This appears to be the game from Mark Gerhard's new company that several J Mods have left Jagex to work on.

helring

https://legends.world/

or its at least one of them.

The community team includes former mods Crow and Jane. Just thought it was interesting to see what they were working on.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Is it just me or the website looks super similar to Runescape's main site, except different theme?

Looks like most modern game websites tbh, not just RS.

To be honest strategy games just aren't my bag. I'll give this a pass.

hzvjpwS.gif

Doesn't look all that appealing to me seems very much generic copy the tried and tested formula type game.

For me a game needs 1 or more of the following to actually grab me

1) Be the first good game of a certain type - ie Assassins Creed was the first series to really nail the whole parkoury assassiny thing as the main element of the game.

2) Be a good game of an existing niche that brings a new or interesting twist - ie Dishonoured with the not quite the usual supernatural twist on assassiny stuff

3) Look so beautiful I don't care about anything else. 

4) Have an amazing story that makes me not care about anything else.

5) Be a franchise I'm already love and therefore just want to play anyway

I'm more taken by that new RS legends game they are working on and even block n load got me more intrigued and dont really do first person shooters.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

From the font and the pictures and the exact arrangement of objects and usage of names, it looks like they bought a license of a port of a chinese mmo created from the one chinese mmo generator that the owner's been using to create licenses of the same game over and over. Looks like it also came with the standard P2W cash shop package. It's designed to take money from people until they get bored with it.

Not really a step up from what they were doing before, unless their intent is to outright scam people out of their money for the actual project because they couldn't afford to do anything else.

• Like 3

8f14270694.jpg

Fen Labs is more working on a new programming language at the moment, that Solstrike game is just a bit of trying what the engine can. :p

Supposedly the engine is almost done and soon they'll start to building 'real' games, after about 3 years of work.

• Like 1

Looks like it could be "War of Legends 2", but can't find any information about who the developer is but wouldn't surprise me if it's Ultizen (the developer of War of Legends) as there was a lot of talk with them about Jagex doing War of Legends 2 a few years ago now that never materialised.

Based on the people that have moved over it seems there's something promising about this company. At least for Jane and Crow who I know and used to work with they wouldn't go to this company if they didn't think it'd do well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Mixed feelings on Chris L. On one hand he did design some rather great updates, yet on the other hand he was very stubborn on certain things (his obsession with RNG in PVM), and he paid far too much attention to the HLF fanboys who are narrow minded and equally obsessed with RNG nonsense. Still, the fact that he's leaving (in addition to the dozens of other J Mods who have already left), is quite worrying. There's obviously been some kind of internal drama at Jagex, and I can't imagine they have even began to replace the people they've lost. Are we neaing the end? Seems like it.

Mixed feelings on Chris L. On one hand he did design some rather great updates, yet on the other hand he was very stubborn on certain things (his obsession with RNG in PVM), and he paid far too much attention to the HLF fanboys who are narrow minded and equally obsessed with RNG nonsense. Still, the fact that he's leaving (in addition to the dozens of other J Mods who have already left), is quite worrying. There's obviously been some kind of internal drama at Jagex, and I can't imagine they have even began to replace the people they've lost. Are we neaing the end? Seems like it.

Insert runescape is dying meme.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I would say that Chris L leaving isn't really surprising at all. Last I knew he and Ana were a couple, so I figured it was likely that he would leave once he was done with raids since she had already left

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I'm not sure if these mods are all jumping ship before the end or if they are simply outgrowing what Jagex can offer in terms of career progression.

Mixed feelings on Chris L - he did do bosses well but he was very pvm rng obsessed and too influenced by a very niche crowd of HLF-top-end-pvmer-rng lovers. In some cases it got a bit like being in his 'friend' group got your a bigger say in the game design regardless of what the mass opinions were.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

As far as chris l i would assume he outgrew what they could offer. With as much talent as he had in creating progression is boss fights it was going to eventually happen. I could eventually see his creativity being hindered by the system restrictions.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Yeah, but under his team and his time a massive amount of development has gone to bossing. Has this saved a big part of the game? Maybe, but I think it has taken a large amount of resources from things I like more.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

https://twitter.com/Mark__Gerhard/status/620517169638588416  not that its a big surprise, but Chris L is working for Gerhard's company now