[DarkScape] 200M in all skills

Arceus

It has been accomplished on RuneScape 3 enough times to fill out the whole front page, and players are well on their way to it in Old School. But can it be done on DarkScape?

Since DarkScape has no official hiscores, feel free to post, follow, and discuss the progress of top players here. Remember, you can examine players to find their stats, assuming they do not have privacy settings enabled.

I'm also pleased to offer anyone up for it a challenge...if you can design an EHP calculator for DarkScape, @Stev will write you a check...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

First 99s:

Cooking - Skill Light

Divination - Ninjastrike6 *

Fletching - Oak or Dice

Magic - RS Jesus

Runecrafting - haga kure

Woodcutting - o EiDoS o (Das me!)

Strength - IceJJFish

Thieving - JackLuminous

* - Bug abused/reverted.

09144a99bb.png

Inb4 200M thread for all RS... 3, OSRS, DS, FunOrb.

:)

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Wonder if anyone will actually admit to racing for 200m. Bounty hunting skill! People racing for high scores can hire people to kill competitors. They should have made a high score for darkscape lol, encourage pvp more.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Wonder if anyone will actually admit to racing for 200m. Bounty hunting skill! People racing for high scores can hire people to kill competitors. They should have made a high score for darkscape lol, encourage pvp more.

Actually, I'd imagine that anyone admitting to any sort of power levelling has just put a giant target on their backs...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Actually, I'd imagine that anyone admitting to any sort of power levelling has just put a giant target on their backs...

Can confirm this is true. When I told someone I was racing to be the first 99 in the same skill as he, I got camped for hooouuurs.

09144a99bb.png

Can confirm this is true. When I told someone I was racing to be the first 99 in the same skill as he, I got camped for hooouuurs.

That is just sad :| Though now I kind of understand why jagex didn't put up highscores...

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

That is just sad :| Though now I kind of understand why jagex didn't put up highscores...

What's sad about it?  You don't get players sitting on their laurels anymore, thinking that a 99 is just a matter of time.  This adds some more excitement and a bit more danger to skilling, so I'm all on board with it.

If Jagex did add high scores it'd cause more problems than anything else.  Hopefully this keeps 200M in all skills very difficult to attain for a very, very long time.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg

This adds some more excitement and a bit more danger to skilling, so I'm all on board with it.

See, that's what I have a problem with. It doesn't add danger by any means. It adds inconvenience.

Say I'm skilling - mining to be more exact. Someone who I'm competing with decides to kill me for hours straight (as has happened). There's no danger, just wasted time. I'm not losing anything when I die. If I'm banking the ore, no one cares that I've lost a whopping 10 ore before he's killed me again. I'm losing the few seconds/minutes spent travelling back, which is often a single click.

I know DarkScape give the impression, "You could be attacked and killed at any time by anyone! The risks are high! Etc etc etc..." However, in reality, it's, "You're most likely only risking 500gp in resources you've managed to gather before a 1 itemer comes to PK you for no personal gain of their own apart from the satisfaction being a prick and wasting someone's time!"

• Like 2

09144a99bb.png

What's sad about it?  You don't get players sitting on their laurels anymore, thinking that a 99 is just a matter of time.  This adds some more excitement and a bit more danger to skilling, so I'm all on board with it.

If Jagex did add high scores it'd cause more problems than anything else.  Hopefully this keeps 200M in all skills very difficult to attain for a very, very long time.

What is sad about it is that you rather keep your goals a secret to avoid being killed by some other guys "friends" when you are racing for a set goal. It makes me think of situations where one player wants to get 99 in a skill, hires in all kinds of people to camp with him/her so that they will kill everyone who comes at the same spot. Basically you would get the opposite of what you just said, you would have to be in a large clan to be able to skill fast and it would be no fun anymore for solo-players. I am not saying that it will turn out in this, but it might.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

This adds some more excitement and a bit more danger to skilling, so I'm all on board with it.

See, that's what I have a problem with. It doesn't add danger by any means. It adds inconvenience.

Say I'm skilling - mining to be more exact. Someone who I'm competing with decides to kill me for hours straight (as has happened). There's no danger, just wasted time. I'm not losing anything when I die. If I'm banking the ore, no one cares that I've lost a whopping 10 ore before he's killed me again. I'm losing the few seconds/minutes spent travelling back, which is often a single click.

I know DarkScape give the impression, "You could be attacked and killed at any time by anyone! The risks are high! Etc etc etc..." However, in reality, it's, "You're most likely only risking 500gp in resources you've managed to gather before a 1 itemer comes to PK you for no personal gain of their own apart from the satisfaction being a prick and wasting someone's time!"

This is what keeps me from bothering to give Darkscape a serious go. I wouldn't be able to stand that crap. Being pk'd at runespan all the time? Ugh.

• Like 1

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

They need an animation of you kicking your defeated opponent off the Runespan islands...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

This is what keeps me from bothering to give Darkscape a serious go. I wouldn't be able to stand that crap. Being pk'd at runespan all the time? Ugh.

How did this differ from the original premise of the Wilderness?  How did this differ from the first few weeks of players using the Abyss to craft nature runes?  How does this differ from the standing recommendation that Lava Strykewyrms be placed on one's ignored task list?

There is always some prick out there willing to mess with you just for their sick, twisted satisfaction.  Even if you're minding your own business.  At least with DarkScape, you're going into it eyes open, and you realize that it's a threat.  The difference here is that you can at least do something about it; fight back.

Yes, this means that the road to maxing out all skills in DarkScape is going to be long, hard and arduous, if nothing else, but for the sake of some jerk wanting to slow you down.  But, at least you know about it.  And, by the time you elect to go for 200M in all skills, one would hope that you would have enough equipment to fend off a pesky one-itemer or two.

What is sad about it is that you rather keep your goals a secret to avoid being killed by some other guys "friends" when you are racing for a set goal. It makes me think of situations where one player wants to get 99 in a skill, hires in all kinds of people to camp with him/her so that they will kill everyone who comes at the same spot. Basically you would get the opposite of what you just said, you would have to be in a large clan to be able to skill fast and it would be no fun anymore for solo-players. I am not saying that it will turn out in this, but it might.

You're absolutely right.  This sort of serial escalation wouldn't be very fun, but the only way to solve it is with more serial escalation, or with self defense.  A single player probably can't take on three or four trying to strongarm them out of an area, but if only one guy were there?  Why not stand your ground?

• Like 1

s1L0U.jpg

But isn't every form of "danger" simply some form of inconvenience? Danger in real life implies potential permanent negative consequences (such as death). But AFAIK such a thing doesn't really exist in RS; the only thing you're ever risking is your free time.
  • Like 2

77yLQy8.png

But isn't every form of "danger" simply some form of inconvenience? Danger in real life implies potential permanent negative consequences (such as death). But AFAIK such a thing doesn't really exist in RS; the only thing you're ever risking is your free time.

There is if you go Hardcore Ironman, but lol HCIM.

• 2 weeks later...

Massive sweep of bots today/over the coming days on darkscape, quite a few 99 fishing/WC players will have been wiped. Some of the bot names were stupidly obvious though, obviously I won't name them (:<

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Because the player base, as with pretty much any game, has a group of basement dwellers who would dedicate their time to harassing those players whenever they log in.

Massive sweep of bots today/over the coming days on darkscape, quite a few 99 fishing/WC players will have been wiped. Some of the bot names were stupidly obvious though, obviously I won't name them (:<

If I were Jagex I'd have written a script to pick up on accounts being created with assembly line names (751John51, 523Mary45, etc) and flag them as bots for review.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Massive sweep of bots today/over the coming days on darkscape, quite a few 99 fishing/WC players will have been wiped. Some of the bot names were stupidly obvious though, obviously I won't name them (:

If I were Jagex I'd have written a script to pick up on accounts being created with assembly line names (751John51, 523Mary45, etc) and flag them as bots for review.

That would be ironic, and in fact, it would be even easier. Jagex supplies a choice of a suggested random names of exactly that form upon account creation, so they could just monitor those if that's what you're suggesting. And believe it or not, there are some legitimate players that take those names (and usually quit soon thereafter).

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png