Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Does 07 or eoc have a higher player count?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Lower Levelled
[ Display Name History ]

Lower Levelled

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 230 posts
Possibly the wrong forum. Wondering which has a higher player count and what that means for the future of each version.

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,995 posts
I think eoc has 2x the old school population. On my phone at a stoplight so i cant check :P the main website for both games lists how many players are currently playing

77yLQy8.png

Leik
[ Display Name History ]

Leik

Super Moderator

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,584 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Leik
RS07 has a higher player count. However, they have a much bigger botting problem than RS3 does, so the numbers are a bit inflated. Obviously RS3 has bots too, but not nearly the same amount as RS07, since 07 is simply more profitable for the botters, I believe.

I think eoc has 2x the old school population. On my phone at a stoplight so i cant check :P the main website for both games lists how many players are currently playing

The number on the mainsite is across all the games.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,995 posts

http://oldschool.run...oldschool_index There are currently 51595 people playing!

http://www.runescape.com/community 95,183 Online

77yLQy8.png

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

Leik pretty much covered it.

In terms of raw numbers online OSRS wins ie right now 51k/95k are on osrs thought it is quite close.

However much like it was back in '07 for real there is a massive bot population in OSRS vs a mucher smaller one in the main game so in terms of actual real players the main game is ahead.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Lower Levelled
[ Display Name History ]

Lower Levelled

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 230 posts
So of the 95k, 51k are 07 and 44k eoc?

Are there any estimations online somewhere as to percentage of bots in each count?

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
  • RSN:Poptolev

2k are from Darkscape lol

Kaur
[ Display Name History ]

Kaur

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • Clan:RSD

So we know the player counts of 07, eoc and darkscape, how many players does rs3 have?

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

So we know the player counts of 07, eoc and darkscape, how many players does rs3 have?

You realise eoc and rs3 are the same game right?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Kaur
[ Display Name History ]

Kaur

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • Clan:RSD

EOC is not a game. Eoc is an OPTIONAL part of rs3. If we are talking about rs3 player count we need to add eoc users and legacy combat users.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

EOC is not a game. Eoc is an OPTIONAL part of rs3. If we are talking about rs3 player count we need to add eoc users and legacy combat users.

If you want to get technical and pedantic eoc is kind of nothing to the game now.

Eoc was the name of a specific update that introduced combat.

Now we simply have 4 combat modes - Full manual, revolution, momentum and legacy.

That aside no-one has listed any numbers to with combat mode. The entire thread has been about the player counts of the different games - rs3, osrs and ds - just the op, and some who replied, have used eoc to mean rs3 and 07 to mean osrs. Yes both are not the "proper" names of the respective games, but they are both well used terms.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
That aside no-one has listed any numbers to with combat mode. The entire thread has been about the player counts of the different games - rs3, osrs and ds - just the op, and some who replied, have used eoc to mean rs3 and 07 to mean osrs. Yes both are not the "proper" names of the respective games, but they are both well used terms.

But then how are we supposed to tell how many people are still salty about EoC several years after the fact? You know, for science.

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,995 posts

But then how are we supposed to tell how many people are still salty about EoC several years after the fact? You know, for science.

You check the 2007scape population count for that :P

77yLQy8.png

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

You check the 2007scape population count for that :P

Thank you science side of Tip.It.

Lower Levelled
[ Display Name History ]

Lower Levelled

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 230 posts
Yeh, I cba to figure out what the live games up to nowadays, feels so foreign to me at this point

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,430 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

they messed up pretty bad to have people willing to give up 9 years worth of updates :lol:, but then again I think if WoW ever release a burning crusade server it would probably be more popular than WoD

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Dragon Slayer

• Administrators
  • 7,071 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

they messed up pretty bad to have people willing to give up 9 years worth of updates :lol:, but then again I think if WoW ever release a burning crusade server it would probably be more popular than WoD

Except they didn't quite give up 9 years. Two weeks prior to release, all the inconveniences of the 7 year old game quickly became apparent and people started demanding fixes which subsequently implemented, and even updates. And now they have a whole new continent which is probably comparable in magnitude of content to Prif.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

Except they didn't quite give up 9 years. Two weeks prior to release, all the inconveniences of the 7 year old game quickly became apparent and people started demanding fixes which subsequently implemented, and even updates. And now they have a whole new continent which is probably comparable in magnitude of content to Prif.

Yeah you can only really claim people "gave up" 5.5 years of content - the 5.5 years between the aug 07 backup used to create osrs and the feb 13 launch of osrs.

But then with all the updates osrs have received people didn't really give up anything.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Lower Levelled
[ Display Name History ]

Lower Levelled

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 230 posts

Have you ever played 07?

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Dragon Slayer

• Administrators
  • 7,071 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Have you ever played 07?

No not really, but I read and follow enough of the updates to get an idea.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users