Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Does 07 or eoc have a higher player count?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
As far as RS goes, updates which are universally-acclaimed are extremely rare. Most updates are preceded with "Based on the feedback we got from you guys on our forums and social media, we're proud to introduce you to [new content] or [revised/updated content]!" And these updates are met with scathing criticism from the community that claimed they wanted these updates :P

What was that old saying, "a happy customer tells one person, an angry customer tells ten"?

It doesn't really make much sense to treat any given group as some monolithic entity when people only really speak up if they feel strongly about a given issue and even people that want the same thing might not necessarily agree on how.

gwroland
[ Display Name History ]

gwroland

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:S r c
  • RSN '07:D k q

possibly 07 cuz of bots

S_R_C.png

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

A minor point. Not everyone who plays OSRS hates the EoC combat system. I have a lot of friends who play OSRS on the side; many others who were high level pvmers in RS3, but then quit for whatever reason, and after they came back, they felt left out so they just went to OSRS; many others still who just got bored with RS3 (and not because of the combat system), so they decided to go to OSRS.

OSRS is basically a separate game at this point, a whole new world, and it has a far better, more committed, responsive, and competent J-Mod Team. So I can see why people play it.

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

As far as RS goes, updates which are universally-acclaimed are extremely rare. Most updates are preceded with "Based on the feedback we got from you guys on our forums and social media, we're proud to introduce you to [new content] or [revised/updated content]!" And these updates are met with scathing criticism from the community that claimed they wanted these updates :P

What was that old saying, "a happy customer tells one person, an angry customer tells ten"?

It doesn't really make much sense to treat any given group as some monolithic entity when people only really speak up if they feel strongly about a given issue and even people that want the same thing might not necessarily agree on how.

Not really. Most of these sorts of problems are caused by Jagex half-assing updates on release (Invention being the biggest tribute to their incompetence ever), and then half-heartedly half-assing the 'fixes' as well. So they start with a mess, and then compound on that mess some more. They are met with criticism and loathing mostly because they deserve it.

Cheat
[ Display Name History ]

Cheat

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 839 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Miserly
  • RSN2:Snavex

I'd actually love to play 07 it looks a more interesting game but I basically only play RS to chill between uni work at the moment and just don't have the time to grind a new account up to a high enough level to have fun. 

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Not really. Most of these sorts of problems are caused by Jagex half-assing updates on release (Invention being the biggest tribute to their incompetence ever), and then half-heartedly half-assing the 'fixes' as well. So they start with a mess, and then compound on that mess some more. They are met with criticism and loathing mostly because they deserve it.

Yes, but that's not the same thing as 'people don't actually know what they want' by any measure of the phrase.

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
Sure it is. Jagex follows player "feedback" and everyone gets pissed

77yLQy8.png

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic

Actually reading this thread the downfall of RS for me started, as was mentioned, with the changeable usernames. I couldn't keep up with my friends anymore after a few months, since everyone changed so much and so often.

That was pretty much the main reason why I quit aswell. If I couldn't recognize who was who then it kinda crashed all my previous relations and the game became a lot more bland.

That, and the loss of general banter around the RS aswell...

Posted Image

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
Yeah. Name changes is definitely in my top 3 worst RS updates ever.

77yLQy8.png

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic

Wow, never expected muggi to actually agree with me on something :D

Posted Image