Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I'm gone from here until I'm ready to come back.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,377 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:blazemovifan

If you are trying to say that a dbaxe OUTPERFORMS an abyssal whip, that would be incorrect.

I never said that I only said I like it better. Stop taking me out of context.

I will cancel my membership as soon as I get back home from work.

And if you further try to prove my opinion wrong it just proves you don't legitimately respect it.

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

Stop taking me out of context.

The only context I have is that which you provided on this thread, where you make no mention of personal opinion but rather facts and the fact that "people are lying to you".

You're getting upset with me for not knowing every minutia of your posting history. Believe it or not, I do not follow every single post you make on these boards. I have far better uses of my time.

If you were talking all along about opinion, then what exactly is the problem? Why on earth are you ranting about elitism and that people are lying to you, when that couldn't be farther from the truth?

Frankly this seems like a large series of miscommunications spiraling out of control. I really hope you can take some time to relax (I'll do the same) and that we'll chat later. I sincerely hope you do not cancel your membership for one or two people that you can easily put on your ignore list and continue to enjoy the RS community.

hzvjpwS.gif

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,377 posts

That's another reason why this place is terrible it keeps records of everything even if I'm not in the right mindset.

All you are doing is quoting stuff I never said in the right mindset. And you wonder why I can't take it anymore.

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts

It happens to everyone, Blaze.

If you want some giggles, you should look through my posting history. The amount of times I've made a complete ass out of myself due to misunderstandings is off the charts.

It happens to everyone. Don' take it so seriously.

hzvjpwS.gif

WoodenFruit
[ Display Name History ]

WoodenFruit

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 853 posts
  • RSN:Darkwitchery
  • Clan:Sc, World60pengs

If you are trying to say that a dbaxe OUTPERFORMS an abyssal whip, that would be incorrect.

I never said that I only said I like it better. Stop taking me out of context.

I will cancel my membership as soon as I get back home from work.

And if you further try to prove my opinion wrong it just proves you don't legitimately respect it.

Unlike Kim I have nothing better to do with my time and I follow your posts. You do end up arguing that these lower tier weapons are "better" than drygores, noxious or even the abyssal whip...when they're not. But again...if you like lower tier items that's fine.

If you like playing the game there's no need to cancel your membership.

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,377 posts

Alright this is the last post, since clearly very few of you get my main point.

There is a difference between making fun of someone for something they can control and proving them wrong and then lying about respecting their opinion.

Most of you clearly fail to see it. You guys caused me to leave, not me.

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts

...No one here has made fun of you, nor can I recall anyone doing so. >_> And I am not lying about respecting your opinion, regardless of what you think.

I really, really think you're being overly sensitive :/

hzvjpwS.gif

HonorTk
[ Display Name History ]

HonorTk

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • RSN '07:HonorTk
  • Clan:TheKorrupt.com

Blaze, I'm new here. I'll tell you something. I've been playing Runescape since 2010..I've always wore Dragon armour and my def level is 75 or something on RS3. People tell me which armor is better. However, I don't care what they say. I wear and use what armor and weapons I want..It's my character not theirs. Don't let words over the internet impact who you are and how you do things. Simply take it with a grain of salt..don't let it make the wound fizz. Keep being yourself, you seem like a pretty likeable guy. Don't let other people dictate how you reply because they get under your skin or think they are better than you.

Just be yourself Blaze, say, use, like and post what you want to.

:)

I hope to see you stay.

eVQvMOQ.png - Click to visit our forums.

Founder and Leader of TheKorrupt a Multi-Gaming Community.

For personal signature inquires e-mail me HonorGFX@outlook.com. Any non-related e-mails will be deleted and reported.

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
We all got your post. You're insisting that we didn't.

We got it. You prefer Dragon weapons because they are cooler. Nobody is arguing against that.

People are saying that higher level weapons are statistically better. Nobody is telling you that you're wrong for liking Dragon weapons.

WoodenFruit
[ Display Name History ]

WoodenFruit

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 853 posts

Alright this is the last post, since clearly very few of you get my main point.

There is a difference between making fun of someone for something they can control and proving them wrong and then lying about respecting their opinion.

Most of you clearly fail to see it. You guys caused me to leave, not me.

What?

We respect your opinion that you like dragon gear. Whether it's better than other gear though can be clearly examined and isn't really up to much debate. Look...

Darkwitchery: I love nech tasks. (opinion)

Darkwitchery: Nech tasks are the fastest xp per hour. (not opinion)

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

DeEliteOne
[ Display Name History ]

DeEliteOne

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • RSN:De Elite One
  • RSN '07:Footlong
  • Clan:Primacy

The bottom line is that this whole debacle is by far not a reason to quit RS as a whole. Just give up on posting here forever if you think it's beyond resolve and turn off your appropriate chats in-game if it's an issue there too. If you still like the core gameplay of RS, no reason to quit because of what other people think if you can just avoid it.

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,377 posts

I'm very sorry about leaving I know some of you don't want me gone, but I can't ask for help without being taken out of context or being proven wrong for something that's subjective.

EDIT: One more thing, if you wanna contact me, message me on YouTube or facebook, I'm not telling you how to find me, figure out for yourself, and if you harass me through these you're just asking to be blocked.

Leik
[ Display Name History ]

Leik

Super Moderator

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,584 posts
  • RSN:Leik
Ég ætla að reyna að sjá hvort að ég geti orðað þetta betur á okkar tungumáli.

Fyrst og fremst, það er á engan hátt 'elitist' að segja að Abyssal Whip sé betra en Dragon Battle axe. Það er einfaldlega bara staðreynd. Abyssal Whip er með hærri Attack kröfu, og þar af leiðandi gerir meiri skaða á óvininn. Það er staðreynd.

Það er hins vegar þín skoðun að vilja halda áfram að nota Dragon battle axe, af því að þeir einfaldlega líkar betur við hana, hvort sem það er af því að hún lítur vel út (Að þínu mati) eða vegna þess að hún er með gott special attack.

Það er enginn að reyna að segja þér að hætta að nota Dragon Battleaxe. Þú mátt gera eins og þér sýnist. Það sem er að fara í fólk er að það virðist eins og þú sjáir ekki að það er einfaldlega STAÐREYND að Dragon battleaxe gerir ekki meiri skaða heldur en Abyssal whip.

Ef þér líkar ekki við Abyssal whip, þá flott er, þú mátt nota Dragonbattle axe. En ekki reyna að segja að hún sé betri en Abyssal whip, það er bara einfaldlega ekki rétt.

Translation, from google translate, cbf manually translating, you get the idea

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

All I can say is dear god I hope Blaze never actually gets ridiculed. If this is his reaction to the very much non-ridculing factual responses he gets here I fear he may implode or something if he received genuine ridicule.  :D

Sad to see someone go, but alas not much we can do if you take offence to people correcting statements of fact like 'Dragon baxe is better than whip' because they are factually wrong. There is a fine learn between stating something as n opinion (I prefer d baxe to whip or I think d baxe looks better than whip) and stating it as a fact that is incorrect (dbaxe is better than whip) and when you do the later people are going to correct you.

It's not malicious or trying to force an opinion on you, its pure and simple fact correction and is something that happens to all of us. Help & Advice and Gen Discussion is littered with posts where myself and other "big name" users state facts that are total BS and get corrected on it

There's also a myriad of posts where we state and debate our opinions and often get quite heated about it, but we never go away holding grudges or descend into ridiculing other people (aside from maybe a post or two on a bad day that we later regret).

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,377 posts

All I can say is dear god I hope Blaze never actually gets ridiculed. If this is his reaction to the very much non-ridculing factual responses he gets here I fear he may implode or something if he received genuine ridicule.  :D

Sad to see someone go, but alas not much we can do if you take offence to people correcting statements of fact like 'Dragon baxe is better than whip' because they are factually wrong. There is a fine learn between stating something as n opinion (I prefer d baxe to whip or I think d baxe looks better than whip) and stating it as a fact that is incorrect (dbaxe is better than whip) and when you do the later people are going to correct you.

It's not malicious or trying to force an opinion on you, its pure and simple fact correction and is something that happens to all of us. Help & Advice and Gen Discussion is littered with posts where myself and other "big name" users state facts that are total BS and get corrected on it

There's also a myriad of posts where we state and debate our opinions and often get quite heated about it, but we never go away holding grudges or descend into ridiculing other people (aside from maybe a post or two on a bad day that we later regret).

I originally wasn't gonna log back in, but you were never an elitist you were always helpful, but the elitists still ruined the fun for me unfortunately.

Also I don't mind to be proven wrong as long as I'm not painted as one of the worst players of the game which is what many of these elitists did. Maybe it's just my delusions, but please get rid of those quote oh quote "permanent records" that's the bullshit that's keeping people to misquote me.

Permanent records has no place on a message board that's supposed to be legitimately helpful. All it does is making people think I'm a terrible person simply because my mind wasn't functioning properly when I made a post.

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts

...What are you even talking about though Blaze >_>

You have an outpouring of people telling you they don't want you to leave, accepting your personal opinions, but you're still going on about how people are ridiculing you. I don't get it.

hzvjpwS.gif

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,377 posts

There is no way I can prove it, but this guy claimed to be a fan of mine, but I have a feeling he only said it so I would make a biggeer idiot in the game.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/283940-cya/

No, I can't prove it, but the existence of elitists can't be avoided online. Many people don't even do it intentionally they are just too blinded to realize what harm they're doing.

I'm sorry I can't return unless I'm convinced I'm not treated like a trillion class citizen.

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,799 posts
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

...No one here has made fun of you, nor can I recall anyone doing so. >_> And I am not lying about respecting your opinion, regardless of what you think.

I really, really think you're being overly sensitive :/

I can recall people making fun of him, for example: http://forum.tip.it/...bout-runescape/ And sadly there are more. 

But Blaze, remember who you are, don't let other people influence who you are, you love the game, maybe take a break for a few weeks of the game and go back and use the stuff you like to use in the game.

When asking for the "best" there seems to be a consensus about what the "best" means, while really "best" is an subjective word. Best in terms of efficiency, best in terms of personal use, best in terms of preferences. Most people use "best" the same as "efficient" which is often true, but I assume you meant other things with the word "best".

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,377 posts

I will never return until "permanent records" gets removed. I'm sorry but if I can't post something due to what I had no control over it's not worth it.

WoodenFruit
[ Display Name History ]

WoodenFruit

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 853 posts

There is no way I can prove it, but this guy claimed to be a fan of mine, but I have a feeling he only said it so I would make a biggeer idiot in the game.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/283940-cya/

No, I can't prove it, but the existence of elitists can't be avoided online. Many people don't even do it intentionally they are just too blinded to realize what harm they're doing.

I'm sorry I can't return unless I'm convinced I'm not treated like a trillion class citizen.

Bxpprod? I've learned to accept the fact that he's an idiot, and not to bat an eyelid at his bizarre private messages and strange public chat talk.

These "elitists" you talk about can be ignored. If someone tells you ingame that you could use a better weapon you can just say "I know, but I like this one.". If you ask for help on the forums and someone suggests you can use better gear...you can either take their advice or leave it. Nobody can go into your house and force you play the game differently.

Tipit are not going to remove posts unless they break the rules. Occasionally whenever I post a screenshot there will be people responding "Why don't you use x, y, z item instead?". It's not just you. Most of it is not malicious or harmful in any way...grow some thicker skin.

P.S. Sorry but I take the title for worst player on Rs. :)

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users