Tuska Falls | Quick Lodestone Teleports

Howlin0001

They can't kill her, otherwise the portal will stop working (unless they "reconnect" it with the Anima Mundi of Gielinor).

Well, I suppose since Vorago delivered the killing blow and he is only the avatar of Gielinor he wouldn't absorb her godly energy like another God would. Hence he connected Gielinor to her?

Maybe that's why Godless had that nonsense as the default faction. So Jagex could guide things into this area so that if we won they could have the update like this.

Conspiracy?

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

I don't think I saw any visual representation of her power flowing out of her ... she didn't turn to stone either.

She could probably be something like us - she has some sort of godly powers/protection but wasn't really a God.

I don't think I saw any visual representation of her power flowing out of her ... she didn't turn to stone either.

She could probably be something like us - she has some sort of godly powers/protection but wasn't really a God.

No, she was given Tier 4 status which would make her a god. The question is what happened to her power and why not turn to stone.

V was killed, but his energy was channelled into a Kin. It would have to go somewhere.

Maybe Vorago didn't kill her proper? Maybe he stunned her and next week someone else will kill her for real, take the energy and turn her to stone.

Maybe Big Z? Harness her energy for something and makes the portal permanent?

I missed the point when they tiered her but I dont really watch podcasts and I dont really read the 100s of pages in the RSOF.

Stunning was a theory I saw (RSOF ... in a 100- topic :D) I guess they can kill her properly in a coming quest.

I mean what are the chances of her being dead ... some mortals poked her a bit, then some rock thingy punched her twice and Kamehameha'ed her.

I wonder if there are some other sources of power other than the Elder Artifacts. Being turned into stone and etc. may be a sideeffect of becoming a God via the Artifacts. After all Z can survive without a physical body (Seren too I guess) and if that was easy to achieve most Gods would just abandon their bodies before they get killed.

I missed the point when they tiered her but I dont really watch podcasts and I dont really read the 100s of pages in the RSOF.

Stunning was a theory I saw (RSOF ... in a 100- topic :D) I guess they can kill her properly in a coming quest.

I mean what are the chances of her being dead ... some mortals poked her a bit, then some rock thingy punched her twice and Kamehameha'ed her.

I wonder if there are some other sources of power other than the Elder Artifacts. Being turned into stone and etc. may be a sideeffect of becoming a God via the Artifacts. After all Z can survive without a physical body (Seren too I guess) and if that was easy to achieve most Gods would just abandon their bodies before they get killed.

Z and Seren are special cases. Gods, false ones let's say, cannot leave their bodies. The stone effect is what happens when they lose all the power, the levee behind a shell. They host divine energy that comes from two places: an elder god and an elder artifact. The two special cases were never mortals and are made entirely of divine energy. They won't turn to stone, but they can die.

Given that the Abyss is not affected by their rebirth cycle there are probably a couple of other nuxuses (nexi :D?)/dimensions not created by them or not affected by it. Chances are if there are more (than the Abyss) one of them may have some sort of power source not originating from the Elder Gods or at least not from the current ones.

For normal accounts there are still a few in existence with additional security to their account.

One well known case is Zezima's account. He has a special phone number in case of being hacked to resecure his account.

Some accounts have grandfathered security. These have the old JAG security still active on their account. I believe that these accounts with the addition of Authenticator on top of it, would be the most secure accounts that are around. To hack these accounts, one needs to breach password, a series of questions and a random every changing string of numbers.

I wonder why Jagex didn't keep JAG and added Authenticator to work alongside it.

Probably because if someone can go hack you need to go through the authenticator, which either means cracking the authenticator, using brute force or someone using your device to see your code. The first two don't really sound plausible to me, in case of the last one, you need to fix that yourself :P

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I don't think it ever was forced off - just left there as a legacy system if/until you signed up for Authenticator.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I don't think it ever was forced off - just left there as a legacy system if/until you signed up for Authenticator.

You are only partially right. It is a legacy system that is only halted if you either remove it yourself or you need to recover your account with the help of Jagex Support.

In the latter case, JS removes it as part of the recovery process. You then can no longer enable Jag again.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

No, she was given Tier 4 status which would make her a god. The question is what happened to her power and why not turn to stone.

V was killed, but his energy was channelled into a Kin. It would have to go somewhere.

Maybe Vorago didn't kill her proper? Maybe he stunned her and next week someone else will kill her for real, take the energy and turn her to stone.

Maybe Big Z? Harness her energy for something and makes the portal permanent?

I believe that this was brought up on the latest Dev Q&A stream. Tuska's power is still flowing partly through her, but she is Guthix-dead. From next week we will probably see a change of some sort as her power will in much have gone to the portal that leads to Mazcab. 

I somehow doubt she will all turn to stone because of some special Jagex new lore invention thingy.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Arguably its never been established as a full gone lore fact that dead gods turn to stone in all cases.

There is a precedent certainly so far but of the 4 dead gods we've seen prior to Tuska haven't been killed by the same means

Skargaroth was stabbed by the elder sword

Guthix the elder staff

Bandos had a giant blast of god energy in his face, since thats what divine energy is mostly

V the elder mirror.

Tuska on the other hand was killed by a force of the Anima Mundi.

So there is room in the lore to make a realistic distinction especially when you think on some of the other dead god lore - Bandos history makes no mention of the two killed turning to stone, Marimbo didn't mention the one she drank to death turning to stone, there's no stone Zaros lurking around from when he was 'killed' and fled his body.

In terms of solid lore we can certainly say elder artefact death = stone god

We can also say it seems like being killed by divine energy, be it in an artefact or not = stone god

However it is possible other causes of death would not result in stone - such as death by anima mundi blast, death by non-divine objects etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I still think that the draining of all energy is what leaves the stone. However, if this it's true, that would mean that Armadyl would have to have taken nearly all of Bandos since he went stone immediately. Since no other apparent energy went anywhere else.

I think it's a great idea to have all that powery goodness just sitting in her waiting to be claimed. It could've made for a better game or continuation of the event to channel it to their God. Still jumping the islands, only to get to her head where Vorago struck her and siphon off energy or direct it into Gielinor.

The rest of the energy from Bandos might have just ended up in the explosion that created that hole in the ground, but Armadyl did take in a substantial amount of power, roughly equivalent to that of Saradomin when he captured the Lumbridge crater.

8f14270694.jpg

Arguably its never been established as a full gone lore fact that dead gods turn to stone in all cases.

There is a precedent certainly so far but of the 4 dead gods we've seen prior to Tuska haven't been killed by the same means

Skargaroth was stabbed by the elder sword

Guthix the elder staff

Bandos had a giant blast of god energy in his face, since thats what divine energy is mostly

V the elder mirror.

Tuska on the other hand was killed by a force of the Anima Mundi.

So there is room in the lore to make a realistic distinction especially when you think on some of the other dead god lore - Bandos history makes no mention of the two killed turning to stone, Marimbo didn't mention the one she drank to death turning to stone, there's no stone Zaros lurking around from when he was 'killed' and fled his body.

In terms of solid lore we can certainly say elder artefact death = stone god

We can also say it seems like being killed by divine energy, be it in an artefact or not = stone god

However it is possible other causes of death would not result in stone - such as death by anima mundi blast, death by non-divine objects etc.

You also have Loarnab turning to stone one head at a time while Zaros was murdering it.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Zaros is also an exception since he was born divine and had a crystalline body.

The God Bandos killed had his remains presumably destroyed along with the rest of the planet.

There are far more sources to go towards them turning to stone than not.

I purposefully left Loarnab out as an unreliable source simple because we have not seen his remains to verify he did in fact turn to stone and it could just be an embellished or in accurate story.

Admittedly we did see stone remains for him in New Varrock, but New Varrock had an entirely different timeline and the exact details of his death there are unknown.

If we do however factor him the turning to stone, it still stands with the Elder God/God Energy link = stone since Zaros killed him with god magic and Zaros is, in some ways, an elder artefact having been directly created by Mah.

Also at Miss_Kozlov - No. Zaros does not have a crystalline body. The few images we have of him sans robes certainly has some crystal-esque purple spikes but the bulk of him does not appear as crystal and has never been described as such. Also using inference from the lore it makes no sense for him to be crystal - he is the embodiment of dark energy whilst Seren is the embodiment of light energy. Crystals are often linked to light and good magic in various histories and cultures which is why Seren is a crystal being - it thematically fits.

But it does not thematically fit for Zaros, based on the themes we do have his body seems more likely to be some sort of solidified shadow linking with the themes of dark energy, his power over the shadow realm and with the names given to him like 'the empty lord.' Further support to this comes from the fact if you injure him in Fate of the Gods he has a mist-like gash that leaks shadowy particles, which is not consistent wih how damage to a crystal body would look, as clearly seen in Seren's model in Prif. Plus the original concept art even has his leaving a trail of shadows as he moves.

Also in terms of stone vs not. I'd say sources are fairly equal in terms of stone vs other

Guthix, Bandos, Skargaroth, V and Loarnab are all reported as turning to stone.

Jododoku Otaku, Ebeb, The one that died near Marimbo and Zaros are all unreported on what happened to their bodies on death (and this total does not include the several un-named gods V claims to have killed)

Tuska hasn't so far turned to stone.

So really in terms of pure numbers we have less dead-gods that have definitely turned to stone in the lore than we have gods that either definitely have not or we have no idea other way what happened to their corpse.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Re: Marimbo: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Marimbo

During Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza, Marimbo will tell players of her ascension, which she recalls little about. She reveals that she was just an average non-sapient gorilla, and that she 'just one day woke up'. When she became aware, she found herself next to the stony corpse of a dead god along with an empty wine barrel, whose followers nearby then told her about the dead god being hedonistic as well, and travelling worlds challenging mortals to drinking contests. It's suggested that Marimbo defeated him in a drinking contest and that the overdose of alcohol killed him, which might have drained his divine energy into Marimbo in some way.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Hmm my bad on Marimbo then, coulda sworn it didn't say.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

On Zaros being crystaline... He breaks off a piece of his body and gives it to us at the end of FOTG. What he gives us is crystal, so presumably, he is crystal in some sense.

If you compare the concept arts of Zaros (without robes, as well as in his cutscene), and Seren, both are sort of the same, aside from male/female, and black/purple and white/cyan color schemes.

Seren is just more crystal because somehow when she exploded her self, she lost the organic structure and was more solid crystal. In one of the lore stories I believe that they said after Zamorak stabbed Zaros, Zaro's body was found.

So presumably, Zaros is made up of 3 parts. The orb that is his core (which only T2 gods can utilize), his crystaline body (which we rebuild for him), and his clothes (which he conjures after we build him a body).

Seren would only have a light core and crystaline body. It doesn't look like she wears clothes

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

On Zaros being crystaline... He breaks off a piece of his body and gives it to us at the end of FOTG. What he gives us is crystal, so presumably, he is crystal in some sense.

If you compare the concept arts of Zaros (without robes, as well as in his cutscene), and Seren, both are sort of the same, aside from male/female, and black/purple and white/cyan color schemes.

Seren is just more crystal because somehow when she exploded her self, she lost the organic structure and was more solid crystal. In one of the lore stories I believe that they said after Zamorak stabbed Zaros, Zaro's body was found.

So presumably, Zaros is made up of 3 parts. The orb that is his core (which only T2 gods can utilize), his crystaline body (which we rebuild for him), and his clothes (which he conjures after we build him a body).

Seren would only have a light core and crystaline body. It doesn't look like she wears clothes

Arguably what we get given - Shard of Zaros - is at no point described as a crystal. It is only ever described as part of Zaros body and given the purple hue it does fit with the crystal-ish protrusions from his black body. And a shard can be anything - shard of metal, shard of wood, shard of bone etc.

But it still remains at no point in the lore is he even described as being made of crystal.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The memory crystals (same for seren and zaros, except color), the fact Seren blew up into crystal.... and the fact that Seren is Zaros' counterpart all point to him being similar.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

The memory crystals (same for seren and zaros, except color), the fact Seren blew up into crystal.... and the fact that Seren is Zaros' counterpart all point to him being similar.

The memoriam crystals are part of a machine, what material they are made from has little relevance to whether or not Zaros is crystal. It is simply a reflection that the device is seemingly something they created together. I mean is everything in the world that contains your memories made of human flesh?

In terms of the lore everything points to Seren and Zaros being as opposite as possible, not similar. One is light, one is darkness, one inspires love in those she is near the other loyalty, one is aligned with the idea of battle - combat magics, crossing breeding species to create new things, building an empire as dictatorial figure - the other is about peace - retreating to keep her people safe, democracy etc. 

Literally every aspect and turn we have seen of these 2 has put them as an opposing pair, not a matching one and based on this there is no reason to assume Zaros is made of crystal in the void of solid evidence. Especially when what little we had would point otherwise - his pure black body has no signs or textures to suggest crystal, his wound does not conform with damaged crystal like Serens wound and in terms of the oldest most deep seated lore Seren has always been about crystal and Zaros has always been about shadow and that would fit with a jet black body, the oozing wound, the shadow trails he leaves and the links to the shadow realm. In the same way that much of what we know of Seren fits into the crystal.

Essentially the tl:dr is nothing in lore says what Zaros is made of definitively. There is no reason to assume he would be crystal because Seren is as everything else about them is set up as oppositions.

Plv6Dz6.jpg