What in your opinion is the worst skill in RuneScape and why?

Divination, because I still don't see the point in doing it, but maybe that is because it was originally planned to go with an other skill. Other than that Firemaking and Agility, because they don't seem to have any purpose in the game (agility had in the past, but most of that (shortcuts and gaining energy) has been removed by other updates.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

For me it's definitely dungeoneering.

I got my L120 master cape a few weeks back but I'm never ever ever gonna do one more floor, I'm not even gonna bother to do the diary.

Dungeoneering is fast xp, gives decent rewards (the skill scrolls, chaotics etc are deffo worth it) but the fact Jagex decided to turn a minigame into a skill was a real bummer for me.

It even made me take a 20month break back in the days. I longed so hard for the new skill and when they released dg I was very sad.

The rest is ok imo, deffo since Jagex has made alot of the skilling more barable (for example agility with new course + agil pillars @Priff) etc...

Divination for example is a 'real' Runescape skill. Slow, boring BUT usefull :)

Well, everybody seems to agree that dungeoneering sucks, and so far I haven't seen anybody trying to defend the skill.

Best skill is easily Dungeoneering.

I said "so far nobody I haven't seen anybody trying to defend the skill.", and there is a difference between defending something and praising it.

Well dung does give some brilliant rewards that are definitely worth using though. The amulets are great, bone crusher and a prayer necklace is pretty much part of every pro slayer's gear, frost dragons are a stable source of income and melee Xp, summoning would be much more of a pain without the charming imp, and the Xp in other skills from training dung isn't bad at all.

• Like 1

Well dung does give some brilliant rewards that are definitely worth using though. The amulets are great, bone crusher and a prayer necklace is pretty much part of every pro slayer's gear, frost dragons are a stable source of income and melee Xp, summoning would be much more of a pain without the charming imp, and the Xp in other skills from training dung isn't bad at all.

I see your point, but I can't go back to that dungeoneering place since I can't stand how everything there looks bland in comparison with the main game.

I see your point, but I can't go back to that dungeoneering place since I can't stand how everything there looks bland in comparison with the main game.

Especially if done solo. I pretty much got 80 dung solo when I was f2p. Its something I probably rather not experience again. THen there's sinkholes now, though they reward much less dung tokens than training using dung floors.

But if you do decide to do something like taking all that time to make a rune arrow and then alch it, why not just sell the rune arrow and buy something more profitable to alch?

Because rune arrows sell for less than the high alchemy value.

It's the same reason that you don't buy a phat and alch it for money

Not even remotely close, only a moron would buy something worth millions to high alch it.

I only use high alchemy if the hi-alch value is higher than what I can sell it for on the grand exchange, which applies to most items.

I love dungeoneering, and if you want a defense I give you one :P

Firstly all skills are nicely incorporated, so it has ties with all other skills, this has no other skill, as far as I know.

Because it has ties to all skills it does gives you more value for training those other skills.

You can and will train other skills while dungeoneering, it is not like you are only training dungeoneering.

You can have fun with friends by doing those dungeons, or choose to go on your own pace by soloing.

It has a lot of lore, and imo it adds a nice kind of feel to the game.

I could go on like this for a while, for dungeoneering you should not look at what it gives you (although it gives pretty nice rewards and some dungeons), you should look at what the skill is itself, the skill is meant to be fun, challenging and something you can set your own goals for while you level up. You should also think of it as an endgame skill (one of the reasons you can level it to 120), it is something you probably won't do when you just started, it is something nice and refreshing to do when you have higher skills.

Concluding: The skill is awesome if you like how it works, discovering new bits of lore, new floors, it's meant to be an adventure (if you don't like that, then yes, you probably won't like it), it is not meant to be a skill that helps other skills, this skill gets help from all other skills instead.

• Like 2

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I love dungeoneering, and if you want a defense I give you one :P

Firstly all skills are nicely incorporated, so it has ties with all other skills, this has no other skill, as far as I know.

Because it has ties to all skills it does gives you more value for training those other skills.

You can and will train other skills while dungeoneering, it is not like you are only training dungeoneering.

You can have fun with friends by doing those dungeons, or choose to go on your own pace by soloing.

It has a lot of lore, and imo it adds a nice kind of feel to the game.

I could go on like this for a while, for dungeoneering you should not look at what it gives you (although it gives pretty nice rewards and some dungeons), you should look at what the skill is itself, the skill is meant to be fun, challenging and something you can set your own goals for while you level up. You should also think of it as an endgame skill (one of the reasons you can level it to 120), it is something you probably won't do when you just started, it is something nice and refreshing to do when you have higher skills.

Concluding: The skill is awesome if you like how it works, discovering new bits of lore, new floors, it's meant to be an adventure (if you don't like that, then yes, you probably won't like it), it is not meant to be a skill that helps other skills, this skill gets help from all other skills instead.

This sums it up pretty well. There is a reason why there is over 5K players with 200M xp in dungeoneering. Sure the fast xp rates help boost up this number, but there's genuinely alot of players who simply just enjoy the skill. Sure it could be called a minigame but why does that matter? Actually I think making more minigame-like skills wouldn't be a bad idea. People tend to ignore minigames nowadays if they offer no xp as most of the community is very xp oriented.
  • Like 1

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

But if you do decide to do something like taking all that time to make a rune arrow and then alch it, why not just sell the rune arrow and buy something more profitable to alch?

Not even remotely close, only a moron would buy something worth millions to high alch it.

I only use high alchemy if the hi-alch value is higher than what I can sell it for on the grand exchange, which applies to most items.

Lemme give you an example then.

Rune arrows are currently 150 and alch for 306, meaning you get 156 more gold than selling in ge...but nope. the nature rune costs 179 gp.

You've made a loss of 23 gp by alching it.

Instead lets say you sell your rune arrows and buy something....say a polypore stick.

Its ge price is 40997 and it alchs for 45k. haven't you made a greater profit by doing that?

Now about the phat thing.

I may have misunderstood what you said then, but dont assume that the fletched bows and arrows are free. They may not seem to consume anything to make, but it will at least consume time. Time, which can be used for other activities that are more profitable or give faster xp.

If you take time efficiency into account or in other words opportunity cost, you will consider many things that cost gp better than things that are "free"

for example, crafting xp. Many people prefer playing the ithell harps over traditional crafting training methods, because they are "free".

But now think of the opportunity cost.

You might for example be able to kill roraris, and get about 1.5m an hour.

Making green dhide bodies is about 297k craft xp an hour, equivelent to about 6 hours of harps, but at the loss of 2214k per hour(rswiki) this means I am able to kill roraris for 2 hours, craft green dhide bodies with ge brought green leather, and still have 786k more than I started with, some more combat xp, a bit less construction xp and harmonic dust, and have an extra 3 hours that I can do somethign else with instead of the time used to play harps for 300k xp in 6 hours.

• Like 1

People tend to ignore minigames nowadays if they offer no xp as most of the community is very xp oriented.

I see what you mean, last time I tried going to pest control, the area was empty in every world I meant to even those that focus on that mini-game.

But I'm sure that castle wars is still popular though.

Lemme give you an example then.

Rune arrows are currently 150 and alch for 306, meaning you get 156 more gold than selling in ge...but nope. the nature rune costs 179 gp.

You've made a loss of 23 gp by alching it.

Instead lets say you sell your rune arrows and buy something....say a polypore stick.

Its ge price is 40997 and it alchs for 45k. haven't you made a greater profit by doing that?

Now about the phat thing.

I may have misunderstood what you said then, but dont assume that the fletched bows and arrows are free. They may not seem to consume anything to make, but it will at least consume time. Time, which can be used for other activities that are more profitable or give faster xp.

If you take time efficiency into account or in other words opportunity cost, you will consider many things that cost gp better than things that are "free"

for example, crafting xp. Many people prefer playing the ithell harps over traditional crafting training methods, because they are "free".

But now think of the opportunity cost.

You might for example be able to kill roraris, and get about 1.5m an hour.

Making green dhide bodies is about 297k craft xp an hour, equivelent to about 6 hours of harps, but at the loss of 2214k per hour(rswiki) this means I am able to kill roraris for 2 hours, craft green dhide bodies with ge brought green leather, and still have 786k more than I started with, some more combat xp, a bit less construction xp and harmonic dust, and have an extra 3 hours that I can do somethign else with instead of the time used to play harps for 300k xp in 6 hours.

Yes, you are indeed right. You won this argument, I admit defeat.

Edited by Blaze The Movie Fan
  • Like 1

I am a fan of dung when I'm in the mood for it, it promotes teamwork for increased rates and has variety. It should be better for kicking afkers and for when people lose connection and you can't finish the floor though.

I love my house, but cons as a skill is bad. Training something by building and destroying something seems a little silly (not that most skills are better). Though it does have some good rewards and clears a lot of bank space.

hunter was my last 99 for a reason, way too clicky, hardly any of the prey has ever been of use to me personally.

on a side note, i quite enjoyed divination for some reason, the xp was quite low, but doing it when lots others were and not having to fight for resources it was nice and relaxing whilst being able to talk to randoms. There are also some nice rewards for it which are untradable as well as some decent tradable ones. Hopefully invention/or will bring more use out of it not just junk.

baileydafrog.png