Dev Blog: QP master cape

helring

This is still a MASTER cape, I don't think it's wrong to expect such amounts of work for it.

A master cape is 104M XP.... The MQPC is 211M XP (90 base + 117 DG) or maybe higher if there are higher than 90 reqs for things. PLUS the actual quests, post quest content, journals/lore stuff... It is greater than twice the XP as a regular master cape but even more work on top of that

This is still a MASTER cape, I don't think it's wrong to expect such amounts of work for it.

A master cape is 104M XP.... The MQPC is 211M XP (90 base + 117 DG) or maybe higher if there are higher than 90 reqs for things. PLUS the actual quests, post quest content, journals/lore stuff... It is greater than twice the XP as a regular master cape but even more work on top of that

Quest Cape is currently around 41m exp, over 3x the amount of exp of normal skill capes, and that will rise as time goes on. Setting the Mastery cape at 104m for Quests would be weird when the regular cape will probably pass that someday

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Quest Cape is currently around 41m exp, over 3x the amount of exp of normal skill capes, and that will rise as time goes on. Setting the Mastery cape at 104m for Quests would be weird when the regular cape will probably pass that someday

It just shows it's more than a mastery cape and closer to a 3/4 comp cape. Experience is actually pretty irrelevant besides DG. 90 base isn't THAT bad. The biggest issue I have with it is the RNG related stuff and 117 dungeoneering... And the enhanced firecape. Unless the MQPC is going to offer the Kiln cape stats then I see no point in it.

• Like 1

Last time they put up a high req, it was screamed out by complainers who forced them to drop it by 17 levels.

Wasn't that Firemaker's Curse? In the community's defense, the next highest level was like 80 or something. Never mind that the quest would still have been pretty forgettable even if they kept the requirement intact.

You can also get 99/120 in most skills by doing a single thing from 0 xp to 104m. Questing is a lot longer and more involved.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Master capes are endgame content.  Nobody goes for a master cape from level 3.   I don't think the idea is that the qpmc should be as hard to achieve as a master cape for a new player, but rather it should be as hard to achieve as a master cape for a maxed player.  And right now it isn't.  

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Well, I think we're all bickering over nothing since what the cape originally was conceptualized as and what it is now are two different things. Now they want to add a Herculean list of things to do without including the downright awful stuff for the cape, which I will now call the "Story Highlights Integration Trophy."

• Like 1

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Last time they put up a high req, it was screamed out by complainers who forced them to drop it by 17 levels.

Wasn't that Firemaker's Curse? In the community's defense, the next highest level was like 80 or something. Never mind that the quest would still have been pretty forgettable even if they kept the requirement intact.

Yes it was. The requirements were dropped due to outrage because the level was deemed to high for a quest.

This was later changed to level 74 for the quest and level 91 being required for access to Char's training cave after the quest.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Well, I think we're all bickering over nothing since what the cape originally was conceptualized as and what it is now are two different things. Now they want to add a Herculean list of things to do without including the downright awful stuff for the cape, which I will now call the "Story Highlights Integration Trophy."

I've already started completing a few of the tasks... Some I'll save until I max probably :/

I'm displeased with some of the reqs, but so be it. I can't remember if I asked, will this cape eventually be required for trim or something?

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

I've already started completing a few of the tasks... Some I'll save until I max probably :/

I'm displeased with some of the reqs, but so be it. I can't remember if I asked, will this cape eventually be required for trim or something?

The plan is to not have this needed for trim or comp, like the other Mastery Capes

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

The plan is to not have this needed for trim or comp, like the other Mastery Capes

And on a scale of actually not happening to Jagex going against their word in the future, what's the likleyhood of it being added to comp/trim

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

And on a scale of actually not happening to Jagex going against their word in the future, what's the likleyhood of it being added to comp/trim

Don't worry, the cape will not be needed, but every req for the cape will be ;) problem solved.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Literally every single req bar the RNG pvm lore book drops are existing comp/trim reqs, aside from a couple of minor post-quest rewards/miniquests that probably ought to be included in comps req anyway.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Or the question of its so close to Comp why do it in the first place? Maybe go back to what people always wanted in the first place?

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Or the question of its so close to Comp why do it in the first place? Maybe go back to what people always wanted in the first place?

Many of the older suggestions for trimmed quest cape included stuff like all journals. All journals seemed to be one of the top suggestions alongside all tasks.

So, if you went back to trimmed you'd just end up with a cape with less stats and similar reqs.

If you look at the forum topic on it, people weren't even sure exactly what they wanted on it, and Jagex didn't want to release a cape that didn't have much more on it than the regular Quest Cape http://[Use Quick Find Code]/a=13/c=cq5IbR96t*I/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?341,342,775,65268216,goto,1

They weren't sure because it was never going anywhere with Jagex. And I'm talking about long before there were journals.

The earliest ones just said "let us trim it if we have another skill cape", not sure how many would have been interested in that now. Reading the thread though, a lot of people had ideas of hat should be on the cape, and many disagreed. It had nothing to do with whether Jagex would ever make the cape, players just disagreed about what was proper.