I'm gone from here until I'm ready to come back.

Blaze The Movie Fan

EDIT: Alright, obviously the old title was irrelevant. But at least I hope now people won't even think it's a possibility that I might be lying. I didn't do enough restrictions by only posting in my threads I need to avoid them as well, and that's what I'll do I won't post at all. The only posts I'll reply to are the ones sent to me privately.

Edited by Blaze The Movie Fan

You need to get thicker skin. That's really all there is to it.

If you are putting your opinion out there on a public forum - be it in an IRL debate, in RS, on the forums, or even here - that opinion is there. People are allowed to discuss it, analyze it. You're doing it right now for another point of view that isn't your own, do you realize that? (Also, calling the opposition full of "lies and misinformation" is a hollow and incindiary statement - no one has lied to you here and I doubt they have elsewhere.)

If people casually correcting you in these public discussions is how you judge harassment, I have good news for you. You have an ignore list - here, on RS, and practically on any form of online communication. Use it.

I don't want you to leave. But maybe you need to take a break rather than carrying this chip on your shoulder into every discussion you wade into. Come back when you're a little more collected, you'll have a better time.

hzvjpwS.gif

Because if you're discussing utility, power, and comparative stats across tiers...it DOES suck. And you need to accept that while you're entitled to your opinion on what your favorite weapon is, although you are more than welcome to do just whatever the heck YOU want, recommending a dbaxe to anyone as a viable weapon choice it will be torn apart as being a poor choice.

What exactly do you expect to have happen? More over, what do you want to see happen in those cases?

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

That's because (for example) you were asking for combat advice (how to kill something or how to get more kills) or something similar without wanting to use higher tier weapons. The fact is there isn't really a magic bullet to make it work a whole lot better. Objectively, there are many weapons that do more damage and hit more accurately. There's only so much you can do with it. You can go for Woox style kinds of challenges maybe but you can't hope to compete or come close to what people do with drygores, for example.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I am very sorry Blaze. I'm not posting like this to kick you when you're down. I just believe you deserve honesty, even if it's harsh. So that's what I give. You're a good person and I admire your quirks, please don't think otherwise.

hzvjpwS.gif

Also I specially remember someone saying "abyssal whip is better than dragon battleaxe, that's not an opinion that's a fact". How the hell is that NOT trying to force views down my throat? I had good reason to counter argue that, but no it was ignored.

Because it is a fact. The whip is a higher tier weapon and has more accuracy.

• Like 3

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

The only way it would be worse is if you're talking about looks. Then that would be opinions.

That's exactly the reason I'm leaving I'm tired of you people rdiciulating me simply because you claim it's a fact when something is clearly an opinion, it's unacceptable and it is elitism whether you wanna admit it or not.

This is not ridicule though Blaze. You are presenting a statement as fact and it is being rebuked. If you have data to suggest that a dragon battleaxe outperforms a whip, then please explain how and in what scenarios. And it is not an opinion that an abyssal whip outperforms a dragon battleaxe in terms of dps. It IS a fact. What information do you have that suggests otherwise?

But if you're talking about personal preference, then of course we can't say that an abyssal whip is better for you. You do what's best for you.

hzvjpwS.gif

eh, you could always play rsc. Last I remember d baxe actually is the best there.

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

But if you're talking about personal preference, then of course we can't say that an abyssal whip is better for you. You do what's best for you.

Yes it is elitism because you are trying to prove me wrong for liking dragon battleaxe. Don't say "i respect your opinion" when I clearly acknowledged the facts and it was ignored just to bring up something irrelevant.

If you LIKE the dbaxe, then I am not trying to prove you wrong. Like it all you want. Everyone is entitled to playing how they want.

If you are trying to say that a dbaxe OUTPERFORMS an abyssal whip, that would be incorrect. If you are trying to recommend to others a dbaxe as an OPTIMAL CHOICE, that would be incorrect. And people will call you on it.

Do you not see the difference?

hzvjpwS.gif

That's exactly the reason I'm leaving I'm tired of you people rdiciulating me simply because you claim it's a fact when something is clearly an opinion, it's unacceptable and it is elitism whether you wanna admit it or not.

I swear i'm repeating myself, but iirc you ask for peoples help with killing monsters...and then complain when they suggest using better weapons.

Nobody is forcing you to use these weapons, they're just giving advice...you don't need to take it. I don't take a lot of advice because I like to play the game how I want to.

Sometimes I eventually come round and stop being so stubborn about it...like when I didn't use overloads for Nex despite Dragonkng198 constantly telling me to. He still let me boss with him, and then I realised how overloads were perfect for Nex with the poison attack and sara brews drop, and so now I use them.

But look...

Dragon Battleaxe:

Tier: 60

Damage: 894

Accuracy: 1132

Speed: Average

Abyssal Whip:

Tier: 70

Damage: 672

Accuracy: 1486

Speed: Fastest

Overall...the whip is better.

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

If you are trying to say that a dbaxe OUTPERFORMS an abyssal whip, that would be incorrect.

I never said that I only said I like it better. Stop taking me out of context.

I will cancel my membership as soon as I get back home from work.

And if you further try to prove my opinion wrong it just proves you don't legitimately respect it.

Stop taking me out of context.

The only context I have is that which you provided on this thread, where you make no mention of personal opinion but rather facts and the fact that "people are lying to you".

You're getting upset with me for not knowing every minutia of your posting history. Believe it or not, I do not follow every single post you make on these boards. I have far better uses of my time.

If you were talking all along about opinion, then what exactly is the problem? Why on earth are you ranting about elitism and that people are lying to you, when that couldn't be farther from the truth?

Frankly this seems like a large series of miscommunications spiraling out of control. I really hope you can take some time to relax (I'll do the same) and that we'll chat later. I sincerely hope you do not cancel your membership for one or two people that you can easily put on your ignore list and continue to enjoy the RS community.

hzvjpwS.gif

It happens to everyone, Blaze.

If you want some giggles, you should look through my posting history. The amount of times I've made a complete ass out of myself due to misunderstandings is off the charts.

It happens to everyone. Don' take it so seriously.

hzvjpwS.gif

If you are trying to say that a dbaxe OUTPERFORMS an abyssal whip, that would be incorrect.

I never said that I only said I like it better. Stop taking me out of context.

I will cancel my membership as soon as I get back home from work.

And if you further try to prove my opinion wrong it just proves you don't legitimately respect it.

Unlike Kim I have nothing better to do with my time and I follow your posts. You do end up arguing that these lower tier weapons are "better" than drygores, noxious or even the abyssal whip...when they're not. But again...if you like lower tier items that's fine.

If you like playing the game there's no need to cancel your membership.

• Like 1

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png