Which Chaotic to get next?

Ishamael

The next thing to get would probably be chaotic crossbow and offhand, and then I suppose staff, if you're set on chaotics. At the moment there is an armadyl crossbow that can be paired with an off-hand ccb, but no off-hand Armadyl crossbow. However, a spoiler type image strongly hints that may change next week..for now, we're not sure. In any case unless you are doing a DG marathon over the weekend, you can cross that bridge when you get to it :lol:.

Bear in mind there are other viable alternatives to chaotics in the other combat styles as well, like a royal crossbow (two-handed) and armadyl battlestaff or virtus wand and book for similar tier Range and Magic, if you have the patience (brandishing at QBD) or money (buying Armadyl battlestaff or preferably, virtus wand and book) as well. But if those aren't really your thing that's perfectly understandable, just thought I should mention it.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Staff before crossbows, because Royal Crossbow exists, you can use the staff to get the xbow forged if you haven't done so already.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

So Chaotics are kind of obsolete now I imagine? I was going to get them because funds are kind of limited, and I don't do combat outside of slayer. Although, I do kind of want to get into PvM once I get overloads.

Been a while since I've played. Kind of lost in all these weapons and armour choices  :mellow: .

I wouldn't quite say they are obselete, but between drygores being a relatively cheap tier 90 that tears through most things and so many other Ranged options, plus the tanking price of virtus wand and book, their uses are getting more and more niche. If someone has the time to dg for all those hours, they can probably make the money for the non-chaotic stuff with the same amount of time investment. You might want to reconsider combat for money though.

If I'm not mistaken, Chaotic Spear is still the best in the game to go Corp with - that's one instance where they still rule the roost, for now anyway.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I wouldn't quite say they are obselete, but between drygores being a relatively cheap tier 90 that tears through most things and so many other Ranged options, plus the tanking price of virtus wand and book, their uses are getting more and more niche. If someone has the time to dg for all those hours, they can probably make the money for the non-chaotic stuff with the same amount of time investment. You might want to reconsider combat for money though.

If I'm not mistaken, Chaotic Spear is still the best in the game to go Corp with - that's one instance where they still rule the roost, for now anyway.

Well i figure I'll be getting 120DG anyways, so I may as well grind out the Chaotic items now. Same for Slayer. If I'm killing something that isn't giving me Slayer XP as well, I feel like I'm kind of wasting time. Besides, farming and slayer is pretty good money overall.

Alright, fair enough :).

Also, have you been doing sinkholes? They are a D&D for Dungeoneering and give you tokens/experience as well, which can help you achieve more chaotics, faster :P. Regarding Slayer I guess you could also structure your prefer/block list to emphasize the moneymakers if you want or need more cash, but at the sacrifice of a bit of XP rates in Slayer.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

It's better to buy tier 90 weapons nowadays. Drygore/ascension/seismic/noxious. Pick based on which are most affordable to you (currently maces/ascs/staff are cheapest option)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

For t80s..

Royal bow costs 1m

Chaotic claws are only 200k tokens for a set

Attuned Crystal staff is free, gp wise

Though personally I would skip t80 melee and go right to drygores. They are cheap.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

For t80s..

Royal bow costs 1m

Chaotic claws are only 200k tokens for a set

Attuned Crystal staff is free, gp wise

Though personally I would skip t80 melee and go right to drygores. They are cheap.

Royal Crossbow is <400k

Chaotic Claws or Chaotic Spear (if you think you will make the jump to drygores soon, spear > claws)

Attuned Crystal Staff (free) > Virtus Wand/Book (17m) > Armadyl Battlestaff (10m)

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Yeah, I was checking prices today and things aren't too expensive. It's just that I currently have about 2m cash with another 10m in items that I will be selling (farmed herbs, mtk stuff). Don't have too much to play with.

So would claws be better than dual wielding rapiers? All I care about is getting some more DPS for slayer right now.

Claws are better because they are only 200k tokens while rapiers are 300k tokens.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

And claws are made at 100%, rather than bought at 20% for all other chaotic weapons.

But, personally, I would get the DG diaries done (if you have not done so) before spending the tokens on weapons. You can get a refund by resetting the ring anyway, but the DG diaries really help with DG

I almost completely skipped chaotic weapons because by the time I was in a position to get them (I did not DG an awful lot until EoC came out), there were already tradeable versions available. Due to the number of methods to get DG tokens vs GP (3 vs much much more than 3), I placed extremely high personal value on DG tokens.

I had only spent tokens on Mainhand Chaotic Claw because at the time, I could not afford Drygores. I have destroyed it since because I could not afford the bank space to keep it. I made Royal Crossbow as a substitute for Chaotic Crossbows (with Drygores as the weapon I used to hunt QBD), I used Virtus Wand and book for Magic (dual wield were better than staves at the same level due to concentrated blast, now it's the other way round, though the difference is now very small).

I am one of the few people who would prefer to pay 200m for a set of weapons than to pay 200k dg tokens to buy similar weapon.

If you are looking into alternatives of t80 weapons, may I suggest doing Player-Owned Ports for T85 weapons. However PoP takes a LONG time to get to the stage to make the weapons (starting from scratch, it'll take a couple of months to just get to the zone you can get the weapon components), but the time spent doing actual ports is quite small. PoP offers T85 dual wield weapons for all 3 styles.

If you do go the PoP route, my advice: do not skip any scrolls, do them, no matter the success chances (anything higher than 60% is good).

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Spear first, because spear will be quite useful later on for corp, frosts, general slay, and even future pvp (prayer smashing) and since they'll likely be buffing the 2h melee abilities soon. (but since you have rapiers, it may not be ideally your next chaotic)

Crossbows should be considered too if you dont have 85/83(b) herb, but with shield abilities and a few tries you should get a royal crossbow

Also consider getting the shard to make the amulets if you dont already have them already?

Demon horn is definitely worth getting.

What Autumn is referring to is (I think?) the blood necklace shard, which can be used for a powered-up amulet of fury or the Arcane Stream/Brawler Knockout/Farsight Blood necklaces. It does cost over 10 million though. Also, it degrades. A Saradomin whisper/murmur/hiss might be a cheaper and more affordable option for the time being.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Demon horn is definitely worth getting.

What Autumn is referring to is (I think?) the blood necklace shard, which can be used for a powered-up amulet of fury or the Arcane Stream/Brawler Knockout/Farsight Blood necklaces. It does cost over 10 million though. Also, it degrades. A Saradomin whisper/murmur/hiss might be a cheaper and more affordable option for the time being.

Initial cost is 10m but afterwards, its about 500k per 20 hours of use.

For the extra dps and regular healing, I'd say it'd be part of any high leveled slayer's arsenal.

Demon horn is worth it  too if you have the prayer level( you're curently 9 levels away on prayer, 3 on dung)

I personally prefer brought weapons over the ones that are "free" (I dont see them as free cuz).

For example you buy a virtus wand and book. lets say that's 18m and the free alternatives are chaotic staff and the attunned crystal staff.

for the virtus weapon set after you're done with them, you can sell them back, but what of the chaotic and crystal staff?

For the chaotic staff you use 200k tokens. Once you're done with it, you might decide to destroy it, and in the process you lose approximately half of its value. With an attunned crystal staff, you cant even forcibly refund its value. 

And you might move up the tiers pretty fast too, after all repairs on the staff of darkness are even cheaper than that of the level 80 weapons.

I personally prefer brought weapons over the ones that are "free" (I dont see them as free cuz).

For example you buy a virtus wand and book. lets say that's 18m and the free alternatives are chaotic staff and the attunned crystal staff.

for the virtus weapon set after you're done with them, you can sell them back, but what of the chaotic and crystal staff?

For the chaotic staff you use 200k tokens. Once you're done with it, you might decide to destroy it, and in the process you lose approximately half of its value. With an attunned crystal staff, you cant even forcibly refund its value.

And you might move up the tiers pretty fast too, after all repairs on the staff of darkness are even cheaper than that of the level 80 weapons.

Good point, but item prices are pretty volatile. I've "lost" a lot of money just in leaving for a year due to all of my equipment dropping drastically (veracs, whip, etc). That doesn't really bother me however. Right now I'm 10k tokens off my offhand rapier and after that I'm slaying/farming my way to drygores/virtus/etc. Got to start somewhere right.