Ironman Equipment

Ishamael

So I've just started a new Ironman account. It's been so long since I've been this low leveled, and I'm kind of lost in all the new equipment choices for armour. What do you suggest for the different combat styles? I have imphide for magic right now, with Pathfinder for range and melee. Halp!

The Fremennik armours are good (skeletal, rock shell, spined) level 50 power armour when you get there...for Ranged, you could kill cockroaches and make carapace armour (30) and for magic spider silk (20) would be a step up. Horvik's armour shop in Varrock will sell you platebodies up to mithril. Louie's armoured legs shop in Al Kharid sells up to adamant platelegs. Peska's helmet show sells helms up to adamant full. You can buy a 2H up to adamant in Gaius's shop (Burthorpe). What exactly are your levels currently?

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Also batwing armour is nice for level 50 mage gear. 

May I point out that on Ironman, that armour is locked to members as they cannot be obtained in f2p w/o use of GE.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Hello glorious Booty <3 Let me inflict upon you my knowledge

First thing's first, you want to quest. Lots of quests. They boost you so many levels in the early game, you skip entire tiers of armor. Waterfall, Fight Arena, Tree Gnome Stronghold, Tree Gnome Village, Vampire Slayer, and Dragon Slayer are all good suggestions that don't take a massive amount of time, don't have high stat requirements, and give a big chunk of xp to help boost early levels. You could probably get to 40+ melee stats with ease doing this, not mentioning doing Monkey Madness later too which has a [bleep]-ton of xp waiting for you.

Wikieus was basically right in terms of melee gear, your best line of progression is buying your best tier of armor and weapon from those stores, and considering I've suggested those quests, it should get you to adamant level fairly early, so use the 2h and swing some stuff up, ya know? For the next progression onto 50 attack, the Tai Bwo Wannai Trio quest will give you a rune spear for free, or you can camp greater demons which drop main-hand and off-hand rune weapons. Once you hit 60, dragon weapons are easy to buy from stores, and 70 is the obvious barrows (which you can do easily once you hit that kind of level).

Magic is probably one of the easiest and best skills for ironman. I have over 18m xp in it currently, and everything past 99 was trained defensive too (half xp). It's the shit for the ironman, so yeah. 20 magic is the mentioned spider silk, but 30 magic is one of the better levels, as it allows you to use a battlestaff. I'd recommend Killerwatts, they require about 37 slayer and they drop air battlestaves fairly commonly, which will give you unlimited air runes as well as a tier 30 weapon. Once you hit 40 magic, speak to Thormac the Sorcerer after completing Scorpion Catcher to enchant it into a mystic air staff (which will then be a tier 40 weapon, GIMME THAT ACCURACY GIRL). 50 magic will unlock the Iban staff once you complete Underground Pass, and at 60, the mage arena will hand out that free god staff once you've completed that short series of fights. Spider silk will last you well until you hit batwing, but you'll need a decent crafting level for that, so get to work on that whenever you have some free time (because we can't all have as much free time as me!). Unlocking ancients early on is really useful, as ice spells will freeze even on abilities, so most monsters that melee (like the barrows brothers) can be safespotted with ease, and it makes magic training awesome.

Ranged is a bit of an odd one at times, but there's a simple soloution to your issues. The usual progression of bows as standard, but once you hit 40 ranged, you can move on to using Salamanders. They only require a range level now, and they have tier 40, 50, 60 and 70 variants which you can hunt for. You'll need the corresponding tar to use for the salamanders, but they're fairly easy to make (some tasks drop swamp tar, it can be purchased from Big Chinchompa or collected), and you will only use tar on auto-attacks, meaning abilityscape will not use any ammo whatsoever. For armor, carapace will serve until you can buy green d'hide from the champions guild/Oziach, but the higher level dragonhide will require fairly decent crafting requirements, so once again, working on that should be one of your side goals.

Some all around advice is barrows will give you a decent amount of tier 70 armour and weapons, and a lot of runes. It can be done easily enough with ice spells which freeze the melee brothers in place for a long time. As long as you stand a good couple of steps away, when they start moving, they'll freeze again before they can get to you. No food, no supplies. The only issues are ahrim and karil, but doing those first will let you use your prayer on them, and then it's easy times from there.

The Fremmy armors like rockshell/spined/skeletal is fairly worth it, as getting better tier armour before warpriest (which has no damage bonus) or barrows (which also degrades) isn't very easy. These armors can also alch for a decent chunk of cash when you have better armor, so it's some extra cash for you in future. I'd recommend getting a set of each if you feel like it, because the monsters that drop pieces towards it are not difficult to kill.

The Branches of Darkmeyer quest will give you free tier 70 weapons for melee, range and magic, and I highly recommend doing that when you can get the levels for it, because the Draken's medallion is also amazingly useful for Barrows.

Basic advice: quest. Do all your quests as much as you can, because Priffindias is amazing, and free rewards and xp is always good.

Have a good one Booty, throw us a pm if you have any more questions

• Like 2

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

That's all wonderful advice, thanks Draggle babe <3. I've been questing a lot lately while also doing fletching/smithing for money and trying to slowly get my combat skills up. Loving this Ironman account so far :)