Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

9/16/15 - DarkScape

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
it's in its original location west of lumbridge, since the crater wasn't added to darkscape.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Gang Sabre
[ Display Name History ]

Gang Sabre

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 572 posts

I wonder when hiscores will be introduced?

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:helring

I think they were saying they didn't intend to add highscores, since they didn't want maxing out to be the main point of the game. 

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
  • RSN:Poptolev

So cute .. they actually think that the majority of DarkScapers are PvPers ...

I Teamed I
[ Display Name History ]

I Teamed I

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • RSN:I Teamed I

So cute .. they actually think that the majority of DarkScapers are PvPers ...

Well, the main purpose of DarkScape is PvP right..

The only limit is your own imagination.

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
  • RSN:Poptolev

Yeah having +50% exp for nonmembers (and +100% for members) and free membership, fresh economy and whatnot totally doesn't bring another type of players.

I see only the occasional 1-item retard (some idiot forgot to activate protect item yesterday, got myself obby maul) the rest of the "PvP"ers are just grinding at Seers (thank God)

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

Well, it's more that they're providing a pool of victims. Like every other PvP update.

However, the key difference is that it's established that the entire game is PvP from the start, and that everybody's scrambling out from roughly the same circumstances, which means that even with different goals, all players understand what they're getting into.

8f14270694.jpg

Makoto_the_Phoenix
[ Display Name History ]

Makoto_the_Phoenix

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,997 posts
  • RSN:Makoto D
  • RSN2:X Makoto X

So, I had intended to give this a try this Thursday, since I have some down time before heading out to Boston, but I've discovered that you absolutely require the RS client to play it.  I don't see a way around this.

This wouldn't be that big of a deal, and considering I've been on Linux full-time for the last eight years, I'm accustomed to not getting much of anything for games.  But...I've at least been capable of playing RuneScape in that period of time.  Wonder what changed.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
They dropped browser support on FF and Chrome a while back, I think. You have to get the client to play, there should be a Linux version out there somewhere!

6Ij0n.jpg

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Dragon Slayer

• Administrators
  • 7,060 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Hmm...I don't suppose any of this might help?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Sobend
[ Display Name History ]

Sobend

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Sobend
  • Clan:Clan... Oh hello!

So, I had intended to give this a try this Thursday, since I have some down time before heading out to Boston, but I've discovered that you absolutely require the RS client to play it.  I don't see a way around this.

This wouldn't be that big of a deal, and considering I've been on Linux full-time for the last eight years, I'm accustomed to not getting much of anything for games.  But...I've at least been capable of playing RuneScape in that period of time.  Wonder what changed.

You can play in browser using this link: http://world202.runescape.com/

-Sobend

Proud to be free from the tyranny of pants. Hurrah!

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Dragon Slayer

• Administrators
  • 7,060 posts

It may be just me, but I get a 404 on that link on both Chrome and FF?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,490 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

Not you, I also get that.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
world202 was normally for beta worlds no?

Fun fact though, for the DarkScape client, it uses jav_config_beta.ws

Speaking of it, what happened to beta client? I thought they'd be keeping them up indefinitely to keep testing new features every time.

Makoto_the_Phoenix
[ Display Name History ]

Makoto_the_Phoenix

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,997 posts

They dropped browser support on FF and Chrome a while back, I think. You have to get the client to play, there should be a Linux version out there somewhere!

From what I recall, Chrome removed NPAPI support (which removed the Java plugin), and Firefox hasn't done so yet.  I'm still able to play through Firefox, but if that's not supported...that's not a good thing.

Hmm...I don't suppose any of this might help?

There's some bitter irony to that.  I used to maintain that Linux help thread (in general), and I intentionally never wanted to make a client since, at the time, there were still a lot of players and there was still a lot of concern around third party clients and their use.   The convention has been, of late, to recommend the use of the clients, which is something I'm opposed to.  If that's the only option, though...I guess I ain't playing DarkScape. :(

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
So you're going to be disappointed at not being able to play DarkScape because you chose not to install RSU client.

Sobend
[ Display Name History ]

Sobend

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Sobend
  • Clan:Clan... Oh hello!

It appears they recently changed fixed that link.

There goes my way of playing.

-Sobend

Proud to be free from the tyranny of pants. Hurrah!

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
I think it's because they took world 202 offline, 200 is still up afaik.

6Ij0n.jpg

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Dragon Slayer

• Administrators
  • 7,060 posts

I think it's because they took world 202 offline, 200 is still up afaik.

You're right, that one works! :thumbsup:

---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

Makoto_the_Phoenix
[ Display Name History ]

Makoto_the_Phoenix

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,997 posts

World 200 worked out for me in-browser.  Thanks for that!  I was worried there.

So you're going to be disappointed at not being able to play DarkScape because you chose not to install RSU client.

Well, I shouldn't have to.  It's still Java in a browser, and Firefox still supports it on Linux.  Why should I use an unofficial method if a more official method exists?

s1L0U.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users