Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

26th October 2015 - New Auras & Gauntlet of Souls

Update

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw

if people are afraid of comp reqs, that's pmuch the death of the game if people want things to literally stay the same forever

I am not opposed to comp reqs... By their nature, you should complete everything.

What I am opposed to is arbitrary grinding. Needing to complete every miniquest, sure.

Needing to grow 100 harmony moss, sure. It is something you can work to. Complete all ports storylines? Had them before comp, its something to work to.

Needing to kill 1000 elves to unlock a title? No.

Needing to do X activity Y times to unlock something that gives no benefit or something cosmetic? No.

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Blutters
[ Display Name History ]

Blutters

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Blutters

Are the new Berserker "equivalent" auras Maniacal and w/e really exactly the same functionally, including the annoying depletion of effect over its active time? Or are they - Chaos willing - actually consistent in boost throughout their timers??

They  give you a flat +9 boost to your stats, which stacks with overload.. but if you lose the boost ABOVE overload, it does not go back to above overload.

So,ovl + aura = +130 stats, lower stats, down to ovl and ovl keeps them high. Then without ovl, you are at +9 stats for duration of aura.

Aura also gives you a flat +10% accuracy and damage, on top of the level boost, with +15% damage taken.

tl;dr it is more damage, and the same accuracy, as the t4 accuracy auras, but only for 30 mins with a cooldown of 5 hours

So just for clarification, if you don't lower your stats (Saradomin Brew, etc) and keep OVL constant throughout the duration, you can remain at 130 for the entire aura? - Which, it should be noted of course can be an hour long with Vis :)

And Berserker itself was altered to perform this way too??

2dgucz6.png

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts

Thats right.

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Auror
[ Display Name History ]

Auror

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 772 posts
  • RSN:Don Auror

This event is so shit my dog tried to eat my monitor

Blutters
[ Display Name History ]

Blutters

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  • RSN:Blutters

Thats right.

Berserker does still seem to drop over time even if you never lose OVL or brew or w/e  <_<

2dgucz6.png

Poppet
[ Display Name History ]

Poppet

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Poppet

if people are afraid of comp reqs, that's pmuch the death of the game if people want things to literally stay the same forever

I am not opposed to comp reqs... By their nature, you should complete everything.

What I am opposed to is arbitrary grinding. Needing to complete every miniquest, sure.

Needing to grow 100 harmony moss, sure. It is something you can work to. Complete all ports storylines? Had them before comp, its something to work to.
Needing to kill 1000 elves to unlock a title? No.
Needing to do X activity Y times to unlock something that gives no benefit or something cosmetic? No.

I'd have no problem if it was a vanity cape. But it's not. It has some of the strongest teleports in the game with the highest in slot stats.

It's far too powerful for the petty requirements they keep throwing out for it. I'm far too loathed to go and waste an hour or two just getting a group for the raid bosses. Which I could just buy the kills anyway which ends up making the requirement rather redundant.

Ends up creating a paradox where It's suffering to go do Araxxor without it but it's equaly suffering to go and do the requirement. And I just end up not playing at all.
76561198012301951.png

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,345 posts

To add to Poppet, the Completionist's cape should be cosmetic. It especially shouldn't provide gameplay benefits that can't be found elsewhere.

Most pressing, it's the BIS single-style and hybrid combat cape, which is stupid. The best alternative are the TokHaar-Kal, all of which are 12 damage less, 21 armor less, 4 prayer less, and single-style (so no hybrid benefits), as well as no lifepoint bonus. That's like comparing Amulet of ranging compared to an Amulet of Souls; grossly outclassed in each and every way.

ozXHe7P.png

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts

You know, if I had my way...

Combatant's cape would have the highest combat stats in the game, work as avas, work on ice strykewyrms, AND provide a +6 boost to ASDRMHP that stays as long as you wear the cape

Artisan's cape would act as cooking gauntlets, 5% chance to make a free potion of any kind when making potions, 5% more powerful bonfire boost, 5% chance to make extra stuff when fletching, crafting and smithing materials require 1 less item (bar, hide), and gives you a 100% chance to make combo runes, and you make 2x combo runes. Gives free teleports to cooking guild, blast furnace, runespan, crafting guild.

Gather's cape will act as a full camo outfit, would incite implings to fly to you when you are in range (say, a render distance), causes all crops to skip the first state of growth when you plant them, gathering div chronicles gives you 500 energy when you capture them, when worn, gives you a 50% chance not to use up your cap on divine locations, boosts rate of gathering for mining, fishing, wc by 20%, and makes the resource node last longer, causes mobs in LRC to ignore you

Gives free teles to any divination spot, mining guild, fishing guild, LRC, allotment patches, and each of the main hunting areas

Support cape would have all the theiving based boosts from the ardy cape (even if you don't have it), would allow you to pick between two slayer tasks (3 with ticket), twice a day, allows you to regen hp at 5x rate while running, never fail an agility obstacle, and you can take this cape into daemonheim.

All capes, sans combatants, will have the stats of regular skillcapes. Combattants cape will have 200 health, 62 armor, 6 prayer and 31 damage

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Wouldn't really mind the comp cape being the best at everything if other specialized capes could even come close to being as good in the things they're specialized for, but it's one of a handful of capes in their vast cape-y progression scheme that isn't largely cosmetic, and it's an enormous upgrade over the few that are useful in every possible way. 

I mean, like, not even the other high-end ranged capes have the alerter effect, and the quest cape has zero utility value even though it's a product of unlocking just about every other utility item in the game. I can't imagine that there would be much controversy over letting the ranged/combatant/tokhaar capes pick up your arrows, or giving the quest cape some teleports, or what-have-you.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

I feel like comp being BIS made sense at launch, but a few updates since then should've marginalised it in terms of raw stats. Like the Kiln capes and Seawalker ought to be the BIS offensive and defensive capes.

Also easiest fix ever for arrow picking up - show alerter to elf task people > add effect to elite quiver. Tada fixed, not like you haven't earned that right if you got that quiver and there's no other ammo slot item worth wearing over the quiver in any context.

I think comp ought to be updated to always keep it in contention for the best cape, as in its a perfectly okay 'lazy' option, but it shouldn't hold the BIS crown for anything other than skilling type things.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

i wanted to be able to use the quiver like the bolt pouch also

y'know that thing nobody ever uses

8f14270694.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Update

0 user(s) are reading this topic