Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dev Blog: QP master cape

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
The reward lamps are! The rest aren't considered significant unlocks that improve a player, in comparison to the livid farm spells.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw

Druidic Ritual and Wolf Whissle unlock the herb and summon skills. They should add a requirement of 99 herb and summon to the quest cape /s

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

Druidic Ritual and Wolf Whissle unlock the herb and summon skills. They should add a requirement of 99 herb and summon to the quest cape /s

No they don't and they haven't for several years.

The removed quests to unlock skills when they made the burthorpe/taverly tutorial and reworked those quests

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
It is a logical extension true, but it's also downright nasty. Can we please just skip it? Pretty please?
Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

DownToFletch
[ Display Name History ]

DownToFletch

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • RSN:All My Love
  • Clan:Age of Ancients

99 in a skill? I have those skills, herb and summoning, to 99 and 98 respectively, but not everyone does. That's silly. That would be a part of the "I play hard" cape, an upgraded version of the superior quest cape

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

I think that was the point - he was being sarcastic. But if you really want to push things, technically, I guess the argument is there. And while you are no longer forced to complete the quests to use those skills, they do provide a good introduction for a newer player.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,799 posts
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

Hey, they are, although not level 99 but level 90 ;)

But seriously, livid farm makes much sense to me, it is something only gettable post-quest, not RNG-based (like dragon pickaxe), it is just a hell of a requirement.

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

if they were ever going to update livid farm, it would be to add aoe explosions and a pet to it

8f14270694.jpg

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts

You know if the spells unlocked were something truly useful, and maybe they buffed up XP a bit, it might be slightly less annoying. Like maybe if you could give yourself some sort of boost like bonfires for casting a spell that stacks on top of everything else that already exists...there must be something they can improve or add.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

Whilst I agree livid farm could do with some work I think it's unfair to say it has nothing useful about it.

Repair Rune Pouches is a very useful spell for anyone doing actual rune running still.

North Ardougne Tele is gr8 for herb/farm runs for those without the elite cape.

Remote Farm has a number of solid uses.

Make leather can be a good shortcut if you craft via hides

Veng Group is useful in some combat stuff, even if not totall top end meta game,

Trollheim tele to the herb patch insanely useful.

Admittedly a lot of it loses its use if you are already maxed, but I think the issue is less that the spells aren't useful and more that the gameplay is soooo grindy and sooo long that it out weighs peoples desire to unlock useful content before they have to.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
group venge used to be the joke spell you used on warped gulega but now you can actually keep popping it for pretty good extra damage at Yakamaru

6Ij0n.jpg

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts

Indeed, group veng is amazing at raids.

Additionally, disruption shield is very good, too. However you can't use it if you use mage, but it negates a single, non typeless hit... its pretty good I say

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

Whilst I agree livid farm could do with some work I think it's unfair to say it has nothing useful about it.

Repair Rune Pouches is a very useful spell for anyone doing actual rune running still.

That and isn't blood rune running via the Abyss the fastest RC exp method now?

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts

That and isn't blood rune running via the Abyss the fastest RC exp method now?

It is indeed, but it's probably going to take a while (if ever) to convert people from afk and easy runespan to clicking and running like hell for running runes :-D.

---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
I often times feel that the person who developed Livid Farm goes about the office trying to find ways to have their content included in stuff that way they can fight off the inner demons inside telling them how much of a personal failure they are for designing and implementing that piece of content.

At the end of that day J-mod when all is quiet do you still hear the lambs screaming?
Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts

I often times feel that the person who developed Livid Farm goes about the office trying to find ways to have their content included in stuff that way they can fight off the inner demons inside telling them how much of a personal failure they are for designing and implementing that piece of content.

At the end of that day J-mod when all is quiet do you still hear the lambs screaming?

It was Mod Mark who designed livid.

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
Livid Farm was developed by Tim C, who also did popular stuff like Barrows, Pest Control, While Guthix Sleeps, and Dominion Tower ... and unfortunately not so great stuff like Mobilising Armies.

6Ij0n.jpg

DownToFletch
[ Display Name History ]

DownToFletch

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 812 posts

Repair Rune Pouches is a very useful spell for anyone doing actual rune running still. If you're running runes it takes all of half a second to stop at the mage in the center of the abyss

North Ardougne Tele is gr8 for herb/farm runs for those without the elite cape. I don't have the elite cape yet you still get 1 free teleport a day from hard cape, plus ardy lodestone is all of 4 seconds away.

Remote Farm has a number of solid uses. Indeed this can be useful, but if you're like me and pay farmers because you aren't willing to risk xp when you don't/can't check trees it's ok. for herbs it's definitely useful. 

Make leather can be a good shortcut if you craft via hides Portable crafters make this spell pretty meh now. If you plan on sitting at black dragons or whateverr all day and tanning as you get the hides so you can make them into stuff then alch them I guess it's ok

Veng Group is useful in some combat stuff, even if not totall top end meta game,

Trollheim tele to the herb patch insanely useful. I'll be honest I didn't even know people still went to this patch lol

Admittedly a lot of it loses its use if you are already maxed, but I think the issue is less that the spells aren't useful and more that the gameplay is soooo grindy and sooo long that it out weighs peoples desire to unlock useful content before they have to.

that's fairly aggressive. 

max.png 50.png

Chaoy2
[ Display Name History ]

Chaoy2

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • RSN:Chaoy2
The repair pouch spell makes the pouch last longer than fixing it in the abyss I believe. When the spell was released, it was very useful for nature runecrafters using graahks.
Posted Image

DownToFletch
[ Display Name History ]

DownToFletch

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 812 posts

I believe the large pouch lasts something like ~50 trips worth of ess? If that isn't long enough idk what is lol

max.png 50.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users