Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What happened to these forums?

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,798 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw
I am back too, due to mobile and because I am finally getting a new computer (mine had become to slow for rs3...). But honestly if we want this forum to be alive we should just merge all of the inactive sub-forums into one so that it appears more alive, then people might come back and we can build it again from there. Leaving it like it is now makes it look like a ghost-town. Who would want to live in a huge town where only one street is active? I would not. But I would like to live in a small village, even if it is the size of only a few streets, if it is active.

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

The numbers for OSRS are astounding. Before mobile released, it had peaked at 90K online players. Afterwards, it has peaked at 150K players. Meanwhile RS3 peaks at 30K-40K most nights.

GrandZephyr
[ Display Name History ]

GrandZephyr

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:grandzephyr
  • RSN '07:grandzephyr

I am back too, due to mobile and because I am finally getting a new computer (mine had become to slow for rs3...). But honestly if we want this forum to be alive we should just merge all of the inactive sub-forums into one so that it appears more alive, then people might come back and we can build it again from there. Leaving it like it is now makes it look like a ghost-town. Who would want to live in a huge town where only one street is active? I would not. But I would like to live in a small village, even if it is the size of only a few streets, if it is active.

Welcome back essiw! I can agree collapsing some of the inactive forums makes sense. I think someone had made some good suggestions about that before, as well.

For now the "View new content" link on the right side of the forum has been my savior for catching stuff posted across the numerous subforums.

https://forum.tip.it...arch_app=forums

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

Although I still check in from time to time, this forum is pretty much dead and will not be resurrected no matter what actions are taken. We should just accept that, soberly. I would prefer that the organizational integrity be maintained, instead of collapsing everything into one garbled mess. It's mostly an archive at this point, and I'm okay with that.

hellbellz
[ Display Name History ]

hellbellz

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,631 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN '07:PC Princpal

I used to spend more time bankstanding and reading Tip.it than actually playing RS back in the day.

Aeon_
[ Display Name History ]

Aeon_

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,345 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Abudino1234
  • RSN2:Man tshirt

I remember joining this forum and spending all the time I wasn't playing the game browsing through the forums (always had a tab open) or taking part in the forum games - anyone remember Hegemony in the OT forum? Me and my brother Sam used to make forum signatures, some of which I still see on a couple of users; LinkZelda has the Arctic Monkeys one I made when I was like 11 and I wanna say Sam has a couple people still using his signatures. I posted for advice when I first started learning bass guitar, before transitioning to guitar, which led me to go to university to study music. 

Every time I come back to Runescape I always remember the great times I had here, and come back to the forums to check if it's still alive, and it's clinging on, just about.

As others have said, despite being in many ways an inferior format, Reddit is king, which is a real shame. Hopefully someday soon we see a resurgence in independent forums.

Love you all, I'll probably be back soon, but I want those that read to know that you've shaped me as a person, in a purely positive way.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,169 posts
Come hang out in OT Aeon! I'd love to see that positivity around more! We still post pretty much everyday.

And holy shit is that hellbellz posting again? DAMN
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,952 posts
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I

HI hanna I clciedk the link but now I see boobies everywhere I think I have a virus please advise

Luck be a Lady

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,451 posts

HI hanna I clciedk the link but now I see boobies everywhere I think I have a virus please advise

Something something delete system 32

SupportMage
[ Display Name History ]

SupportMage

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 682 posts
  • RSN:Supportmage

If anyone is interested, some of us in the friend chat have assembled into a Discord server. If you'd like to join us out of game, we're here

Still alive, still alive.

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,169 posts
Wat
Posted Image

kedgemor
[ Display Name History ]

kedgemor

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts

What are you talking about? I still get an email on my AOL account every time the Tip.it MySpace has an update.

Your Tip.ItSpace account still works? Dag. I lost the password to mine years ago.

I too am disheartened that there aren't posts on the forum.

But then again, I'm also incredibly guilty of not posting on the forum very much..

It's something everyone's guilty of at some point or other.

Also, some of the busiest posters were also some of those who got in the most trouble (I'm looking at you Arceus, you bad apple :lol:). Not all mind you, but some. They pushed discussions forward and sometimes they would descend into arguments which would sometimes drunkenly stumble into rule-breaking territory. Goodness knows I dealt with enough of them before I left. Mrs Chips said earlier that the staff and mods here were corrupt and working against the community, and except for obfuscator taking bribes ( :P) I know that we weren't and most of you know that we weren't (Kim dealt with that wonderfully already so I really don't want to get into it again, but bear with me here). Unfortunately there were some who we would give warnings/suspensions/bans to who certainly felt like that and, yes, some of them left for what they felt were greener pastures with looser rules. Some just moved to different sections of the forum with looser rules (some are still there!). I still remember a point a several months after I became a mod where thing seemed to quiet down nicely (for us anyway) and the worst things we had to deal with were spambots and the odd infraction. Maybe we were too late though. Maybe the damage had already been done and once we got things quieted down again, too many people who didn't like seeing that kind of stuff on the main discussion board had already left never to return.

It's hard for me to speculate having been gone so long, but from what I understand Jagex has stopped fansite support and that certainly wouldn't have helped us any either.

Well, the thing is, the forum should be moderated as well as every public place. Btw, I feel you so much about this, that I clean up even my Instagram account. I use the https://spamguardapp.com/ app.

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,169 posts
Subtle.
Posted Image

Were
[ Display Name History ]

Were

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

rip forums

shame that social media and reddit are so far from the old forum style, if you dont moderate with an iron fist you get nothing but an onslaught of cheap memes on the front page

Melos
[ Display Name History ]

Melos

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • RSN:Melos
  • Clan:Maxed

I wish Silverion would come back and just renew the ArenaScape domain... Very few people play it now probably because they didn't know that there is another way to access it, which is a real shame...

Btw, if you are interested in playing ArenaScape, made by one of the creators of tip.it, it's at: http://108.61.26.86/login.php

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,169 posts
Is there evidence that you are not the sole user of ArenaScape at this point, Melos?
Posted Image

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,788 posts

I wish Silverion would come back and just renew the ArenaScape domain... Very few people play it now probably because they didn't know that there is another way to access it, which is a real shame...

Btw, if you are interested in playing ArenaScape, made by one of the creators of tip.it, it's at: http://108.61.26.86/login.php

Here, I registered a domain for you: http://arenascape.ml

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,498 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST STICK TO THE TODAY THREAD

Posted Image

Melos
[ Display Name History ]

Melos

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • RSN:Melos
  • Clan:Maxed

Is there evidence that you are not the sole user of ArenaScape at this point, Melos?

Yes, it actually shows who has been online recently in the high scores list. As of today, there's 20 characters that were recently online. Considering a player can have at maximum 2 characters active at a time, that means at least 10 people have been playing recently, if not more.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 953 posts

mayb if i mak 10 new threads evrey day everyone will com back

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users