Raids - The Liberation of Mazcab (13/07/2015 Update)

Drazhor

You keep your prayer points high so it doesn't drop in the first place... Because it's effectively a second pool of health

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I think it would've been great to have set raids in the Eastern Lands. You could've workednon the rebuilding of the islands and defeating the monsters left over after the overthrow of Quinn.

Only tricky thing might've been how to set Ports and it's storyline in the past, but since when has making sense ever mattered to Jagex? :P

Why not require the completion of Ports before allowing access to Eastern Lands?

Doesn't it take like...months to complete ports even if you do everything efficiently? Not everyone has it completed.

• Like 3

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I think it would've been great to have set raids in the Eastern Lands. You could've workednon the rebuilding of the islands and defeating the monsters left over after the overthrow of Quinn.

Only tricky thing might've been how to set Ports and it's storyline in the past, but since when has making sense ever mattered to Jagex? :P

Why not require the completion of Ports before allowing access to Eastern Lands?

Doesn't it take like...months to complete ports even if you do everything efficiently? Not everyone has it completed.

That's true, but it would make the content even more end game if you needed several non combat 90s as well as minigame investments

• Like 1

You keep your prayer points high so it doesn't drop in the first place... Because it's effectively a second pool of health

And this justifies tierscape?

And btw it means your encounters will have to be shorter because when monsters hit you, your shield is t75, meaning you take more damage when compared to a t90, but that damage is reduced by its effects.

And this justifies tierscape?
Yes.

Skill enough to open the area to make t85 tank armor. Invest time into the minigame and then obtain the ability to get t90 tank items

Like whips, spirit shields have had their time in the sun and newer shields that are harder to get should be better than them.

Pretty sure that spirit shields are still the *hardest* shields to get in this game. 

In reality though, all of my friends are using t90 shields for tanking the new raid bosses anyway.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

You can also get 4 shields in one chest at ROTS.

19509_s.gif

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Like whips, spirit shields have had their time in the sun and newer shields that are harder to get should be better than them.

Pretty sure that spirit shields are still the *hardest* shields to get in this game. 

In reality though, all of my friends are using t90 shields for tanking the new raid bosses anyway.

Corp is a solo boss, it's also a mass-friendly boss (and there's one mass fc that runs most of the time). It is in no way comparable to RoTs which is much harder.

• Like 3

Reality check on spirit shields being hardest to get.

I SUCK at pvm.

I can kill corp without too much hassle solo, did so 2nd try when working on comp stoofs.

I can't do rots like at all yet. I went 3 times and did okay but ultimately died, then got some good clannies to get me a kill whilst I hid in the corner.

Given the inclination I could quite happily go self-source me some spirit shields, rots shields ge or go home basically.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'd say spirit shields are the hardest to get solely based on drop rates.

"The droprate for obtaining a sigil is 1 in 512. The Ring of wealth increases the chance of obtaining a sigil to 1 in 507. If a player hits the sigil drop table, there is a 1 in 8 chance of Elysian, 1 in 8 chance of Divine, 3 in 8 chance of Spectral and 3 in 8 chance of Arcane."

+ you also need a holy elixir and spirit shield drop

IIRC rots shields are 1/80? Not to mention there are 4 chances at one per kill as aforementioned.

That being said, it'd be nice for t90 shields to get some sort of special effect to distinguish them from the lot. Maybe 10% cooldown reduction on all defensive abilities or something.

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

However you must put drops rates in perspective of kill speed.

Solo corp you can down pretty quickly, mass corp your talking seconds per kill.

Rots your talking in minutes per kill even before you factor in the time spent outside the kills - ie re-supplying, running from the shadow, finding a team/arranging friends to be a team. And thats without taking into accounted failed kills, which I understand to be something that is a reasonably regular occurrence even with good teams.

I mean I have 77 corp kills from 1 clan trip to corp that only lasted about a bit under an hour, including like 15 minutes of faffing around meeting up and we weren't even killing it that fast cause wasn't all that many of us.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So how exactly does Blood Neck compare now to Ammy of Souls when considering using lots of AOE attacks, such as with Nox Scythe (or similar)?

Perhaps it's a difficult question to quantify with not really knowing how much better AOS was made or BN reduced... :|

2dgucz6.png

So how exactly does Blood Neck compare now to Ammy of Souls when considering using lots of AOE attacks, such as with Nox Scythe (or similar)?

Perhaps it's a difficult question to quantify with not really knowing how much better AOS was made or BN reduced... :|

Souls is best if you are tanking with a protection prayer on, regardless, as it makes protect lower damage by 60%, rather than 50%

When DPSing...

Souls is best if you are attacking one thing, and are in max dps gear

Blood necks are better if you are doing lazy kills, and are being lazy dps. It also has the advantage of damaging your target.

I'd say spirit shields are the hardest to get solely based on drop rates.

"The droprate for obtaining a sigil is 1 in 512. The Ring of wealth increases the chance of obtaining a sigil to 1 in 507. If a player hits the sigil drop table, there is a 1 in 8 chance of Elysian, 1 in 8 chance of Divine, 3 in 8 chance of Spectral and 3 in 8 chance of Arcane."

+ you also need a holy elixir and spirit shield drop

IIRC rots shields are 1/80? Not to mention there are 4 chances at one per kill as aforementioned.

That being said, it'd be nice for t90 shields to get some sort of special effect to distinguish them from the lot. Maybe 10% cooldown reduction on all defensive abilities or something.

Horizontal expansion. Something that needs to come with invention. Tierscape has ruined part of rs when it came out.

Souls is best if you are tanking with a protection prayer on, regardless, as it makes protect lower damage by 60%, rather than 50%

When DPSing...

Souls is best if you are attacking one thing, and are in max dps gear

Blood necks are better if you are doing lazy kills, and are being lazy dps. It also has the advantage of damaging your target.

I remember calculations from a while back showed that the damage from blood was significantly higher than the extra strength bonus even between blood fury and aos, so I'd think that blood would always be better as far as damage output goes even considering the recent nerf, but that needs to be recalculated. From the videos I've watched, it seems like people run around a lot at these bosses. That would also favor blood assuming all that running keeps you within it's effective range.

Aos seems notably better for health, though.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Souls is nice because it mitigates damage while you have protection prayers on, potentially more than a BN would heal depending on how much damage you are taking.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

I wouldn't want to restrict raids behind completion of Ports because it's clear they are going to invest more time into this and I want there to be as much justification for that as possible. They waste enough time on nonsense as it is.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Only Jagex could be stupid enough to think that a boss that requires 10 people to do, an insane amount of coordination, effort, skill and is incredibly costly to do should give no rewards. Meanwhile a few people are selling leeches to make profits, everyone else is killing Yakamaru (to boost KC) for nothing. Just mind-boggling stupidity. They want to do 'cool' concepts (such as only being able to loot once per 48 hours), without actually thinking of the consequences. It's almost as if they designed this boss just to ensure that the only people who could profit from it are leech sellers.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's pretty dumb.  There's no real reason to log on more than every 2 days lol.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Yeah, it's pretty dumb. There's no real reason to log on more than every 2 days lol.

There's no more reason to log on...

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.