Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What happened to these forums?

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

Flodder450
[ Display Name History ]

Flodder450

Official Tip.it Minecraft Architect

• Members
  • 2,843 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Flodder450

I think one way of keeping the community alive would be a Tip.It discord server

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Tusimo
[ Display Name History ]

Tusimo

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 10 posts

I think the reason why most of forums are dying out is because you can get most answers on Reddit, Quora or just ask your friends on Facebook. So there's less need to talk to strangers.

sunmann99
[ Display Name History ]

sunmann99

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,327 posts

I log in on here occasionally to see how active it is.  Logged on to RS today- last login was 565 days ago!

I'm on Reddit all the time and can definitely see how it took over.

Go OoC!! 4,009,493+ Cabbages!
Posted Image
Cabbage count as of August 2, 2008

Eyrelex II
[ Display Name History ]

Eyrelex II

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 26 posts
All i can say is i'm happy to see that tip.it is still around even though the decline in active users is very apparent. Although I was active on other forums back in the day tip.it was always my go to and the one i was most active on, and with my current return to RS i'll try to do my part and be more active here.

On a sidenote it was like walking back in time reading through some of my old posts from my old account, oh the nostalgia...

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,377 posts
  • RSN:blazemovifan

I'm convinced that the site is completely dead now.

I can't even go to Help and Advice anymore to get great answers to my questions. Where else am I gonna get help with research and stuff like that?

Rainy_Day
[ Display Name History ]

Rainy_Day

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,968 posts
  • RSN:Duffman19910
  • RSN2:Yeahduffman

I can't even go to Help and Advice anymore to get great answers to my questions. Where else am I gonna get help with research and stuff like that?

Even the British Empire ended eventually.. 

It was a good run but people have grown up, moved onto other things, left RuneScape, started families and so forth. I can't see the site staying online for many more years, there's just no place for it these days which is a shame. 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
RIP Michaelangelopolous

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

It's mostly Reddit, and the decline of players in Runescape itself. I still treasure this site as an archive, there's a lot of historical knowledge here still, and the memories are priceless.

doomy
[ Display Name History ]

doomy

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,679 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

I still have my old blog from 10+ years ago on here, not surprising that the forum died down, but it still has a lot of memories at the least! I still remember 'hyt' in world 99 edgeville!

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,489 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

It's mostly Reddit, and the decline of players in Runescape itself. I still treasure this site as an archive, there's a lot of historical knowledge here still, and the memories are priceless.

Its definitely reddit but also the fact that fansites did a poor job of getting osrs players.

zybez had a pretty healthy userbase when they were the site for trading before ge

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

Even the British Empire ended eventually.. 

It was a good run but people have grown up, moved onto other things, left RuneScape, started families and so forth. I can't see the site staying online for many more years, there's just no place for it these days which is a shame. 

It definitely will be a sad day, when that occurs. Myself have felt a decline in wanting to game in general and moved back to reading books as my go to form of entertainment. It also has to do with being on my last stretch of university before I got a whole new life to figure out. In general I think that people used RuneScape as a game to get away from, to merely pass time either as escapism or out of pure boredom. I was in the first category for a while, then late it got to the latter and now I probably even moved on in general :P.

And then there is this (roughly at least) quote by Chaucer (Yes, Geoffrey Chaucer): All good things must come to an end. I suppose that also applies to these forums, eventually. Let's just cherish the memories while we can.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
It seems to be a common trend it seems. Zybez is announcing their closure as of next month: http://forums.zybez....8#entry17221283

j0xPu5R.png

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,377 posts
  • RSN:blazemovifan

It seems to be a common trend it seems. Zybez is announcing their closure as of next month: http://forums.zybez....8#entry17221283

I'm glad at least Tip.It forums is still active, not very but still a little bit.

I'm never giving up on this message board. Discussions might be hard to find now, but I'm not giving up on it. It's a great place.

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

Its definitely reddit but also the fact that fansites did a poor job of getting osrs players.

zybez had a pretty healthy userbase when they were the site for trading before ge

It's the monopolization and centralization of the Internet. No one wants to go to multiple sites anymore, they want a one-stop place for everything, and for most people, that one-stop is Reddit, sadly.

jrhairychest
[ Display Name History ]

jrhairychest

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts

They were selected for their community participation, initiative, and maturity. Their personal opinions were their own. Implying that the staff were not only corrupt but actively trying to damage the community is highly insulting to the time they volunteered here.

If you're seriously proposing that the moderation staff should've barred people from sharing criticism on a game update, I vehemently disagree and question whether you were actually familiar with tipit at all. For every person who was a habitual whiner there were at least three active tipit users who simply used the boards as a place to talk about the game and its updates pleasantly and with good will.

If you never saw those people because the disgust of a troll or two, I am very sorry you missed out on a fun experience.

Oh, come on. The staff didn't merely criticse updates. They crapped all over the game and the company at every opportunity.  Many were here too long as staff members, especially when they stopped playing.  It was always obvious that it was a clique.

jrhairychest
[ Display Name History ]

jrhairychest

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts

Sure they're held to a higher standard and expected to be more mature than the average poster, but I think it's a bit silly to genuinely view them as "leaders" or "role models." It's just a fansite forum..................

It's a fansite, so yes you would expect them to set the standard for the community.

Anyways I'm rambling now. I'll close with: If you don't like TIF, then you can giiit out! :thumbup:

That attitude hasn't worked out too well for this forum............................

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

Sure they're held to a higher standard and expected to be more mature than the average poster, but I think it's a bit silly to genuinely view them as "leaders" or "role models." It's just a fansite forum..................

It's a fansite, so yes you would expect them to set the standard for the community.

Anyways I'm rambling now. I'll close with: If you don't like TIF, then you can giiit out! :thumbup:

That attitude hasn't worked out too well for this forum............................

Fansites are a relic of the past, made obsolete by Wikis. I will now double down on my post from two years ago and continue to suggest that you go somewhere else if you don’t like it here

77yLQy8.png

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
dude ban evaded to come back to a dead fansite to reply to a 2 year old post, increasing our member count by one. who's winning now huh?????

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

dude ban evaded to come back to a dead fansite to reply to a 2 year old post, increasing our member count by one. who's winning now huh?????

Judging from his posts, he seems like he'd be a great addition to Reddit: he can join the hordes of people there who have a meltdown anytime someone levies even the mildest of criticisms of the game or Jagex.

jrhairychest
[ Display Name History ]

jrhairychest

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts

Fansites are a relic of the past, made obsolete by Wikis. I will now double down on my post from two years ago and continue to suggest that you go somewhere else if you don’t like it here

Doubling down hasn't worked out well for you. Think it's what got this site into this mess in the first place.

Banned or account deactivation at my own request...........

Judging from his posts, he seems like he'd be a great addition to Reddit: he can join the hordes of people there who have a meltdown anytime someone levies even the mildest of criticisms of the game or Jagex.

At least they still care about the game.

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
I think you’re more attached to TIF than I am

77yLQy8.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users