24th August - The Light Within

Sylpheed

I really did like the quest. I'm a big fan of lore type quests rather than ones filled with huge, tough boss battles. Big thumbs up to Jagex from this Noob.

As far as collecting crystals for the new Attuned Crystal Armor; do you guys think it's worth killing the shapeshifters for it? Or just afking at the skilling spots even though you'd need x3 the shard pieces vs. full shards from killing? I've been afking for about 300 or so crystals worth of shards but I know it's going to take a long, long time to do it just that way and I've heard the shapeshifters are a pain to kill for long periods.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

That would appear to fall into the Christian method of "I can't refute your reason therefore God must be beyond reason." :P

"I hate your grammar, therefore your post is invalid."

oh, i'm sorry

"I hate your grammar; therefore, your post is invalid."

8f14270694.jpg

The preachy bit comes where your character finds the wedding ring (after slaughtering probably the whole Cywir clan), and when you turn it in to her, she lets slip that she used to be a boy. Rather than just go "oh that's nice" your character goes into "OMG YOU WERE A GUY?????" mode, to which she replies that not everyone is born into a body that they're comfortable with. Is our character seriously that retarded?

That is a really stupid thing for the player character to be surprised about, considering there is a quest that requires you to gender bend if you are male. Seriously, with the makeover mage being a thing changing race and gender in Gilenor is like putting on a new hat.

• Like 1

well, for humans

i mean it's not as if different species have the exact same physiology as every other race, that would be oversimplifying-

wait, hold on, i'm being told that they can have children with icyene and mahjarrat, so of course our characters would be super surprised about something like this

another fine creation from fridge logic creations

from the people who brought you

"okay, so, there's these weird blobby things that are called metroids that latch onto people's faces and suck them dry, and they're being controlled by a giant brain in a tank. but hold the phone samus is a WOMAN???!?!?!?!"

"i get that the crystal gems are all alien rock people from space, but there's no way anybody in an entire genderless species would ever be romantically attracted to another person of that species, because i don't think their nonexistent organs match, reproductively speaking"

"guthix brought humans here through a big glowy hole thing and gave them magic rocks. zaros is a magical fart cloud wearing a cloak that came into existence from the dreams of a giant, stillborn god. i get that. but angof was still totally a dude that had to change their body to become a woman."

8f14270694.jpg

You also might have to ask yourself how deep does the switch actually go. It is one thing to change bone structure and so forth, her being married means logically that genitalia was changed, but that isn't a sure thing. What about reproductive abilities? She never conceived and that is the one thing transgender people truly cannot do.

Or have we all way over analyzed a small little bit showing their tacit support of transgenders?

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

NYgseDW.png

Guthix spoke of the juxtaposition of opposites; his time would have been well spent to consider that of colors, too. :P

I sabotaged Zaros and saved Seren.

edg3eIJ.png

Perhaps I covet Seren due only to my intense loathing for her opposite, this being of darkness and control; this entity of the most consuming conceit and encompassing ego... And because of my reverence for Guthix, who loved her.

2dgucz6.png

wonder why they didn't stick to the model they had of her from FOTG

Zaros described it as his last memory of her at the time. So this would've been Second Age? That was before she had her lovely scarf though.

I also never really considered how... bulky Zaros looks when compared to his other half.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Since I have no idea how many of you lurk in the RSOF. This is the currently suggested passive effect for the Attuned Crystal Armor by Mod Raven (mash up of most ideas that the players presented).

This is my current proposal.

I quite liked the idea of doing a variety of smaller effects depending on how many pieces that you have equipped. So with that in mind and subject to balancing: the combat guys may veto this, how does this sound?

Resonant FrequencyThis effect is based on the number of pieces of crystal armour that you are wearing. Effects are cumulative.

(2) - Increases the damage dealt to crystal shapeshifters. Attuned set deals additional damage. Increases the proc chance of attuned crystal weapons by (amount to be balanced).

(3) - Chance to cause Tarddian Fury which deals a (to be balanced) amount of damage to opponents in combat with you, like the blood necklace.

(4) - Tarddian Furycan now break stuns and bleed effects, similar to how shapeshifters break these effects.

(5) - Chance to place harmonious resonance on the player. This reduces the cost of Seren spells and prayers. Attuned armour has a higher proc chance.

Each piece worn has a chance to increase the amount of crystal found on Tarddiad, meaning it's worth getting the unattuned set to get a bonus towards getting the attuned set.

This gives a nice range of uses for not wearing the full set, but means that someone really getting into using the Seren spells and prayers gets an additional nice edge.

It's not to late to go and post an idea if you have one, or to comment on the current suggestion.

> If you like the current iteration please go and comment about it (there are some people that for some reason dislike stuff like extra damage against a single specific monster).

> If you don't like it ... please go and comment about it ... We (the majority in "there") would be happy with anything as long as the armor gets some useful effect so we can use it for anything other than keepsake.

Crystal armor degrading rate and repair "costs":

I tested at Rorarii, having 10 of them hitting me at all times (I myself wasnt fighting them, so I wont have to re-engage when they respawn).

I have no idea if the rate is based on hits-taken or time in combat stance. Gonna check which one in 1v1 later on.

> IF hits-taken - it's like ... 400,000 hits

> IF time in combat stance - around 30 hours. This one makes more sense since the hybrid armor is something like 3 in 1. If a normal-style armor degrades for 10h, this one logically is - 10x3 ([bleep]ed up logic is still logic)

1 Tarddian crystal repairs:

> 2% of the body

> 3% of the legs

> 5% of the helm

> 50% of the gloves/boots

So you'll need 108 crystals to fully repair a set.

Do the new spells work while dual casting? For ruby aura in particular does it work on the caster as well or only players around. In the description it only says people near the the caster while the other auras mention the caster as well. I'm thinking a barrage as main hand and aura as off hand to get both effects.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

From what I understand, it's like ancient spells.

Effect works 100% on auto attacks, but 10% on abilities, or 20% with light form prayer.

No idea if ancients or serens work from the off hand, though

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Mmmm was very important to do away with that NSFW model in favour of this much much safer one.

I mean could you imagine if in using that old model in any content and how it would ruin everything!?!

That's why is still used in all the Memorium device memories, appears in the quest and features prominently in a few statues around prif - but don't worry cause that one model tucked a way in an area we rarely visit that one has been made less NSFW.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

What post-quest dialogue is there, besides with Seren herself?

You can speak to Lord Baxtorian and Azzanadra, I think Zaros as well?

Thats it :(

On a note of seren spells, prism of sancruary is pretty good for hard mode bandos :)

Some times I was able to kill him with him only doing one special attack

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum