Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What happened to these forums?

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

[ Display Name History ]

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,102 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:999134thpure
  • RSN2:1 Pray Hero
  • Clan:hyt

I also dont visit often its probably years since i last posted. This used to be place to find all new things what is going in game...now rsof replaced this for me.

btw original tip.it admin Lightning plays again active :P

in my opinion best era for these forums were 2002-2003...this was place what you could read all day long with bag of popcorn :P

wasn't lightning the second ever play to sign up to runescape iirc

and yeah rip forums as an entire style, I don't play runescape anymore but I have never considered using anything but reddit for league of legends

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!
Posted Image
old sig

vmser
[ Display Name History ]

vmser

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,852 posts
  • RSN:vmser

I also dont visit often its probably years since i last posted. This used to be place to find all new things what is going in game...now rsof replaced this for me.

btw original tip.it admin Lightning plays again active :P

in my opinion best era for these forums were 2002-2003...this was place what you could read all day long with bag of popcorn :P

Lightning (account number two) is indeed active again. And Moly (account number 9) was active last year (alt account for Gugge), but she's ventured into the real world again. Beyond that I've seen Sir Beachy (number 108) and  Gugge (number 126) in the last year. I've seen Sunjon (413) aswell, but that's a taken over name and not the original.

Posted Image

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
Hey, another reason to contribute: the moving of discussion topics into their "proper," AKA dead forums and the withering of the discussion being had.
Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Flodder450
[ Display Name History ]

Flodder450

Official Tip.it Minecraft Architect

• Members
  • 2,843 posts
  • RSN:Flodder450

Stuff like people moving on to reddit and the like, also the prevalence of "EfficiencyScape"

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

hawkinator
[ Display Name History ]

hawkinator

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts

You can blame whatever you like, the fact of the matter is this. I just made account here to post useful info, Useful info attracts users. Create useful info they will come.

current game News is not usually useful, guides and tips are great for people hitting search.

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts
That and sites like this have become slow and lumbering when it comes to operations.

Mrs Chips
[ Display Name History ]

Mrs Chips

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts

I used to lurk these forums but stopped when it starting getting really toxic - The usual "I hate Jagex" sentiment.  Don't think it helped that a certain element of the Rune Tips staff were up to it too, which gave the green light for a less than desirable atmosphere.  It felt that certain staff got selected on a friends basis who went on to undermine the game rather than encourage a postive gaming community. 

It went from being a fun place to bloody awful.  The site and community got a bit of a reputation for hating.  Sad.

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,007 posts
If TIF is toxic I'm curious what forum you retreated to instead

77yLQy8.png

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

I used to lurk these forums but stopped when it starting getting really toxic - The usual "I hate Jagex" sentiment.  Don't think it helped that a certain element of the Rune Tips staff were up to it too, which gave the green light for a less than desirable atmosphere.  It felt that certain staff got selected on a friends basis who went on to undermine the game rather than encourage a postive gaming community. 

It went from being a fun place to bloody awful.  The site and community got a bit of a reputation for hating.  Sad.

I do hope that, that sentiment has changed now. I myself try to be very positive. However, we cannot and shall not peoples opinions regarding the game or the company. It is their right to express it within reasonable boundaries. We hope that we have improved the atmosphere since, at least in your opinion.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts
Well this place still produces the best buggy whips as far as forums go. :P

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,518 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic
Even though this account doesn't show it, I have also used Tip.it since pretty much the beginning and it is a bit sad to see the boards at this state...

However, Off-Topic board still lives and even though we don't get new threads, we have a very warm and familiar group of regulars who we know quite a lot about and who we share everything not related to RS. It is the only reason I browse TIF and have done so for the last.. 3-4 years?
Come check us out! We won't bite (hard).

Right now we have a contest going on about pretty women, everyone's invited to vote.
Posted Image

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,007 posts

Even though this account doesn't show it, I have also used Tip.it since pretty much the beginning and it is a bit sad to see the boards at this state...

However, Off-Topic board still lives and even though we don't get new threads, we have a very warm and familiar group of regulars who we know quite a lot about and who we share everything not related to RS. It is the only reason I browse TIF and have done so for the last.. 3-4 years?

Right now we have a contest going on about pretty women, everyone's invited to vote.

Yeah OT's been more active than General Discussion thanks to the recent Miss Hottie 2016 Quaterfinals. If you haven't yet voted in the Miss Hottie 2016 Quaterfinals, you should stop what you're doing right now and go vote in the Miss Hottie 2016 Quaterfinals. I'll post a link to the Miss Hottie 2016 Quaterfinals below:

http://forum.tip.it/...-quaterfinal-3/

77yLQy8.png

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

It felt that certain staff got selected on a friends basis who went on to undermine the game rather than encourage a postive gaming community.

They were selected for their community participation, initiative, and maturity. Their personal opinions were their own. Implying that the staff were not only corrupt but actively trying to damage the community is highly insulting to the time they volunteered here.

If you're seriously proposing that the moderation staff should've barred people from sharing criticism on a game update, I vehemently disagree and question whether you were actually familiar with tipit at all. For every person who was a habitual whiner there were at least three active tipit users who simply used the boards as a place to talk about the game and its updates pleasantly and with good will.

If you never saw those people because the disgust of a troll or two, I am very sorry you missed out on a fun experience.

hzvjpwS.gif

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts

Yeah OT's been more active than General Discussion thanks to the recent Miss Hottie 2016 Quaterfinals. If you haven't yet voted in the Miss Hottie 2016 Quaterfinals, you should stop what you're doing right now and go vote in the Miss Hottie 2016 Quaterfinals. I'll post a link to the Miss Hottie 2016 Quaterfinals below:

http://forum.tip.it/...-quaterfinal-3/
Yes, the topic about discussing how attractive woman are certainly seems like an enlightened and thought provoking example of a forum I want to participate in.

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

It felt that certain staff got selected on a friends basis who went on to undermine the game rather than encourage a postive gaming community.

They were selected for their community participation, initiative, and maturity. Their personal opinions were their own. Implying that the staff were not only corrupt but actively trying to damage the community is highly insulting to the time they volunteered here.

If you're seriously proposing that the moderation staff should've barred people from sharing criticism on a game update, I vehemently disagree and question whether you were actually familiar with tipit at all. For every person who was a habitual whiner there were at least three active tipit users who simply used the boards as a place to talk about the game and its updates pleasantly and with good will.

If you never saw those people because the disgust of a troll or two, I am very sorry you missed out on a fun experience.

idk I was pretty corrupt. I will still take bribes, in fact. I won't do anything for you, but I'll still take bribes

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
Yes, the topic about discussing how attractive woman are certainly seems like an enlightened and thought provoking example of a forum I want to participate in.

There's a gun law debate like two threads below it if that's more your thing :v

Also yeah, as someone that's been on forums with pretty blatantly corrupt staff, the staff here isn't even remotely corrupt they accept bribes equally from everyone, so it's more of an auction than anything else

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,007 posts

There's a gun law debate like two threads below it if that's more your thing :v

Also yeah, as someone that's been on forums with pretty blatantly corrupt staff, the staff here isn't even remotely corrupt they accept bribes equally from everyone, so it's more of an auction than anything else

We literally did have a staff slave auction back in like 2006. Good times, I won Cdub_Foo as my personal slave for the evening.

http://forum.tip.it/...day-w-cdub-foo/

Too bad all the pics don't work anymore. He was my kinky BDSM slave for the evening :twisted: One of the other mods had to delete one of the pics because it was too risque IIRC :lol:

77yLQy8.png

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,518 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic

If you guys checked just a wee bit or browsed the Today thread, we have topics or discussions regarding pretty much everything that has been actual in the world.

One of the positives of having a community that started out from our love of one game is that we have people of wildly different backgrounds in Off-Topic.

We have a polyamory hunk, a rich Middle-Eastern dude, a few LGBT members, Californian libertarians, Aussies with their thoughts from down under, some underaged kids with their naive worldview, rational Brits, cold-blooded Canadians and some guys from more obscure places.

And that was just a few of the regulars mentioned, we are a wild bunch with differing opinions and argumented and reasonable discussions unlike anything you see on reddit or 4chan or whatnot.

Posted Image

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts

If you guys checked just a wee bit or browsed the Today thread, we have topics or discussions regarding pretty much everything that has been actual in the world.
One of the positives of having a community that started out from our love of one game is that we have people of wildly different backgrounds in Off-Topic.
We have a polyamory hunk, a rich Middle-Eastern dude, a few LGBT members, Californian libertarians, Aussies with their thoughts from down under, some underaged kids with their naive worldview, rational Brits, cold-blooded Canadians and some guys from more obscure places.
And that was just a few of the regulars mentioned, we are a wild bunch with differing opinions and argumented and reasonable discussions unlike anything you see on reddit or 4chan or whatnot.

So like what, 14 people?

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
Yeah, but that's actually a pretty sizable chunk of the forum's active population

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users