[1-6-15] Tuska World Event

Leik

No, just XP.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Meteorite_chunk

"A strange remnant that has crashed from above. I can use it to hurt Tuska if I take it there."

In that exact same article you linked to, it very clearly states that it only awards exp. While it might hurt her lore-wise, it does not contribute to your World Event score.

hzvjpwS.gif

No, just XP.

"A strange remnant that has crashed from above. I can use it to hurt Tuska if I take it there."

In that exact same article you linked to, it very clearly states that it only awards exp. While it might hurt her lore-wise, it does not contribute to your World Event score.

Where does it explicitly state that it doesn't contribute to the World Event score?

"...where it can be exchanged for experience in a skill of your choice equal to half the experience provided by a regular jack of trades aura reward book."

This is simply letting players know that it gives XP, it's not claiming that it's the only reward from turning them in.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

The question at hand is, how much damage does it do to Tuska?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

That's virtually impossible to find out on our own. It needs jmod confirmation. Stands to reason it's probably not equivalent to a full round's worth of damage to Tuska, though. Skill based gathering historically has been so insignificant that it might as well not be considered at all.

hzvjpwS.gif

No, just XP.

Where does it explicitly state that it doesn't contribute to the World Event score?

"...where it can be exchanged for experience in a skill of your choice equal to half the experience provided by a regular jack of trades aura reward book."

This is simply letting players know that it gives XP, it's not claiming that it's the only reward from turning them in.

I can confirm that it definitely does not award you any reward points, I had handed in 2 chunks yesterday and it did not add to my reward score.

However whether it adds score to your faction is another story.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I think its pretty much a given that it does damage Tuska. The entire pop up thing is about throwing it in to the portal in order to damage her!

It's not ambiguously worded or vague or round about the houses it literally goes oh look you got a shiny rock, go throw it in a portal on tuska to damage her!

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If memory serves, claiming Saradomin gloves from this event (Tuska) does not increase your chance of receiving Sara warpriest as a drop from the appropriate Saradomin GWD mob. You still have the same chance of obtaining it whether or not you purchased a piece during this world event. You would have had to buy a piece during World Event 1 to get this effect. I do remember reading it somewhere but after a good twenty minutes of searching I can't seem to dig up anything affirming one way or the other.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

If MY memory serves, they were looking into changing that.

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I never paid too much attention to the lore and everything of Runescape, especially in the past few years - but I always thought Saradomin was more popular? Was I mistaken or was there a shift recently? Didn't Sara's side beat Zamorak in the first world event too?

I never paid too much attention to the lore and everything of Runescape, especially in the past few years - but I always thought Saradomin was more popular? Was I mistaken or was there a shift recently? Didn't Sara's side beat Zamorak in the first world event too?

Sara was more popular but then they actually included him in content and he was an utter self-serving dil bag - basically begs off as regretting doing bad stuff then immediately does it again plus very much a my way or I smite you kinda guy.

Like even frigging Bandos recognised different people had different ideals and respected you for it, but Saradomin don;t believe his exact brand and he goes all smite crazy on you.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sara was more popular but then they actually included him in content and he was an utter self-serving dil bag - basically begs off as regretting doing bad stuff then immediately does it again plus very much a my way or I smite you kinda guy.

Like even frigging Bandos recognised different people had different ideals and respected you for it, but Saradomin don;t believe his exact brand and he goes all smite crazy on you.

Aw, that's disappointing to hear. I always thought Sara = Good, Zammy = Bad, and then there's Guthix in the middle.  Probably should do a bit more research and at least find out what these newer gods are all about while I'm at it.

Thanks for the insight.

granted, Bandos had to destroy an entire planet to realize that he shouldn't burn down everything for the hell of it, but Saradomin's destroyed at least SEVERAL planets and he still hasn't figured out what his mistake is

the "traditional" 3 god lore was from the earlier days of rs and was the predominant belief of saradomists in the f2p world up until the 6th age started bringing that lore back from members into the whole of rs

8f14270694.jpg

3 God was at least hinted to be wrong/incomplete very early in RS development though. Temple of Ikov (the first mention of Armadyl) was in 2002, Dig Site (first mention of Zaros) was in 2003.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

granted, Bandos had to destroy an entire planet to realize that he shouldn't burn down everything for the hell of it, but Saradomin's destroyed at least SEVERAL planets and he still hasn't figured out what his mistake is

the "traditional" 3 god lore was from the earlier days of rs and was the predominant belief of saradomists in the f2p world up until the 6th age started bringing that lore back from members into the whole of rs

What other planets did Saradomin destroy/help destroy aside from the Naragi homeworld?

3 God was at least hinted to be wrong/incomplete very early in RS development though. Temple of Ikov (the first mention of Armadyl) was in 2002, Dig Site (first mention of Zaros) was in 2003.#

Very true, to the observant player the 3 God thing died very early on, though arguably Dig Site did not name Zaros if memory serves and he was first referenced in a postbag from the hedge truely. Plus I don't think Armadyl was actually given god status in any lore before the GWD dungeon. From what I recall the 'original' plot for the gods way back when was the 4 gods - with Zaros being the secret they tried to hush up, which is kind of ironic when you think we learnt more about Armadyl, Bandos, Desert Pantheon, Seren and even kinda Marimbo before Zaros really was given anything more than a name.

What other planets did Saradomin destroy/help destroy aside from the Naragi homeworld?

We don't really have specifics but it is heavily inferred he has been going around worlds and being a douche to those who don't submit to his will in the same way he did to the Naragi

We know he got all the centaurs killed and that he assumed control of the icyene home world and he sank/drowned one of the talking head thingies at Entrana

Plus we do know he/his followers played a big part in the destruction/removal of other gods followers post Zaros on Gielinor. Not to mention the whole GWD thing - gave each army an amulet as a sign of good will but they are spying devices and stole the Armadyl crossbow

Plv6Dz6.jpg