What do you think of One Small Favor? (storywise)

8 members have voted

1. 1. How is the story in the quset overall?

My next quest review will be on One Small Favor, since I don't wanna spoil anything, I won't reveal my opinion on it until the review.

But I need to know other people's opinions on the story before I make the video.

Don't worry, I won't mix all your opinions together and say these in the video. I will have my own viewpoint. But different viewpoints might help me understand the point of the quest a bit more.

There is a reason this is not in the Questionares forum. Because Ring_World pointed out to me that almost no one cares about the story, which I find sad because they're really missing out on some great writing. So it wouldn't be appropriate to post there. I am taking his word for it, since his knowledge on the game is clearly better than mine.

So yeah, just tell me your opinion on the quest storywise, and I'll read. Don't worry I won't try to refute anything, I'm just gonna read everything you guys talk about.

People are always going to have different opinions on what others care about or don't care about. I haven't done this quest personally but I loved the storylines of quests I did complete. Still though, this is better suited in Questionnaires, so I'm moving it there for you. Please remember Help & Advice should only be used for questions specifically regarding the game, and Questionnaires is for getting opinions about something. If you are unsure which board your topic would be best suited for, you can always feel free to PM me or another moderator or admin. :)

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

People are always going to have different opinions on what others care about or don't care about. I haven't done this quest personally but I loved the storylines of quests I did complete. Still though, this is better suited in Questionnaires, so I'm moving it there for you. Please remember Help & Advice should only be used for questions specifically regarding the game, and Questionnaires is for getting opinions about something. If you are unsure which board your topic would be best suited for, you can always feel free to PM me or another moderator or admin. :)

But here is the thing, I'm not asking this question just for fun, I'm doing it to do proper research on the quest I'll review later on.

But what you're asking is more of a subjective question rather than an objective one - that is, a question that will depend on what an individual person thinks rather than some absolute answer (like: what are some things unlocking Elf City gives access to?). And the more subjective something is, the less you're really asking for help than you are for input/opinions, which is a perfectly valid thing to do.

If you want to encourage more feedback, maybe you could add a poll to your topic, which might encourage more people to at least leave a numerical response or whatever else you want to poll. Just a suggestion though :).

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I think you can still add one - on your first post click "Edit" -> "Use Full Editor" -> "Manage Topic Poll" (on the right side near the top) -> fill it out and save, and that should work :).

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

There are two quests in this game I do not like.  One Small Favor, and Frem trials.

Mostly because I've done both of them a few times each, and each time its like dong the quest twice!

But its really not that bad.

user1-dark.png

depends when you did it, when i did the quest it was alright i guess, but i'm under the impression that when it came out there was a lack of teleports to get you around it that made it painful

Yes I'm aware of that, I will bring it up in the upcoming review since I'll talk about how the game was like when I did it.

Fantastic quest. Overrated by people who dont remember it. It doesn't require teleports.

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Regardless, you did not need teles to complete the quests, as all the NPCs were close together in a chain

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I just became a dumb hypocrite by asking about facts when the original subject was opinions.

My reputation here will never be fixed no matter what. I'm so sorry, being a hypocrite is one of the worst traits of human kind.

Ban me for at least a couple of months I deserve it.

And no I'm not seeking for attention if that's what any of you think, I honestly and geniually feel that way. Since how I play the game is very limited I shouldn't even be welcome here.

I like this quest for the very fact that your character appreciates how little you are awarded for effort you put into the quest.

Ironically, one of the conveniences in this quest (namely Keyring) is, putting it extremely bluntly, very small iron ring.

Thus one small favor leads to one small reward. I definitely enjoyed it as your character is very visibly human, rather than just a goodie two shoes that would never think twice about helping strangers.

At one stage, this was the quest that I was considering making a Toon for, just to play it again.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Regardless, you did not need teles to complete the quests, as all the NPCs were close together in a chain

Ye, you pretty much went around the map counter-clockwise and then went back clock-wise.

I just became a dumb hypocrite by asking about facts when the original subject was opinions.

My reputation here will never be fixed no matter what. I'm so sorry, being a hypocrite is one of the worst traits of human kind.

Ban me for at least a couple of months I deserve it.

And no I'm not seeking for attention if that's what any of you think, I honestly and geniually feel that way. Since how I play the game is very limited I shouldn't even be welcome here.

It's been over twelve hours and nobody has banned me though I'm clearly an [wagon] who deserves it.

I normally don't activate the filters, but I did it this time because the words allowed to be used are far too mild to describe how I truly was, and no it's not the C word, it's the other A word that's been blocked.

If you aren't gonna ban me at least give good reasons as to why I deserve to be here. I have been nothing but trouble.

the world would be boring if everybody saw everything in the same way

But that's not my point the point is I clearly criticized stuff I don't understand. You all were annoyed by that, there is no getting around that.

I know I'm redialing this thread with something off-topic, but I legitimately don't deserve to go unpunished.

I will get someone to delete these comments from this thread when a mod/admin actually has the balls to address the problems.

However, ignoring legitimate problems I brought up is unacceptable. Stop treating it like a minor issue when there is clear evidence it's not.

Spreading misinformation based on lack of knowledge is serious.