Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dev Blog: QP master cape

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw

The GWD books include getting a Nex book right? Between that and Kiln...ugh.

Yes, however you don't need to get a drop, just be on a kill and get a drop. The book appears for you even if you doin't get the drop, but do damage

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Grand Lord Dan
[ Display Name History ]

Grand Lord Dan

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:DJ Dan-3

My opinion on the Enhanced fire cape requirement is this:  Instead of focusing on the requirement, fix the Fire cape unlock to only showing the 3 Tohkaar to get it.  I don't really like the idea of having to sacrifice 2 capes I actually want to use.  Alternatively, make enhanced fire cape have all 3 Kiln cape stats, but that might be lolOP.

How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts

Make enchanted cape an item, for all 3 classes.

Problem solved.

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

DownToFletch
[ Display Name History ]

DownToFletch

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • RSN:All My Love
  • Clan:Age of Ancients

I'm a bit cross at this having turned into a Lore cape just for the excuse to include these things into making it a lite Completionist cape.

And Fletch, now with max kudos you'll have to beat the QBD as well.

Inb4 way to obtain the cape is by upgrading the Quest Cape with untradeable silk dropped by Arraxor.

I can beat QBD, I do most of my black dragon tasks there :D

I think I'm something like 20 kudos short of maximum, not sure what I'm missing, I might check that out tonight. 

I haven't beaten raxxor yet, rip

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
Point is, they hijacked what people wanted and are making far too much out of it.

It never was a quest master cape we wanted, we wanted a trimmed quest cape. Something for like completed all quests, all mini quests, post quest rewards, and maybe a few odds and ends. Not this list of a 100+ catch all BS.
Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

DownToFletch
[ Display Name History ]

DownToFletch

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • RSN:All My Love
  • Clan:Age of Ancients

Looking at the list again with some clan mates, it does seem a little excessive. I would settle for what you said, a trimmed quest cape that didn't require 90 all/113 dg as well as a ton of other crazy requirements, but instead required some menial tasks... and then maybe also a master cape

edit: I'm not sure, this cape isn't going to become a comp/trim req is it??

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts
Who knows with these jackasses. Most of the stuff on the list in Comp stuff anyway.

Chaoy2
[ Display Name History ]

Chaoy2

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • RSN:Chaoy2

Yes, however you don't need to get a drop, just be on a kill and get a drop. The book appears for you even if you doin't get the drop, but do damage

That's great news, thank you! Would loot share matter?
Posted Image

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts
  • RSN:helring

They probably skipped trim because it doesn't make sense. Capes are trimmed by doing something completely unrelated. You don't trim a cooking cape by cooking, you trim a cooking cape by getting 99 in some other skill. So a Trimmed Quest Cape would come from a Taskmaster Cape or something similar. So, they skipped trim, but the next cape up is Mastery, and with regular quest cape already at 41m, they figured Quest Mastery needed to be a lot higher.

Also, to be fair, a lot of proposals for trimmed quest cape previously included journals and/or all books. Its not like these reqs came out of nowhere. Once Manti made it clear that Miniquests,Quest, and Postquest stuff wouldn't be enough we had to figure out what stuff could be closely related.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,799 posts
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

Just think of the risk involved for an ironman team :| But I never did Nex so I don't know how difficult it is.

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
I'm pretty sure you can just wait in the room before Nex's Prison and wait for the team inside to get an item, then jump in and scoop up the lore book. That's how I got mine bc lazy (and everyone was using their deathtouched darts).

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts

They probably skipped trim because it doesn't make sense. Capes are trimmed by doing something completely unrelated. You don't trim a cooking cape by cooking, you trim a cooking cape by getting 99 in some other skill. So a Trimmed Quest Cape would come from a Taskmaster Cape or something similar. So, they skipped trim, but the next cape up is Mastery, and with regular quest cape already at 41m, they figured Quest Mastery needed to be a lot higher.

Also, to be fair, a lot of proposals for trimmed quest cape previously included journals and/or all books. Its not like these reqs came out of nowhere. Once Manti made it clear that Miniquests,Quest, and Postquest stuff wouldn't be enough we had to figure out what stuff could be closely related.

Yes, but the Quest Cape has always been unique and didn't need to follow the same rules. It never has before.

Point is, it's not a quest cape anymore. So let's drop the name and concept and recognize it for what it is now, essentially a Lore Cape.

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts

Yes, but the Quest Cape has always been unique and didn't need to follow the same rules. It never has before.

Point is, it's not a quest cape anymore. So let's drop the name and concept and recognize it for what it is now, essentially a Lore Cape.

There are plenty of Post-Quest things on there that aren't related to Lore. I wouldn't mind a name change, but Lore Cape wouldn't fit because quite a few of the reqs are not lore.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
Quests = lore, though.

There is very little lore not released via quests.

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts
This took a hard left away from quests when they went for lore books. They've taken the level of the cape too high, had to add many tasks to justify it being that level, and are basically making a catch all lore cape. Now it has bossing, RNG and non quest activities. So either call it Comp-Lite or Master Lore Cape or whatever.

This is one of the problems with including community input: it gets over thought, over analyzed, over worked, over done until everyone is dissatisfied because it's not what they want and they think it should be because they had a hand in development.

I'm going with Master Adventurer Cape. Just a guess.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
Latest update:

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Chompies being removed... DISASTER AVERTED!

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts

This took a hard left away from quests when they went for lore books. They've taken the level of the cape too high, had to add many tasks to justify it being that level, and are basically making a catch all lore cape. Now it has bossing, RNG and non quest activities. So either call it Comp-Lite or Master Lore Cape or whatever.

This is one of the problems with including community input: it gets over thought, over analyzed, over worked, over done until everyone is dissatisfied because it's not what they want and they think it should be because they had a hand in development.

I'm going with Master Adventurer Cape. Just a guess.

To be fair, The Journals were all added because Manti decided they should be. The original Guidelines the community had only had journals that were post-quest content or were reqs for quests/miniquests/etc. Then Manti came in and said "I really think we should add the other 3 QBD Journals and some of the Dungeoneering Journals." I said there was really no way to justify only putting on those few journals but not all the others, so probably better to leave them all off, because the alternative was putting all the journals on the cape. Then the next revised Guidelines that Manti mention added "Story-Oriented Content" and added a crapload of lore stuff. Once that was on there, the community wanted to make sure that the reqs were complete. So, Manti made the Guideline that the community didn't have, and we just made sure that if the Guideline was staying then the reqs actually matched them.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
A master quest cape in concept is honestly a real nasty hairball. With so many quests under the quest cape itself you can't honestly expect the master quest cape to be a stones throw from the initial quest cape achievement. But then again it looks to potentially be the case where one party of the other is going to short change the requirements.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Vann
[ Display Name History ]

Vann

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • RSN:Vann
  • RSN '07:VannGeaux
  • Clan:Looking for a clan