9/16/15 - DarkScape

Omali

How is this game mode?

I haven't played in quite a few years now, the only content I enjoyed were Dungeoneering and PvM are both dead? 200m grinds don't appeal to me whatsoever.

Surprised if anyone remembers me here :)

Hi, I remember you!

Regarding RS3, PvM isn't dead. Team PvM is actually pretty intense with elite Rise of the Six and Vorago (even if they aren't great moneymakers anymore, there's heavy competition for efficiency/speed kills), and then there's Raids. Yet still, there's some great single player PvM to be had. Araxxor and Tormented Demons are the most complex (either mechanically or strategically) for solo players, and they happen to be the best and second best solo PvM income. Araxxor duo is supposedly incredibly good money, roasting just about any other source (take current Araxxor average kill times [7 minutes] and reduce them to 66% [4.5 minutes]), but it requires both players to be essentially perfect.

Dungeoneering is dead, though. No doubt about it.

ozXHe7P.png

Yeah Veiva I tried to get Toad back but when I told him that top-end Araxxor gear cost over 200M he decided against it lol

Toad: So what do i need to make 100 million GP

SM: 200 million GP

Toad: ...

Something like that? :p

• Like 1

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Yeah Veiva I tried to get Toad back but when I told him that top-end Araxxor gear cost over 200M he decided against it lol

That's like 25 hours at Tormented Demons...

8M/hr at TDS with say GWD armor and a limited familiarity with EoC?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

You use void at Tormented Demons (free). I'm sure Toad has overloads and access to Soul Split and the Turmoil clones. Upwards of 140 KPH is easily attainable with Virtus wand + book and an equivalent tier 80 range weapon; this equates to about 7.7m gp/hr gross considering current prices. The brunt of efficient TD killing requires minimal knowledge of EoC (well, if you don't plan on looking for efficient rotations yourself).

It's actually excruciatingly easy to remember the rotations. For dual wield range, it's simply Needle Strike and then one of Shadow Tendrils / Snap Shot / Bombardment (in that order of priority; whichever better one is off cool down, use it). If you use two-handed range, simply replace Needle Strike with Dazing Shot. For dual wield magic, it's slightly more complex: prioritize Concentrated Blast and Wild Magic over Asphyxiate and Wrack. In either case, you wait for the first hit to land (Concentrated Blast or Asphyxiate) and then use the second ability noted. Two-hand magic is worthless because of some bizarre delay with Wild Magic; don't use it.

After each rotation, switch ability bars, change prayers, and equip your new weapon(s) and helm. You shouldn't wait to even see if you actually dealt enough damage; maybe twice an hour you'll have so switch back, so it's a case of wasting ~10 seconds an hour or ~3 seconds every switch. That's it. The majority of it simply takes training your muscle memory, not caring so much about mechanics.

In honesty, people who are slow/inefficient at killing Tormented Demons and complain about gear switching are simply lazy. You just need to train your muscle memory; after that, while still not AFKable, you don't really concentrate that hard.

ozXHe7P.png

Void not really free given the time investment required to get full sets, if you didn't have it already. You might be better off just buying other gear and getting started right away, unless you'd be doing TDs for long enough that the time spent getting Void would be beneficial. But if all you wanted was to gather up enough gold to get gear for Araxxor, I doubt the time saved killing TDs faster would make up for the time spent getting the set.

If you already had it prior to deciding you'd start doing TDs, then yeah, could probably be considered free for all intent and purposes since it was already there.

Also GWD armor prices are low enough that it can be sold back at minimal loss afterwards if you don't need it anymore. But you might want to keep it anyway since it's really useful everywhere else. :P

Then again, correct me if I'm grossly overestimating the amount of time required to get void :P

Void not really free given the time investment required to get full sets, if you didn't have it already. You might be better off just buying other gear and getting started right away, unless you'd be doing TDs for long enough that the time spent getting Void would be beneficial. But if all you wanted was to gather up enough gold to get gear for Araxxor, I doubt the time saved killing TDs faster would make up for the time spent getting the set.

If you already had it prior to deciding you'd start doing TDs, then yeah, could probably be considered free for all intent and purposes since it was already there.

Also GWD armor prices are low enough that it can be sold back at minimal loss afterwards if you don't need it anymore. But you might want to keep it anyway since it's really useful everywhere else. :P

Then again, correct me if I'm grossly overestimating the amount of time required to get void :P

Other gear is substantially inferior to Void at Tormented Demons. Void is also pretty much the best gear at DPS positions at the top bosses. Therefore, even considering the time investment getting Void and making money at Tormented Demons as a intermediate step towards end-game PvM, it's the wisest route.

It would take no more than 25 hours to get Superior elite void (assuming starting from scratch; if you have Elite void, which a returning PvMer would very likely have, it would take no more than 12 hours) with all three helmets.

GWD armor is useless at Tormented Demons, considering you must use at least two combat styles. The only "viable" alternative for a returning player using Tormented Demons as a stepping stone is Dragon rider, and that's only useful if you don't have a Demon horn necklace and attuned ectoplasmator (and don't feel like bringing a Yak with some prayer potions).

ozXHe7P.png

shame, if something like this had been released 2 years ago it might have kept me around as it was sort of the type of open world pvp I was dreaming of.

Too long gone to care now 

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

shame, if something like this had been released 2 years ago it might have kept me around as it was sort of the type of open world pvp I was dreaming of.

Too long gone to care now 

Yes it's the same for me generally, too far gone to care about the game.

Other gear is substantially inferior to Void at Tormented Demons. Void is also pretty much the best gear at DPS positions at the top bosses. Therefore, even considering the time investment getting Void and making money at Tormented Demons as a intermediate step towards end-game PvM, it's the wisest route.

It would take no more than 25 hours to get Superior elite void (assuming starting from scratch; if you have Elite void, which a returning PvMer would very likely have, it would take no more than 12 hours) with all three helmets.

GWD armor is useless at Tormented Demons, considering you must use at least two combat styles. The only "viable" alternative for a returning player using Tormented Demons as a stepping stone is Dragon rider, and that's only useful if you don't have a Demon horn necklace and attuned ectoplasmator (and don't feel like bringing a Yak with some prayer potions).

I TD'ed in 2007 when it was released, I  got claws on release but my friend had coinshare on and I think the split was about 20k each.

You use void at Tormented Demons (free). I'm sure Toad has overloads and access to Soul Split and the Turmoil clones. Upwards of 140 KPH is easily attainable with Virtus wand + book and an equivalent tier 80 range weapon; this equates to about 7.7m gp/hr gross considering current prices. The brunt of efficient TD killing requires minimal knowledge of EoC (well, if you don't plan on looking for efficient rotations yourself).

It's actually excruciatingly easy to remember the rotations. For dual wield range, it's simply Needle Strike and then one of Shadow Tendrils / Snap Shot / Bombardment (in that order of priority; whichever better one is off cool down, use it). If you use two-handed range, simply replace Needle Strike with Dazing Shot. For dual wield magic, it's slightly more complex: prioritize Concentrated Blast and Wild Magic over Asphyxiate and Wrack. In either case, you wait for the first hit to land (Concentrated Blast or Asphyxiate) and then use the second ability noted. Two-hand magic is worthless because of some bizarre delay with Wild Magic; don't use it.

After each rotation, switch ability bars, change prayers, and equip your new weapon(s) and helm. You shouldn't wait to even see if you actually dealt enough damage; maybe twice an hour you'll have so switch back, so it's a case of wasting ~10 seconds an hour or ~3 seconds every switch. That's it. The majority of it simply takes training your muscle memory, not caring so much about mechanics.

In honesty, people who are slow/inefficient at killing Tormented Demons and complain about gear switching are simply lazy. You just need to train your muscle memory; after that, while still not AFKable, you don't really concentrate that hard.

I don't know about the prayers since I haven't bothered to keep up with the game, Virtus wand and book nope, overloads yes I maxed in mid 2009.

The issue isn't because "I don't know how", because the RS combat system is just a copy paste job from pretty much 95% of any other MMO out there, and with RS the gear system is not diverse like many other MMOs but the main fact I have is that I don't see any content in RS that makes me want to play.

If I look at old screenshots, I miss the idea of playing, I miss the game as it was in 2001-2011, I miss some of the people but the game isn't the same anymore, it's very fragmented, the game is just too AFK in places.

Towards the end I played simply becase I had invested too much time in the game, it was a chore, I didn't need gratification from a game, but I stayed for my friends mainly, I had closure from helping some friends out before I quit though.

The large issue for me, although I think I was well respected amongst the HLF, Tip.it and my friends over a decade or so, was simply because I think the game stagnated and after Andrew sold the company I didn't like the way the game was heading, I saw Chris L left too who I think was arguably the best mod, and they killed half of the content I loved.

Dungeoneering for instance, was well balanced (I know Chris L developed that with Tricks I believe), the XP was fine, the collaberation was wonderful, to use your judgment so many mechanics came into play and it was a very sociable experience, then later (not the original dev) comes along and adds things like daily challenges, sink holes. Even worse than that, more gates, all that DG every needed was an extra bind, maybe another ammo bind, nothing more. I think Jagex "add too much" to some content killing it off when it should be down to the original devs to tweak the content.

I still pop in to the occasional RS stream, but I have no ambitions to play. I have a hundred things I want to do in real life without RS consuming my free time, I can use that time to learn a new language or further myself in my career, I think the baton is passed to the next generation of players and some of the ones that played in the days of greater demons being the strongest monster or bluerose having a monopoly of the market is dead (even before that).

I don't think EoC is hard to grasp, I toyed with the idea to come back I think, but I spoke to probably 30 people about playing.

One was top 10 says no, one I think top 50 says the game is pay to win basically and those with money get where they want faster, others just say it's not the same game so don't bother, I think actually out of the 30 I asked, one said it's ok in moderation, and the people I actually keep in touch with that played the game all have lost interest apart from about 2.

I know a few that play old school though, but that doesn't interest me as I don't understand how they can make a 2007 RuneScape then add content that never existed in 2007, or 2015, it's bizarre. It's like going to the dark ages and taking planes and smartphones.

Maybe in 2020 or so there'll be something that makes the game look like worth playing, I agree some of the quests look ok in RuneScape though.

• Like 1
smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• 2 months later...

Darkscape is hardcoded to give 1.3x xp for F2P - so actually, you are getting the XP that's intended. If you want to petition them to change it to a flat 1x for F2P though, by all means don't let me stop you! :P

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I know right, it's almost DISGUSTING HOW THEY DO THIS.

If you don't like the bonus xp, you could ALWAYS GO PLAY OLD SCHOOL RUNESCAPE.

That doesn't have BONUS XP LIKE DARKSCAPE OR RS3.

Plus there are no Silverhawk BOOTS.

:shades:

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

Someone go tell those fools at Jagex that Gnome Adv Course is messed up in Darkscape. I'm f2p and I'm not supposed to be getting any bxp & I don't want any bxp.

Who's the fool?

Has DarkScape been steady or is it dying out?

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

We've come to the point that people complain about BONUS exp on a MODE of the game.

The whole point of DS is to grind LESS. Heck the bonus should be even bigger.

Someone go tell those fools at Jagex that Gnome Adv Course is messed up in Darkscape. I'm f2p and I'm not supposed to be getting any bxp & I don't want any bxp.

Who's the fool?

Has DarkScape been steady or is it dying out?

It does seem to be sitting at a stable 800-1000 people