to have nothing ever break when exposed to the live game and that it is flawed testing whenever something does break is deluded about the chaotic nature of how coding behaves when exposed to real users vs test environments and about how impossible it is to even come remotely close to testing things against the endless array of different hardware/software setups computers can have - and that's before you even consider the myriad of permutations of items/actions possible within a game like Runescape. Anyone one of which could cause a random breakage or function failure for reasons unknown.

I'm fine with some odd stuff happening that was seemingly unrelated to the update, or weird niche cases causing unusual bugs. I play League, that sort of thing happens over there allllll the time, and it's annoying, but it's really unavoidable, as you said.

But when a basic function of the primary feature of the update doesn't work for most or all players (loot system during combat with revolution), that's a pretty big oversight in their QA process. And when that sort of thing happens over and over, it gets really frustrating.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

And that's the issue that is always being defended and apologized for: the chronic update breaking, if not game breaking, bugs and issues found in nearly every update.

"Hey guys, we added a few nifty lines of code to help with overly mobile fishing spots.

Oops, I broke Smithing."

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

The looting feature involves picking stuff up off the ground - nominally, collecting a whole bunch of stuff in one sweep. It doesn't really have to do with bank organization so much as gathering the loot you have earned from kills. Unless I'm missing something?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

The looting feature involves picking stuff up off the ground - nominally, collecting a whole bunch of stuff in one sweep. It doesn't really have to do with bank organization so much as gathering the loot you have earned from kills. Unless I'm missing something?

Well in that case I'll look more into it. Maybe with this feature I can collect all the steel bars I get from steel dragons without having to click them five times.

This loot feature is great, I collect drops much faster now.

My only issue is I have to click "loot all" every time, there is no box I can check that says "remember". Does anyone know how I can make it automatic? Ah well minor issue.

Now my goal will be done and over with much quicker.

You still need to click loot all to pick up the drops. It doesn't automatically harvest them into your inventory, at least for now.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

You still need to click loot all to pick up the drops. It doesn't automatically harvest them into your inventory, at least for now.

Yeah I really don't mind, as long as I don't have to click the floor eight times anymore, that's all what matters.

Yes, eight times, five steel bars, the drop, the charms and of course the dragon bones I bury right away.

Having to click just twice is brilliant and makes the killing much much faster.

• Like 1

Blaze, if you get a bonecrusher from dungoneering, it will automatically bury the bones and you don't even need to pick them up.

• Like 2

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Blaze, if you get a bonecrusher from dungoneering, it will automatically bury the bones and you don't even need to pick them up.

Charming imp for auto charm pick-ups too.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg