Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Which Chaotic to get next?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Autumntempest
[ Display Name History ]

Autumntempest

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 79 posts

I personally prefer brought weapons over the ones that are "free" (I dont see them as free cuz).

For example you buy a virtus wand and book. lets say that's 18m and the free alternatives are chaotic staff and the attunned crystal staff.

for the virtus weapon set after you're done with them, you can sell them back, but what of the chaotic and crystal staff?

For the chaotic staff you use 200k tokens. Once you're done with it, you might decide to destroy it, and in the process you lose approximately half of its value. With an attunned crystal staff, you cant even forcibly refund its value. 

And you might move up the tiers pretty fast too, after all repairs on the staff of darkness are even cheaper than that of the level 80 weapons.

Ishamael
[ Display Name History ]

Ishamael

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Ishamael

I personally prefer brought weapons over the ones that are "free" (I dont see them as free cuz).
For example you buy a virtus wand and book. lets say that's 18m and the free alternatives are chaotic staff and the attunned crystal staff.
for the virtus weapon set after you're done with them, you can sell them back, but what of the chaotic and crystal staff?
For the chaotic staff you use 200k tokens. Once you're done with it, you might decide to destroy it, and in the process you lose approximately half of its value. With an attunned crystal staff, you cant even forcibly refund its value.
And you might move up the tiers pretty fast too, after all repairs on the staff of darkness are even cheaper than that of the level 80 weapons.

Good point, but item prices are pretty volatile. I've "lost" a lot of money just in leaving for a year due to all of my equipment dropping drastically (veracs, whip, etc). That doesn't really bother me however. Right now I'm 10k tokens off my offhand rapier and after that I'm slaying/farming my way to drygores/virtus/etc. Got to start somewhere right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users