[1-6-15] Tuska World Event

Leik

^ It doesn't matter. I've done it with 100% when I was either alone, with a small group of 4-5 and with a large group of over 8. My experience is that it is all doable, but with more people you might cap a lil bit faster.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

The energy gathering is on a timer and still takes 20 minutes

Yeah but I meant a lil bit faster in hitting the 25% cap per round. It helps securing the 100% charge.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

As long as you don't get the holy island last...that one is horrible in a group <_<.

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

^ It doesn't matter. I've done it with 100% when I was either alone, with a small group of 4-5 and with a large group of over 8. My experience is that it is all doable, but with more people you might cap a lil bit faster.

Yes doable, but it was really easy to do it alone. In groups I had a hard time on the holy island like arceus said, but also overgrown remnants are so easy solo...

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Mod Deg said
Big Storms said

Is the contribution cap experience based?

If so, is it then actually better to AVOID standing on charged spines if you want to get as much tuska fragments as possible?

No. If you stand on a bad spine you'll get less xp and the same amount of fragments.

Okay, but Mod Deg also said this on Twitter:

Noon-active spines waste your cap. You'll get less total xp and less fragments.

So which is it?

Doesn't matter, it is boring either, so non-active spine standing while doing other stuff is the way to do this imo... 

In other news... I just did the event on my own, and it was much easier... so the best advice to get 100% is to try to go in on your own?

For certain players (e.g. ironman skillers) that rely on lamps to train certain skills, it's pretty important to know how to min-max it as points are vital.

Personally I prefer going on my own as well.  You can easily do this by waiting a few minutes, after everyone else has already left; you can jump across and join a game (with no time penalty) anywhere from :00 to :20.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Since the idea is to weaken Tuska to lower her anima mundi shield so Vorago/Gods are able to reach her to attack I'd of thought momentum is a non issue,

Specific god/Vorago arrives, smacks Tuska in the face killing her. The meeting force of the attack and Tuska would halt her or would at least alter her course - something we could then further purposefully alter when shes just a corpse to make her fly into a nice moon-like orbit or w/e.

It's not like we are just gonna stab her in teh face until she dies then leave it be - the stabbing is just phase 1 to allow the gods to get there to stop her hitting the planet.

I doubt we're gonna be able to stop her from hitting the planet. It might just be where she hits and if she's still alive to do more damage that matter. They seem to imply in Q&As that at least parts of the event will still exist after. So maybe its the difference between landing off the coast and landing somewhere populated.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Since the idea is to weaken Tuska to lower her anima mundi shield so Vorago/Gods are able to reach her to attack I'd of thought momentum is a non issue,

Specific god/Vorago arrives, smacks Tuska in the face killing her. The meeting force of the attack and Tuska would halt her or would at least alter her course - something we could then further purposefully alter when shes just a corpse to make her fly into a nice moon-like orbit or w/e.

It's not like we are just gonna stab her in teh face until she dies then leave it be - the stabbing is just phase 1 to allow the gods to get there to stop her hitting the planet.

I doubt we're gonna be able to stop her from hitting the planet. It might just be where she hits and if she's still alive to do more damage that matter. They seem to imply in Q&As that at least parts of the event will still exist after. So maybe its the difference between landing off the coast and landing somewhere populated.

They've mentioned 4 different outcomes to me what would make sense for that is 3 tiers of win and 1 outright lose.

Outright lose would be full impact major ruin.

Tier 1 - marginal win - would be impact that causes a lot of damage but avoids most major areas.

Tier 2 - decent win - would be like minor impact/skim the planet, some damage but Tuska corpse ends up in space still

Tier 3 - pwned win - Full avoidance, tuska ends up in space and doesn't hit.

Just my guesses, all still allow for the islands d&d type things to carry on afterwards cause all you need is for the island rocks orbitting her to survive - be it lodged on gielinor somewhere or still orbitting her space bound corpse.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It was asked on reddit but no one was sure. Does anyone know if buying one of the old pieces unlocks the better drop rate from gwd if you didn't complete previous ones?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

It was asked on reddit but no one was sure. Does anyone know if buying one of the old pieces unlocks the better drop rate from gwd if you didn't complete previous ones?

In the forum QA they said no it does not.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Ah thats unfortunate.

As my goal is one set of warpriest which would be the best to buy?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

zammy/sara

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

They did say in the forum Q&A that they intend to make it so that it does though. Link to it http://[Use Quick Find Code]/a=13/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?396,397,222,65632328

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Doubt it is linked, but what if Tuska is linked to the Dragonkin's plan of destruction for the world...

That would be a hard link to make since the kin dont have a plan to destroy the world particularly..just the rage caused by the use of the stone of jas

Plv6Dz6.jpg

How to debunk conspiracy theories. If it effects rich people (dragonkin), than it's probably false

There is a cure for cancer. Do rich people die from cancer? Yes! Then there is no cure for cancer.

The dragonkin sent Tuska to eat the world. Are the Dragonkin part of the world? Yes! Then the dragonkin didn't sent Tuska to eat the world.

On that note, has anyone bought any duplicate warpriest from the shop? Does it perhaps mean you can obtain duplicates as a drop from GWD?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Yes, I did that earlier this week. You should hand it to me for wasting points :-P.

I don't think you'll be able to obtain duplicates from GWD - nothing is certain yet of course but I doubt they will change it.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Ah thats unfortunate.

zammy/sara

Any one set isn't any better than another, is it? :blink:

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

Ah thats unfortunate.

zammy/sara

Any one set isn't any better than another, is it? :blink:

Zammy and Sara warpriest has a chance of protecting you from all damage, which is pretty handy. Whereas Arma and Bandos Warpriest has a chance of reducing the cooldown of abilities over 30 seconds, which is kinda useless. So Zamorak and Saradomin warpriest are definitely better.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Yes, I did that earlier this week. You should hand it to me for wasting points :-P.

I don't think you'll be able to obtain duplicates from GWD - nothing is certain yet of course but I doubt they will change it.

Ye ye, but there is no way to get enough points to buy all new tuska stuff AND 6 sets of warpriest (4 old ones, 2 tuska)

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Well not now, but they are going to patch that and allow you to gain more points next week aren't they?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png