Quick post here to draw some attention to a Runelabs suggestion I recently made.
Post as made on Runelabs:
Over the years, the game has evolved alot, to the point where it's sometimes refered to as 'dailyscape'.
In order to make it easier and less of a hassle to collect on all the daily goodies you've unlocked, I would like to suggest a 'warehouse' room in Player Owned Houses. This would allow (possibly unlocked though a similar system as Aquarium Perks), to have the free buckets of sand, pineapples, etc.. to be delivered to your POH.
Initially, it could only be set so that it can hold the 'freebies' you can get on a single day. Through unlocks (tasks, quests, ... ) the holding limit could be extended, so it can hold large supply stocks - in a similar manner as MTK does.
Possibly in a second stage (Quest reward), maybe the purchase of some daily buyables can be added in (yak hide, broad arrowheads, runes, ...)
If you'd be willing to support, here's where to do so:
(or if you are cautious about links, search the suggestions for 'warehouse', there's only two results).
In more detail this could involve items such as:
150 pure ess from wizard cromperty
84 buckets of sand from bert
120 flax from geoffrey
40 free pineapples from dell monti
Bag of lost items (from Desert Tasks)
20 noted potato cactus (from Desert Tasks)
8000 Tokkul (from Karamja tasks)
Planks (from Morytania tasks)
Collect items from any modified headdresses owned.
AT PURCHASE COST - BUT ONLY AFTER REQUIRED ACCESS UNLOCK
Battlestaves - from zaff, baby yaga and the prifddinas place
Broad arrowheads from slayer masters (after buying the ability to fletch them)
Yak-hide from Vanligga
Raw bird meat from Oog'log
Contents from the Culinaromancer's chest
AT PURCHASE COST FROM SHOPS
Runes from multiple magic stores
Pineapples and seaweed from Arhein
Feathers from fishing shops all over Gielenor
Details about how this could be implemented:
- Start of with a high lvl (80?) construction room, which allows to hold the free supplies for one day.
- Hire a staff member (similar to the butler) to keep track of your orders
- needs a daily visit, as it holds stock for 1 day.
Hard quest reward:
- For every construction level over 80, the warehouse can store one extra day of supplies.
Grandmaster Quest reward:
- Hire another staff member which can be trusted with your money - allow him to buy supplies on your behalf on a daily basis.
- GP limit on how much you can trust your employee with, could be based off QP, skill total, ...
As for how this will not ruin our beloved economy:
Most of the items aren't that big of an impact, as they are fairly low value.
To pick out some of the more significant ones:
- Potato cactus: As of today more a combat drop then genuinly farmed. Possibly to some extent picked up by bots.
Very usefull in skilling (herblore). If any impact to be expected, lantadyme might go up a bit, the few slayer tasks dropping cacti might be slightly less popular.
- Battle staves: The profit margin from G.E reselling is fairly low already, and bottomed out by alch value of staves. If anything, orbs may go up a bit in compensation, making the process a bit more worthwhile.
- Yak-hides: Key impact is no more silly overpaying on these whenever 2x XP kicks in. It does take away an easy, little-skills-required moneymaker. Even for lower lvl accounts, money seems easy enough to come by. Whatever profit may remain on these, will however be far easier to get.
- Broad arrowheads: Margin on these will definately decrease. Along with the suggested 'feathers', this would seamingly make fletching alot cheaper.
However: This may push up the profit from making headless arrows (one tedioius, low xp task), and the more commonly fletching is done with broad arrows, the bigger the moneysink it forms. (and yea - we can use those).