Dev Blog: QP master cape

helring

Why do the DG journals vary so wildly in drop rate? lol wonder if I actually have em, even if they're not required

Because it's fun to screw with us.

The real fun bit is the long standing bug (I've seen enough reports of it to believe its a real bug at this point) where one random easy to get journal just never ever drops for you.

Cause I mean who doesn't get a drop of Marm n Thok 4 doing 1-120 dg with a fair bit of solo PLUS investing a good few hours into purposefully hunting for that journal... *eye twitches*

Just saying, with RNG it is possible to never get a drop, as easy as the droprate might be. In fact you can calculate how many people probably won't have had such a drop after so many times trying. The more people try to get such a drop the higher probability that someone doesn't have gotten such a drop. So it might just be really really bad luck :|

Usually I would agree but the sheer number of reports of this happening to people, specifically on the fairly easily obtainable journals that appears in lower floors, set against lots of time invested in dg and straight up hunting that journal screams bug to me.

By all means we could all be wrong and we've just had sucky luck to the max, but to me the volume of decent believable reports of this occurring is too high to fit with the statistical probability of it being sheer bad luck on rng.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Ahwell.. Just 30 chompies then. I remember when people did the feather headress thingy, which was unlocked by certain number of chomp kills. Back in the days those were some of the coolest head-worn items. I tried to do it, but got bored after 500 or 600 kills. Was thinking on continuing it afterwards at some point, but nvm now.

Also why remove Livid Farm completely? Atleast 1 unlocked spell should be a requirement. It's listed in the Fremennik hard task list also. However I got the boots before it was introduced, so no need to do that either, but it only takes a couple of hours maximum for the cheapest spell.

Delivering chimp ices wasn't hard either. The quest guide did it's job really well!

In my opinion it seems a bit odd that some people have the patience to repeat over and over again a grind to level 99, or 200m xp. Compared to that, these 3 tasks are piece of cake. If you want to reduce the requirements, fine by me I guess. Makes my life easier, hopefully the feeling of challenge will still remain.

In a way I was also hoping for these dead areas to come more alive thanks to the requirements, but too many were upset with even bothering.

hokuspokus.png

Do not lose heart, fight for even the smallest hope. Do not give quarter to the forces of evil. Pursuit kindness and embrace love.

In my opinion it seems a bit odd that some people have the patience to repeat over and over again a grind to level 99, or 200m xp. Compared to that, these 3 tasks are piece of cake. If you want to reduce the requirements, fine by me I guess. Makes my life easier, hopefully the feeling of challenge will still remain.

That was of the concept (at least originally) of the Master Quest Point Cape though :P. They wanted a cape for people who enjoyed quests and lore, but not necessarily grinding out a certain task a thousand times.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Also why remove Livid Farm completely? Atleast 1 unlocked spell should be a requirement. It's listed in the Fremennik hard task list also. However I got the boots before it was introduced, so no need to do that either, but it only takes a couple of hours maximum for the cheapest spell.

This requirement was removed from the fremy elite tasks, I believe

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

This requirement was removed from the fremy elite tasks, I believe

it's still there, it's just not a required task

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg