22nd June 2015 - Artisans' Workshop Update

Arceus

Artisans' Workshop Update

The Ninjas have infiltrated the Artisans' Workshop, making a big batch of updates to the venerable Smithing activity. They've made it a whole lot more user-friendly, and introduced some cool new rewards – including auto-reloading for your dwarf cannon!

The team are planning to do more focused updates like this, bringing older parts of the game up to today's standards. If you've got an idea for a particular part of RuneScape that you'd like to see given the Ninja treatment, let us know on theNinja Spotlight forum thread.

Read on to find out what the Ninjas have been up to – along with details of Solomon's new Vitality Accessory Pack and this week's live streams.

What's Changed?
  • Smithing burial armour has a new side interface, making the activity more responsive and user-friendly:
    • By default, the first ingot type in your inventory will be selected.
    • The interface will respond as you swap ingots in and out of your inventory.
    • Selecting new armour pieces can be done while smithing, and will be applied on the next loop.
    • Selecting new ore will immediately stop and restart the smithing process with the new ore.
  • Anvils in the burial armour area now have ‘quick start' as the default left-click operation.
  • The quick-smithing effects of the Varrock armour now apply to track-making and burial armour.
  • When creating a perfect sword, you can request an off-hand equivalent.
  • The required amount for the mithril swords daily challenge has been reduced.
  • Daily challenges for adamant and rune swords have been added.
  • When using a heated ingot on the water pool, you'll be given the opportunity to change your entire inventory at once, rather than one at a time.
  • Ceremonial sword-making has been made smoother:
    • Tongs can now be stored on the tool belt.
    • A single left-click on the anvil now places the ingot and the plans, and opens the interface.
    • Ingots can be used directly, without heating them first.
  • The artisan burial overlay has been relocated to the left of the screen, remains opened everywhere in the workshop, and displays your current respect.
  • The attack rate of ceremonial swords has been rebalanced.
  • When withdrawing or depositing ingots, only metals currently held will be offered. Note that this doesn't filter by ingot type.
  • Dent size chances have been tweaked to be fairer, in terms of leading to perfect successes.
  • Dent messaging is now filtered.
  • A warning message now displays when handing in ceremonial swords that would award 0 XP.
  • Audio has been reworked.
New Rewards
  • Restocking cannon (100% respect, requires royale cannon unlock): Grants your cannon the ability to reload automatically. You must have cannonballs in your inventory and be within 15 squares for this to work.
  • Ceremonial sword orders (50% respect): Increases the orders received by the workshop, occasionally allowing you to choose which ceremonial sword you wish to make.
  • Sword polishing kit (10% respect): Gives 10 sword polishing kits, which - when held in your inventory - prevent a ceremonial sword from breaking.
  • Bonus package (100% respect): Gives 8 mithril ingot IV, 4 adamant ingot IV, 2 rune ingot IV, 50,000 Bonus Smithing XP and 10 sword polishing kits. Note that the ingots in this bundle cannot be exchanged for ore, and do not count towards daily challenges.
Enjoy!

Try your hand at some streamlined artisan smithing this week, and let us know what you think over on the forums.

-The RuneScape Team

Solomon's Store – Vitality Accessories

Solomon's expanded his Vitality Suit line this week - with the Vitality Accessories Pack.

The pack comprises a two-handed weapon override for each combat style, plus a spectacular cape - awesome additions to the base suit, or a selection of eye-catching accents for any outfit.

vitality_accessories_4.jpgvitality_accessories_5.jpgvitality_accessories_3.jpgvitality_accessories_p.jpg

As with the other Vitality items, the accessories change colour as your life points drop, and can be recoloured for a full-health colour of green or blue – both shifting towards red at lower life points.

Note that it is possible to recolour the Vitality Suit and Accessories in other colours, but the colour-shift effect only works with a base colour of blue or green.

Grab the Vitality Accessories Pack now! If you need more RuneCoins, you can redeem Bonds in-game. You can also purchase RuneCoins directly from the website.

Live Streams this Week

Each week we stream developer Q&As, in-game events and more. Watch our streams and find a full streaming schedule over on our Twitch channel.

Check our YouTube channel, too, for recap videos of streams you may have missed.

Developer Q&A, plus Raids teaser | 16:00 UTC, Tuesday 23rd June

Mods Stu, Kelpie, James and Pi will be on the sofa this week to answer all your questions, as well as to give you a cheeky teaser for Raids – coming this summer!

Ask your questions on the forums, on Reddit, or on Twitter using the hashtag#RSDevQA.

Loot from 2,000 Barrows Chests | 20:00 UTC, Tuesday 23rd June

Following on from our Loot from 10,000 Elite Clue Scrolls stream last month, this Tuesday we'll be opening up 2,000 Barrows Chests and showing you the tasty, tasty loot. Will we get a lucky triskelion fragment? Head to Twitch to find out.

In Other News
  • The following changes from the RuneScape Beta have passed via poll and are now live in-game:
    • Basic stuns now last for 1.2 seconds.
    • Basic and threshold stuns no longer share a cooldown.
    • Basic stun abilities will no longer trigger diminishing returns.
    • Asphyxiate and Destroy both now deal a 3.6s stun at the start of the ability.
    • Threshold and ultimate abilities can now be queued without the required adrenaline. They will trigger once the required adrenaline is reached.
    • The Soul Split healing hard and soft caps have been removed in Legacy combat mode, in an effort to bring two-handed Soul Split healing in Legacy mode in line with others.
    • The Sacrifice ability is no longer disabled when a player's Magic level is drained.
  • The Early Bird Bonus for adamant and rune dragons has been extended until the 6th of July - that's increased spawn rates on both types of dragon, increased change for elites to spawn, and twice the chance to get an adamant or rune dragon slayer assignment.

[spoiler=Patch Notes]

Graphical:

• Players will no longer see green triangles in the particle effect near Wizard Chambers on Tuska's back.
  • A gap on the Tuska Warpriest torso has been fixed.
  • Player choice windows in Legacy Mode have been updated to better suit the Legacy UI.
  • King Black Dragon head objects have been updated to reflect the latest version of the KBD.

Quests, Challenges and Achievements:

• Some previously missing chat has been added to Myths of the White Lands.

Other:

• Adamant & rune dragons have been added to the "I have killed ..." quickchat.
  • Forcae's journal pages can now be easily added to the journal with a left-click option.
  • More rune dragons have been added to Mount Firewake.
  • Elite rune dragons will no longer spawn in safe zones.
  • The Adventurer's Log will now show rune dragon drops.
  • Rune dragons are no longer aggressive.
  • Whoever inflicts the most damage on a rune dragon will now get the drop, rather than the first person to attack. Note that - although this is a mechanic typical of boss monsters - rune dragons are still affected by Tuska's Wrath.
  • Rune dragons no longer regenerate when out of combat.
  • Slayer and combat XP from rune dragons has been increased, using glacors as a baseline.
  • The enhanced blue dragonbreath used in the flying phase of rune dragons now inflicts fixed damage rather than randomised damage.
  • Barry lives! There is now a rare chance that an elite dragon will spawn with the name 'Barry', in honour of the draconic slayer of dragon slayers.
  • The quantity of summoning charms dropped by adamant & rune dragons has been increased from 3 to 4, to be in line with the desired maximum from mithril dragons.
  • Gravestones on Mount Firewake are now relocated to near the World Gate, similar to deaths on Freneskae.
  • The number of adamant dragons assigned by a slayer master has been increased - 40-50 for Kuradal and 40-60 for Morvran.
  • Ribbon graphics in the tutorial once again appear disabled when relevant.
  • The action bar in the Powers interface will now work as expected when opening the interface using the hotkey.
  • Hardcore Ironman deaths will now broadcast only for total level of 1000 or greater.
  • Updated the @JagexAuto feed to include how Hardcore Ironman accounts die.
  • Players can now deposit items still held by a beast of burden via the bank "Deposit all BoB" button when the familiar has disappeared unexpectedly.
  • The Companion App D&D list no longer appears blank.

Ninja Fixes:

• The bonecrusher now has a Settings menu, allowing players to select which types of bones are destroyed for XP when dropped by NPCs. All options are switched off by default.
  • God Wars soulstones can now be charged via non-Hard mode kills at a rate of 1 charge per 5 kills.
  • Squeezing past the ice block by the Frozen Waste Plateau and using Group Teleport spells to the Wilderness will now produce a warning interface, regardless of player's settings.
  • Legacy players no longer deal reduced damage when fighting against Araxxor and Araxxi.
  • Overhead chat no longer appears in the chat log when insul- erm...'encouraging' Pauline Polaris at Livid Farm.
  • Liquid colours are now consistent amongst the dosages of supreme ranging potion.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

There now might actually be an use for the SoulStones, now that it can be charged by normal kills.

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Tetsu armour and weaponry in PoP requires 90+ Smithing, so it does have some use, right? :P

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Tetsu armour and weaponry in PoP requires 90+ Smithing, so it does have some use, right? :P

He did say it was -nearly- useless... That is one of the very few things still useful.

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

About time they added adamant and rune versions for challenges. I like doing these dailies to help me work on the percentage thing...

• Like 1

Scapin' since September 2007 and Hardcore Ironwoman since October 2014.

Still no 2h abilities etc, but seeing how their polls end between today and tomorrow I'll assume them out with the next major game update.

As for this rework, of course the focus will probably be auto reload which is neat, but should it really require 100%? The rewards are lackluster but not really bad, exactly.

I'm anticipating that my Comp will have been arbitrarily removed, so we'll see if Ceremonial Swords are any less of a pain in the ass to make now lol

Nope :D

• Like 1

2dgucz6.png

Got the message of "You received a reward but your bank is full. You may retrieve it from Diango in Draynor Village."

My bank wasn't full, not even close. Diango didn't seem to have anything.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Kind of a disappointing update to be honest. Pre-90, there's not much use to the skill anymore so it's not too rewarding to level the skill in the first place. Oh well, at least they're planning a rework for some time in the future....hopefully.

Got the message of "You received a reward but your bank is full. You may retrieve it from Diango in Draynor Village."

Someone (either on tip.it or runescape official forums) said that it might have to do with them fixing the bank boosters.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Someone (either on tip.it or runescape official forums) said that it might have to do with them fixing the bank boosters.

Those were fixed last week by reverting all Bank Booster purchases and then rebuying them.

Account Help

• The bonecrusher now has a Settings menu, allowing players to select which types of bones are destroyed for XP when dropped by NPCs. All options are switched off by default.
  • God Wars soulstones can now be charged via non-Hard mode kills at a rate of 1 charge per 5 kills.

Best updates ever!

unlimited cannon, back to karamaja resource dg to try for imp challendge scroll. Even more afk.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!