21st September 2015 - Prifddinas Waterfall Fishing

Arceus

Prifddinas Waterfall Fishing

Following last week's double helping of blood and mayhem, it's high time to kick back and relax.

Waterfall Fishing is here – inspired by RuneLabs contributor Ferenc2017 - and it's the ideal high-level, low-intensity Fishing training method after a busy day's slaying, PKing or real-lifing. It'll be a top choice for Double XP Weekend, too – starting 25th September at 12:00 UTC (game time).

Play now, or read on to find out more.

How to Start

The waterfall is in the north-east of Prifddinas, between the outer reaches of the Meilyr and Crwys Districts.

Requirements

You must be a RuneScape member
93 Fishing
90 Agility
90 Ranged
90 Strength
95 and 97 Fishing required for mid and high-level spots.
Mithril grapple

This content is entirely available to Ironman players.

Grapple your way to the top of the waterfall to access this angler's paradise. Once you're there, fish to your heart's content, chatting with your friends and enjoying the best Fishing XP rates in the game.

The waterfall's swarming with urchins, the biggest ones found at the higher-level fishing spots. As well as granting Fishing XP when caught, they can be ground down into harmony dust. This – in turn – can be used to upgrade fishing juju potions to a 'perfect' variety that gives +5% fishing success for an hour, plus the juju fishing potion's benefits.

Note that the perfect juju fishing potion's effect is now also granted by the perfect plus potion.

Watch out for fun random events such as geysers and big fish, and some unique, rare catches – such as the customisable hermit crab pet.

Urchins can also be redeemed for urchin points at the waterfall's shop, which can be spent on rewards such as Fishing lamps, the crystal rod – a charge-based angling implement that grants you an additional +5% success chance – andcustomisations for your hermit crab:

waterfall_hermit_crab_boot.jpg

Take in a little tranquility and chalk up some Fishing levels while you're at it. WhenDouble XP Weekend starts at 12:00 game time on Friday 25th, there'll be few better places to hit that 99.

Enjoy, and give us your feedback over on the forums.

The RuneScape Team

Live Streams this Week

Each week we stream developer Q&As, in-game events and more. Watch our streams and find a full streaming schedule over on our Twitch channel.

Check our YouTube channel, too, for recap videos of streams you may have missed, including last week's Q&A, which featured the upcoming Goebie quest!

This week sees us celebrate Prifddinas's first birthday, and offers a peek at some never-before-seen RuneScape stats!

Developer Q&A: Analytics special | 16:00 UTC, Tuesday 22nd September

Join the usual cast of JMods on the streaming sofas as they take your questions - this week, we'll be showing you some of the amazing stats we've stored up over nearly 15 years as a game. Expect the unexpected!

Ask your questions on the forums, on Reddit, or on Twitter using the hashtag#RSDevQA.

Elf City first birthday party! | 20:00 UTC, Tuesday 22nd September

In this week's Community Stream, we'll be hosting a party in Prifddinas to celebrate its first birthday! Join Mod Lee for celebrations, jubilations, and a hell of a lot of fun. Expect a look at the new Prifddinas Waterfall Fishing too!

[spoiler=Patch Notes]Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:

• After completing their weekly battle against Agoroth, free players will now be clearly informed that they cannot claim black pearl Bonus XP.
  • Agoroth's entry on the Minigames tab now mentions the Bonus XP and coin rewards.
  • The coin reward for defeating Agoroth each week has been doubled.
  • Swapping to a free-to-play world with Wilderness Warbands supplies will now remove the items from the player.
  • Nomad's mirror images now match his current life points in the Dominion Tower rematch.

Quests, Challenges and Achievements:

• A message has been added after defeating Agoroth, prompting you to claim your reward from the dead man's chest.
  • If you didn't loot the treasure chests during the A Shadow Over Ashdale quest, you can now claim these rewards from Gudrik in Taverley after the quest.
  • 'Access to a new Ashdale combat area' has been added to the A Shadow over Ashdale quest complete screen.
  • An issue with NPCs in Branches of Darkmeyer and In Aid of the Myreque has been fixed.
  • King Roald's chat after The Lord of Vampyrium has been tweaked.

Other:

• The new blisterwood weapons now show how many vyres you have killed.
  • VO has been removed from a couple of talking citizens south-west of Lumbridge lodestone.
  • Menus in the Crassian Caves have been updated.
  • Players will no longer see Safalaan performing animations for other players at the graveyard.
  • Players can no longer break the boss fight with Drakan by poisoning him.
  • Free players can now correctly claim tier 40 starfury armour.
  • Fade-out has been added to the Tarddiad combat music.
  • Opponent's prayer drain rate when fighting someone in PvP using smite or soulsplit has been adjusted slightly.
  • Certain items in outside rooms in player-owned houses can be removed properly again.
  • A rare case in which the player could reach the mainland on Tutorial Mode has been fixed. Speaking to Gudrik again should fix this issue if you become stuck.
  • Potion timers will now attempt to maintain accurate values at all times.
  • Corruption Blast and Shot can no longer be used in free-to-play.

Ninja Fixes:

• Superheat Body messages will now only display if chat messages are not filtered.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Wren't they planning on releasing a bunch of player-made cosmetics over last month and this month also? I remember them saying one for each combat triangle (corner) and we got melee last month. Have they ditched this at all?

Also woo, double xp.

Popoto.~<3

So basically people drunk a Poison Potion before the fight, banked it and then went into the fight? Smart use of mechanics o.O

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Note: you will need a rune crossbow, 4 mahogany planks, a mithril grapple, and a hammer n saw to construct the hidey hole for the waterfall. Also presumably some ridiculously high level of construction.

(people were also using overloads before the drakan fight, cough)

as for the cosmetics, i heard they were having some issues with them, probably the walk animations

8f14270694.jpg

Someday they'll actually do a tidy fix for that old hunger system instead of the hack of hunger happens but the pet will never run off.

Also I'm so glad they fully took fishing overrides into consideration so i can conjure fish from mid-air in a way that doesn't look at all derpy.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So basically people drunk a Poison Potion before the fight, banked it and then went into the fight? Smart use of mechanics o.O

Except the poison effect would keep going after he was defeated for a round, so it would keep interrupting the small cutscenes. So, it actually needed a fix.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Except the poison effect would keep going after he was defeated for a round, so it would keep interrupting the small cutscenes. So, it actually needed a fix.

I broke my boss fight with him with Corruption Blast... The bleed killed him and he disappeared completely. I had to leave and restart at that 'checkpoint'. :|

2dgucz6.png

The fishing isn't bad, but i think the platforms need to be lowered because those animations from fishing look ridiculous.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

At least, it was smart thinking that could still work for overloads and stuff.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

• 2 weeks later...

ok what.

hunger percentage

hunger warning in chatbox

why.

kjg7Q.png

Lolled at that joke. Good luck with the other pets!

hokuspokus.png

Do not lose heart, fight for even the smallest hope. Do not give quarter to the forces of evil. Pursuit kindness and embrace love.