12th October 2015 - Call of the Ancestors | Novice Quest

Arceus

Call of the Ancestors | Novice Quest

RS-2015_News-Main_Goebie.jpg

Join three young goebies on the adventure of a lifetime on the strange new world of Mazcab. Play Call of the Ancestors – our first bottle quest.

Read on to find out more!

How to Start Call of the Ancestors

Speak to Tunks on Tuska's back.

Get there by speaking to the Astromancer near Lumbridge docks.

Requirements

You must be a RuneScape member

Once the quest starts, you'll head through the portal with the young goebie Tunks and meet Acca Kanatah, who's determined to dig his heels in against the airut's onslaught.

You'll accompany Tunks and his two friends – Peck and Lunch – as they embark on a journey of discovery: uncovering the lost history of their people, and harnessing powers the young goebies never knew they had.

Rewards include tickets to reroll your raid boss loot, a Magic XP lamp, and a goebie warpaint outfit. There's also post-quest content to discover – be sure to seek out Tunks when you're done!

Enjoy!

This is the first bottle quest – a self-contained, character-led tale that we hope will be a welcome break from the epic Sixth Age storylines. It's light-hearted, fun, and accessible to all members – no other requirements. Let us know what you think!

The RuneScape Team

Live Streams this Week

Each week we stream developer Q&As, in-game events and more. Watch our streams and find a full streaming schedule over on our Twitch channel.

Check our YouTube channel, too, for recap videos of streams you may have missed, including our RuneFest videos!

This week sees a special quests Q&A, and a return to one of the greatest rivalries Gielinor has ever seen: Zamorak vs Saradomin!

Developer Q&A: Quests Q&A | 16:00 UTC, 13th October

Join a special cast of lore-loving JMods on the sofa this week, as we discuss all-things questing – past, present and future. This is essential viewing for all you lore hounds. Don't miss it!

Watch this video from RuneFest as a taster.

Ask your questions on the forums, on Reddit, or on Twitter using the hashtag #RSDevQA.

1,000 K'ril & 1,000 Zilyana kills | October 13th, 20:00 UTC

It's the classic grudge match: Saradomin vs. Zamorak! We'll kill 1,000 K'rils and Zilyanas and see once and for all who is better - or who has more valuable loot.

Representing Zammy: Mod JD, and representing Sara: Mod Jon. Don't miss it!

In Other News
  • Balthazar has started packing up the RuneScape raffle. You only have a couple of weeks to collect any unclaimed prizes, spend your Rummage tickets and use up any deathtouched darts before it's all gone for another year.

[spoiler=Patch Notes]Graphical:

• The replica dragonfire shield no longer floats off of the players back while out of combat.
  • Ancient stoles no longer clip through leg gear on female characters.
  • The colossus and behemoth armour capes no longer clip with feet while running.
  • Gadderanks now holds his weapon correctly.
  • The overhead combat bar now displays debuff icons correctly when undocked.
  • Several clan interfaces have been altered to ensure that the clan visitor count is not obscured.

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:

• The blacksmith's skill outfit top now has a chance to speed up smithing of protean bars.
  • Familiars' life points are restored from an obelisk when the player already has maximum summoning points.

Quests, Challenges and Achievements:

• Players will now be told they can start The Lord of Vampyrium when achieving the final required skill level for the quest.
  • Players who have lost their memoriam crystals by dying in an unsafe area can now reset them to their original location by speaking to Arianwyn.

Other:

• Skill level tooltip size - when shown with virtual levelling active and the skill either boosted or drained - has been altered.
  • The Cloak of Seasons and individual season cloaks will no longer show on a cape rack if the player does not own them.
  • A spelling error shown when casting Crystallise has been fixed.
  • Walk animation overrides no longer apply with the Silverhawk (pet) equipped.
  • Abyssal leeches and guardians now have a maximum hit greater than 1 and have a reduced attack range.
  • Familiar timers will no longer pause when hidden inside the Grand Exchange to prevent the use of permanent beasts of burden.
  • The Penance aura will now consistently give prayer points when hit by any type of damage.
  • Juju and perfect juju potion mining effects will no longer give a 10% XP boost to any skill.
  • Blocking in the Chaos Tunnels behind a certain portal has been fixed.
  • A typo shown while using the Rune Goldberg machine has been fixed.
  • A force-walk tile near the gnomeball field has been fixed.
  • The statue bag can no longer be alchemised.
  • The Skill Guide entry for chaotic crossbows has been updated to list bolts up to royal.
  • Raids armours now appear in the Skill Guide.
  • Beastmaster Durzag and Yakamaru will now correctly drop achto legs before achto chestpieces.
  • Cormes will no longer attack players who are not inside the Pit of Trials.
  • Players with maximum reputation with the goebies can now exchange their burial charms for teci by speaking to Fetcher.
  • Yakamaru will no longer land and respawn on a blocked pool.
  • Stuns that last for more than 1.2 seconds will now play a red animation on the target.
  • Barge now binds the target for 6.6 seconds, up from 1.2 seconds.
  • Snap Shot, Wild Magic and Hurricane once again deal both hits at the same time.
  • Legacy players will suffer half the stun duration in PvP.
  • Stray Pets of Seasons can now be re-claimed from the pet store in Taverley or Yanille. Shooing your pet will result in needing to create another pet.

Ninja Fixes:

• All Beasts of Burden now have a greatly increased life points total.
  • The player-owned house options interface now has a 'Call Butler' button.
  • Staff and battlestaff buy limits have been increased to 1000 every four hours.
  • Box traps and bird snares now have a left-click 'reset' option to set the trap back up without having to pick it up.
  • Duplicated NPCs (Irvig, San and Ranalph) have been removed from the Legends' Quest.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Box traps and bird snares now have a left-click 'reset' option to set the trap back up without having to pick it up.

Best update of the month. If only it came before maxed.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Box traps and bird snares now have a left-click 'reset' option to set the trap back up without having to pick it up.

Best update of the month since the release of the Hunter skill. If only it came before maxed.

fixed

• Like 1

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

Whose bright idea was it to add a point and click shooter to rs with rs lag...

• Like 1

michel555555.png

Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

You have to lead the targets or just spam click right by their spawn and they die before they can even become visible.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

You have to lead the targets or just spam click right by their spawn and they die before they can even become visible.

spam to much though and they kill themsleves or is my lag so bad that the airuts are just attacking half way up the path...

Is the small goebi village that appears south of nardah all there is to the post quest content??

michel555555.png

I wish someone from QA would buy a crappy little computer from the store, have to login to the server to test an update using an outside internet connection, and play it for real before release.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Omg that battle thing is just dumb.

Oh god your spam clicking everything to the point that your trackpad is nearly breaking?

Well good fight one dog survived your dead!

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

so that is the first quest that i ever ragequit....

i understand lead the target, doesnt mean much it seems though....

I am going to go take a long walk

~~~legoman187~~~

• Like 1

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Wild Magic had its timing changed again, making two-handed and dual-wield magic on par at Tormented Demons once again. So I went and replaced my sesismic wand + singularity with a Noxious staff. Woo, savings.

Also, I found out that legendary pets can use the Beast of Burden inventory management feature via the summoning/familiar tab. Woo, extra 1.5m+ gp/hr with the Scavenge and Beast of Burden abilities on the legendary pet.

If I max the kill counter for Tormented Demons (nearly 32k left), that's an extra 300m, pushing my total potential profit upwards towards 2.2b. I'd also get about 33k blue charms (on top of 54k I have banked) and 21k crimson charms (on top of 36k I have banked), resulting in a potential 93k blue charm and 60k crimson charm training spree (factoring in the upgraded Shaman headgear). On double xp weekend, that would be 204m summoning xp. Considering I currently have 15m summoning xp (and 4m bonus summon xp, thanks prismatic lamps from daily Treasure Hunter), I'd use all my blue charms but still have upwards of 20k crimsons remaining... And it would end up costing about 1.4b to 1.5b gp. Not so bad...

ozXHe7P.png

Also, I found out that legendary pets can use the Beast of Burden inventory management feature via the summoning/familiar tab. Woo, extra 1.5m+ gp/hr with the Scavenge and Beast of Burden abilities on the legendary pet.

Explain this one, please :o specific task?

About to try the quest. Hope it's short but sweet.

2dgucz6.png

Explain this one, please :o specific task?

About to try the quest. Hope it's short but sweet.

Set up your pet abilities as so:

zPf6ZRa.png

And then switch to Beast of Burden inventory mode after sacrificing a Yak pouch or two:

5SUI212.png

With a charming imp and attuned ectoplasmator, Tormented Demons will only drop a single item (no ashes or charms). You'll never kill a Tormented Demon faster than the Scavenge ability cooldown, so nearly every kill, the pet will get you the item (unless there's some obstacle in the pathfinding). Since inventory space would quickly fill up, just drag the loot into the pet's inventory. The herbs, runes, armour/weapons, and diamonds/fire talismans/adamant bars add up to about an extra 10k per kill. Factoring in limbs (58k per kill on average, assuming current prices and 1:250 drop rate), claws (1k per kill on average [lol], assuming current prices and 1:250 drop rate as well), and armor fragments (...another 1k per kill on average, assuming somewhere in the range 1:350 to 1:400 drop and current prices, of course), you get 70k per kill (which is oddly nice and round). At 150 KPH, that's 10.5m gp/hr.

ozXHe7P.png

meanwhile, near nardah, a mysterious settlement has appeared

There's also a giant turtle wandering mazcab... and not a thing you can do with either. Yay post quest content!

michel555555.png

Thank Jebus jamflex listened and made some fixes to the finally 'battle'

Goebies now each have 2 hp not 1 aka can take 6 hits b4 u fail instead of 3.

Hit boxes on larger npcs have been expanded so your less likely to miss.

Spawn rate on wave 3 has been lowered - aka fixes the issue of oh god I missed 1 so now I have like 8 things heading str8 for me

Dialogue is skipped when retrying a wave.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

All things that should've been caught in QA honestly.

They weren't really glitches, it was just harder for the player base than they'd expected so they changed it. If they're playing it and its working perfectly for them then I don't see why they'd nerf it before they get player feedback.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

All things that should've been caught in QA honestly.

They weren't really glitches, it was just harder for the player base than they'd expected so they changed it. If they're playing it and its working perfectly for them then I don't see why they'd nerf it before they get player feedback.

Because they should be running these things with sub-optimum specs. I know they used to. Who honestly played it through and thought the timing was balanced? It's bad enough that games all need a day 1 patch does Runescape need one too for every update?

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Kinda sad that RS runs perfectly fine (minus network lag) on maxed settings, but the moment it goes into low-quality, the game essentially shits itself.

Also, revenant walk animation casually sitting in-game and unreleased, mocking me. :<

Popoto.~<3