Dev Blog: QP master cape

helring

Dev Blog: Quest Point Master Cape

The Quest Point cape has always been a difficult, time-consuming cape to attain and maintain. Those who do posses one can boast about having a great amount of dedication and commitment in skills across the board as well as being able to complete the many mind-twisting puzzles that we have with over 200 Quests in the game!

The quest point cape, even though it shows the amount of dedication beyond a single 99 in a skill, never had a "trimmed" version and rather than adding an extra colour to the cape's tassels we thought of going a step further and introduce a Quest Point Master cape.

What is a Quest Point Master Cape?

A master cape shows even greater dedication than a skillcape but with the amount of quests that are available we chose a slightly different approach:

- Completing all quests, miniquests and claiming all post-quest rewards will be a requirement to wear the cape.
-> Post-quest rewards will not include lore books that do not necessarily improve the player character (e.g. 'Archmage' or post-Plague's End titles). 
-> Anything that awards items, XP or unlocks should be a requirement.
- The cape would have a similar appearance to that of a master ("120") cape. 
- Some of the requirements will overlap with the Completionist and Trimmed Completionist capes (but will not be a requirement for either).
- It would be included in the Completionist tab for an easy way of tracking your progress. 

Secondly, few things what that cape is not:
- An everything-lore cape.
- A taskmaster cape.
- An overly RNG-based cape.
- A music cape.
- A D&D or a Minigame cape.
- A requirement for the Completionist/Trimmed Completionist cape, just like any other master cape other than Dungeoneering.

Requirements

This is where we need you! Below is a list of the requirements that would be befitting the master cape but being just human we might have missed one or two thus in order to get this correct the first time - please do suggest other requirements that you think would fit in well with the cape. Do remember, however, tasks, RNG-based lore books that do not necessarily improve the player character from a gameplay standpoint, pets, Minigames and D&D's should not be part of the cape.

All quests complete

100% completion of every Fremennik saga
Unlocked the Abyss
Completed the Azdaran document
Unlocked all routes in the Balloon Transport System
Bar Crawl complete
Collected all of Blood Pact’s demon statuettes
Completed Broken Home post-quest challenges and opened all chests
Completed the 3 Buyers and Cellars capers
Unlock Char's training cave
The Curse of Zaros complete
The General’s Shadow completed
Completed Doric & Boric's tasks
Completed 5 supply runs after Death Plateau
Cleansed the murals in adamant dragon dungeon and Mount Firewake
Put Clarence to rest
Digsite pendant ability unlocked
All rewards unlocked from Dimension of Disaster, including the tasks
Unlocked all Death of Chivalry post-quest rewards
Given the Apothecary Herbi Flax's diary
Found all Enchanted Key treasures
Fairy Tale III post quest rewards (incl. all fairy ring locations and excl. tooth creature)
Obtained the Holy Cithara
Hopespear's Will complete
Koschei's Troubles completed & all Kharshai's Memories unlocked
Opened all chests after Dishonour among Thieves
Obtained a medium XP lamp post-Heart of Stone
Mogre miniquest complete (sobered up Skippy)
Fully enchanted your broomstick after Swept Away
Unlocked the Purple Cat
Unlocked the ability to chip teleport tablets
Unlocked the God Wars Dungeon teleport spell
Completed Stronghold of Player Safety & Stronghold of Security
Unlock the full power of the Ivandis Flail
Caught Thalassus 10 times
Delivered 25 chimp ices
Killed 4000 chompies
Unlocked all spells from Livid Farm
Unlocked all rewards from Missing, Presumed Death
Fate of the Gods post quest rewards (XP lamps, helm of Zaros, Crest of Seren, 6a-circuit upgrade, Sliske's Gift)
Gained max Varrock Musuem Kudos
Met Philipe Carnillean at all currently available locations
Gained access to the secret treasure room post-Diamond in the Rough
Gained access to the secret treasure room post-Do No Evil
Get all experience from the cave paintings in the Land of Snow
Engraved all of Dororan's jewelery
Unlocked the ability to purchase full white armour
Rag and Bone Man & Fur'n'seek wishlists done
Unlocked all Rogue Trader merchandise
Spoken to Azacorax after Rune Memories and gained Prayer or Magic XP
Unlock the Vyrelord title
Put Arrav to rest after ROTM
One of a Kind post-quest rewards
Open the Dragon Forge
Killed Tarn Razorlor
Gained the extra constitution XP after Song from the Depths
Fully upgraded Pig Creation machine
Plague’s End post-quest rewards (Ability to grow 3 spirit trees, Magic, Divination, Melee, Slayer and Smithing XP lamps)
Killed all post-Smoking Kills bosses
Given completed Scabarite notes to Abigail
Completed Sheep Shearer & Witch's Potion
Gained access to Vanligga's yak shop
All Wilderness spirit realm portals unlocked

What's next?

With the core aims being revealed to you, we're now eagerly waiting for your feedback! Please note that some things might change during development and not every bit of feedback will be taken on-board but we will be monitoring this thread and I will be updating the requirements list if the suggestions are feasible. :)

The Ninja Team

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/a=13/c=DkWhc4ti5E8/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?373,374,5,65659523

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

My main take away from this - screw thalers and fish flingers I need to kill thoose chompies asap.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sounds like a part way to trim cape

See I kinda like that as a concept cause Max cape is a like a party way to comp cape for skillers so why shouldn't quests get some sort of part way to comp cape.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hmm. I hate quests, but a master quest that doesn't take hundred of hours of monotonous grind sounds fun. Time to start questing so I can be close to this when it comes out. Looks like 90 Base requirement for it tho with "All chest in A Broken Home"

So, with "Completed Broken Home post-quest challenges and opened all chests" as a req, you need 90+ in all skills? Next to that, Livid farm and chompies seem like the big reqs for this cape (though I may have missed big ones as I am not fully up to date with high-level content)

I like the idea of more master capes, like one for questing, one for bossing (one for RNG stuff?) etc So that people who don't like one part of the game still can keep their cape.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

While the Chompies one is frankly stupid, the one ffor Livid Farm is simply cruel. Anyone who has spent any time around a forum and any discussion of Comp Cape knows of the hatred of Livid by all, not just comp holders. It's pretty well known that content is loathed.

So why include it? It feels a bit of a F-U by them.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Seems less arbitrary than what goes on comp / trim, already a plus in my books. Assuming they actually do get everything.

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

While the Chompies one is frankly stupid, the one ffor Livid Farm is simply cruel. Anyone who has spent any time around a forum and any discussion of Comp Cape knows of the hatred of Livid by all, not just comp holders. It's pretty well known that content is loathed.

So why include it? It feels a bit of a F-U by them.

Probably because there's no reason to not include it as comp has already set the precedent of it being required for stuff.

Basically the entirety of that list is taking stuff that is already comp or trim reqs and relates to quests and making them into their own cape. None of these are new requirements for elite show-off capes its just regrouping them as a 'master quest cape' in the same way all 99s is grouped in max cape.

Besides I think it fits nicely it is a quest relate reward

Plv6Dz6.jpg

A fair point, but when you have something else that is reviled by a massive portion of your audience maybe you back it down a tad?

On another note, is Chompy hunting faster than it used to be? I don't think I've done it since I needed a Jubbly for quest.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

It got significantly faster with EoC, you 1 hit pretty much every bird now as opposed to not that many before. Can get like 230-250 kph

A fair point, but when you have something else that is reviled by a massive portion of your audience maybe you back it down a tad?

On another note, is Chompy hunting faster than it used to be? I don't think I've done it since I needed a Jubbly for quest.

Chompy hunting is mega fast now, but it still takes time. I agree with you though, let livid (and chompies) and some of the other more insane crap be COMP OR TRIM reqs. I feel these all suck:

Caught Thalassus 10 times - please no

Delivered 25 chimp ices - 13/10, no thanks

All rewards unlocked from Dimension of Disaster, including the tasks - Everything about this is AWFUL.

Completed Broken Home post-quest challenges and opened all chests - I'm nearly 80 all, and this stinks. 

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

hahaha oh god I need to go back to Broken Home ffff

I don't think I've bothered looting the blood pact stuff either, those statuettes look nice on the stands

chompies and livid are pretty cruel. then again, if you compared the qp cape to a 99, all these extras on the list kinda match the expected jump you'd make to get a 120 cape.

any idea if all the new varrock rewards includes the chromatic partyhat?...

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

hahaha oh god I need to go back to Broken Home ffff

I don't think I've bothered looting the blood pact stuff either, those statuettes look nice on the stands

chompies and livid are pretty cruel. then again, if you compared the qp cape to a 99, all these extras on the list kinda match the expected jump you'd make to get a 120 cape.

any idea if all the new varrock rewards includes the chromatic partyhat?...

I'd guess no since it is cosmetic only and does not improve your character in any tangible way.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

TBH, the chompies thing is alright.

What shouldn't be on there is livid farm, however.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

By that logic doing everything that's on comp cape from Prifddinas should also be on there though...

• Like 1

Druidic Ritual and Wolf Whissle unlock the herb and summon skills. They should add a requirement of 99 herb and summon to the quest cape /s

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Druidic Ritual and Wolf Whissle unlock the herb and summon skills. They should add a requirement of 99 herb and summon to the quest cape /s

No they don't and they haven't for several years.

The removed quests to unlock skills when they made the burthorpe/taverly tutorial and reworked those quests

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

99 in a skill? I have those skills, herb and summoning, to 99 and 98 respectively, but not everyone does. That's silly. That would be a part of the "I play hard" cape, an upgraded version of the superior quest cape

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png