17th August 2015 - Patch Week

Arceus

Patch Week | Solomon's Store – Character Showcase

This week's release is a quiet one, and we wanted to let you know why.

We'd originally planned to release the latest Grandmaster quest The Light Withinthis week – along with a massive expansion to the Ancient curses and spells that will open up whole new ways to play the high-level game.

Late last week, we made the decision to delay the quest's release by a week. Had we gone ahead as originally planned, it wouldn't have met the high standards necessary for such a complex, eagerly anticipated piece of content – particularly one with far-reaching effects on other areas of the high-level game.

Put simply, we'd rather take another week to give the content the polish and quality that you deserve, rather than put it out before it's ready.

We're working hard to bring The Light Within up to scratch. In the meantime, see the patch notes for details of today's fixes and tweaks, and read on for details of an epic addition to Solomon's Store and this week's live-streaming schedule.

Please accept our apologies for the delay, and any disappointment this may have caused. Next week's update's set to be a doozy, with The Light Within, multiple on-screen action bars and Ironman group bossing and completionist cape capability. We hope you'll agree it's worth the wait!

The RuneScape Team

Solomon's Store | Artist Showcase - Barbarian Outfit

Today, the first of three showcase pieces from our terrifyingly talented artists comes to Solomon's Store: the Barbarian Outfit.

Barbarian_Outfit.png

Character artist Mod Ante has been given the chance to cut loose and flex his creative muscles, coming up with designs that show off his vision and skill.

The theme for today's release was simply 'melee', and the Barbarian Outfit doesn't disappoint. Comprising a full cosmetic override outfit – with weapons – and an impressively beefy walk animation, it's a strong look for battle-born brawlers everywhere.

Pick up the Barbarian Outfit today, and keep an eye out for ranged and magic-themed offerings, coming soon.

Need RuneCoins? You can purchase them via the website, or click 'Earn' from within Solomon's Store.

Live Streams this Week

Each week we stream developer Q&As, in-game events and more. Watch our streams and find a full streaming schedule over on our Twitch channel.

Check our YouTube channel, too, for recap videos of streams you may have missed, including last week's Seren spells and prayers teaser!

This week, we have something a little new for you – read on to find out more.

Developer Q&A: Balthazar's Big Raffle | 16:00 UTC, Tuesday 18th August

Join the usual cast of JMods on the streaming sofas as they take your questions, and show you some of the things you can expect from the return of Balthazar's Big Raffle in September!

Ask your questions on the forums, on Reddit, or on Twitter using the hashtag#RSDevQA.

Community Stream: Loot from 1,000 Araxxor/Araxxi kills! | 20:00 UTC, Tuesday 18th August

It was Araxxor's 1-year birthday in July, and we thought we'd celebrate by killing him (and Araxxi) 1,000 times, for your viewing pleasure.

You'll see the all the loot – will Mod JD or Mod Jon get a coveted boss pet, or the parts to assemble noxious weaponry? Tune in from 20:00 game time and find out!

[spoiler=Patch Notes]General:

• The WWF Conservationist has been removed from Burthorpe. Thank you for your generous donations to WWF!
  • Players can no longer log in on the Pest Control boat on free worlds.
Ninja Fixes:
  • Hydrix jewellery will now degrade to a broken state rather than dust.
  • The money pouch has been added to the Grand Exchange interface.
  • Cavefish and Rocktail gloves now provide 150 extra XP per fish caught, up from 100 XP.
  • Various gauntlets are now dropped from additional NPCs:
    • Bronze - goblins
    • Iron - minotaurs
    • Steel - flesh crawlers
    • Black - black knights
    • Mithril - moss giants
    • Adamant - ankou
    • Rune - hellhound 

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

They're probably working from a template :P. Anyway props to them for adding gauntlets to the drop tables of some free-to-play monsters...making the leap of faith for the moment, anyway, that they drop on F2P as well.

• Like 2

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

As much as people are bummed out that the quest was pushed back, I'm actually happy they've taken the time to realise themselves that the content isn't up to the standard they want for the players.

Wonder if they'll put in all the puns that Mod Raven wanted to

• Like 1

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

They're probably working from a template :P. Anyway props to them for adding gauntlets to the drop tables of some free-to-play monsters...making the leap of faith for the moment, anyway, that they drop on F2P as well.

The whole reason they added them to f2p mob drop tables was because they made a mistake in adding the f2p gauntlets to p2p only monsters and got called out on it.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

At least they follow the usual procedure of ignoring it for 6 months, then fixing it when it's too late.

But they fixed it a week after it launched originally...

The gauntlets were FoG rewards and were obtainable in f2p.

Last week with the FoG update they moved them off FoG onto monster drops.

Mid-last week they mentioned in the stream they recongised they'd messed up by putting the f2p gauntlets on p2p only mobs and they'd put them on some f2p drop tables.

This week they are added to f2p drop tables.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The whole reason they added them to f2p mob drop tables was because they made a mistake in adding the f2p gauntlets to p2p only monsters and got called out on it.

I doubt it was a mistake though :P But it is nice they listen to all the complains anyway.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

At least they follow the usual procedure of ignoring it for 6 months, then fixing it when it's too late.

Mid-last week they mentioned in the stream they recongised they'd messed up by putting the f2p gauntlets on p2p only mobs and they'd put them on some f2p drop tables.

No stop it my rhetoric nooooo

The quest release batch must have had a LOT of other patch content that they could not release without pushing out the quest as well. This must've been all the stuff they could do on the fly.

Interesting how this has worked out.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

No stop it my rhetoric nooooo

The quest release batch must have had a LOT of other patch content that they could not release without pushing out the quest as well. This must've been all the stuff they could do on the fly.

Interesting how this has worked out.

On the RSOF mods were talking about 25 patch notes that could not make it in this update or something like that.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Hydrix fix is cool, but no one even the smallest bit responsible would have ever let their precious Souls get to that low of a charge anyway  ;)

Bittersweet that the quest is delayed; I, as much as anyone, want it to be of the highest quality, but I also resume classes next week. I'm sure that many others do too, although I'm sure that I personally will have time to at least do the quest.

Looking forward to seeing the Ranged and Magic-inspired SGS packs. Initially J had made it sound like walking animations would be sold separately, implying they'd release several at once like they did with wings, but this is an interesting twist.

You already know that I'll get the Magic-inspired one should it be Moonclan related (with an appropriate floating walking anim, of course :P ).

EDIT: Lol what is their idea of a bunch?

Solomon swaggers in, too, to introduce a bunch of new walk animations

2dgucz6.png

Hydrix fix would have come in handy a month ago when people were losing their rings of death due to a bug that took out up to 70% charge when you died.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.