Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

25th January 2016: New Skill | Invention

Update RS3 Skilling

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Major Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Major Dash

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,167 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

High level components were nerfed (not needed), unstrung bows and ores were nerfed (not needed), augmenters are cheaper to make (needed), experience for disassembling/siphoning weapons increased (needed but the buff is so minuscule that it doesn't even matter).

Things that weren't changed that need to be changed.... Increase part and experience values on common items with high alch values (rune items, battlestaves, slayer uniques, high level herbs/seeds), decrease costs to maintain the weapons (way too expensive), increase GE limits on items useful for invention.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Poptolev

Heck they could've increased shop limits to introduce an extra cash-sink as well while we're at it.

TBH right now I'd say it's useless to go past 45 (you can augment pants at 45).

Just get that, put "Increased adrenaline gain with basic abilities" on all of your weapons/tops/armors and call it a day.

Not sure if perks can stack tho'

You can have up to 6 gizmos each having up to 2 perks (if lucky the 2nd one aint a debuff) (2 weapon, 2 armor, 2 pants)

other somewhat useful perks include (if stacking):

- Deal +2% damage to demons/dragons/undead (for a total of 12%)
- Deal up to 5% extra damage depending on how far you are through your Slayer task (for a total of 30%)
- Provoke affects enemies in a 3x3 square around its target (for the ultimate AFK training)
- 3% per rank chance a slain creature will add zero kills to its Slayer contract; 2% per rank chance it will add 2 kills. (no idea how that works, 3% chance of it not counting the kill so you can prolong the task is my best bet)

- Poison received heals life points instead of causing damage. (probably doesnt work anywhere worthwhile)
- +1% chance per rank to critically hit opponent. (I think I've seen rank 5 on some perks ? so this is potentially up to 30%)

- Anticipate lasts one additional second per rank, but no longer reduces damage taken. (if stacking - potentially ... permanent Anticipate ?)

- Your minimum damage is capped to x% per rank of your maximum damage. (This should count as an increase of average damage right ?)

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

Perks do not stack.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts

Sad, Sad. This really reduces the possible combos considering that at least for now the number of usable perks aint high. If nothing else you can combo the weapon with 2 out of those 3:

+1% chance per rank to critically hit opponent. (up to 5% I guess)

Your minimum damage is capped to x% per rank of your maximum damage.

Increased adrenaline gain with basic abilities

Since those 3 are universally good.

And you can make some hybrid pants/top with:

3% per rank chance a slain creature will add zero kills to its Slayer contract; 2% per rank chance it will add 2 kills.

Deal up to 5% extra damage depending on how far you are through your Slayer task

Not sure if 2% damage against demons/dragons/undead is worth mentioning if it doesn't stack.

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

A hilarious post on Reddit capturing the deceitful and non-responsive Q and A stream that Jagex put up:

VPCHQtD.png

Steph
[ Display Name History ]

Steph

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
I haven't been this disappointed in since Jagex since free trade removal.
Posted Image

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad
[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

What amazes me is jmods on twitter saying it was better received than expected.

Like where was your bar set? Did you bury it and fully expect everyone to hate it?

Also dear god please don;t let jagex release more stats on how people enjoy things like their "99% of players enjoy sof because they use it everyday" like it had nothing to do with a flashing button that would not go away if u didnt use it.

Anyway that aside I hit 2715 (virtual) total level and the game congratulated me for hitting max total level, so I'm totally re-comped and can leave this horror behind now right? right?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
So it would seem my disappointing update thread was reincarnated into this thread. That's cool I guess.

Anyway, you'd think after all this time they would be able to anticipate how players react to updates like this, understand how they'd train the skill, and even a hint of what they like.

Nope. Not a clue. They really should too since numbers show that the people playing it are the same people who havev been playing it for years and they should be able understand them a smidge by now.
Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Merre
[ Display Name History ]

Merre

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,424 posts
  • Clan:ANTI COE

I only like this skill because I've never made 50mil profit in under 24hours time (actual time, not gametime)...
But invention really doesn't seem interesting at all. I already feel sorry I didn't leave it at L1, then I could have told everyone I just returned to game when they asked me why I'm L1 inv...

Dungeoneering was a crap update to me (it's a frikkin minigame) and now they call invention an "elite skill", while within 48hours of release there's already someone running around with a master invention cape... Jagex, I sigh at you...  :rolleyes:

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

How the hell is there 14 people with over 99 and 2 with 120?

and how did they do it.

Popoto.~<3

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts

Handcannons

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts

How the hell is there 14 people with over 99 and 2 with 120?

and how did they do it.

$$$

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts

There are some speculations about leaked info (as usual). Considering handcannons were like 30-35k before the release of invention they could've stocked quite a lot of them for relatively low cash (1 handcannon = 16k exp or so).

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts

There are some speculations about leaked info (as usual). Considering handcannons were like 30-35k before the release of invention they could've stocked quite a lot of them for relatively low cash (1 handcannon = 16k exp or so).

Probably some, but most likely for personal use more than making money. EXP>GP in Runescape.

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts

Point was it's hard to believe people will hoard handcannons in the thousands if there was no leaked info. It's a huge risk to take with the info we had.

kepler22
[ Display Name History ]

kepler22

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

First off, Scuzzy, Le Me and Itrolledu are all 5.2b'ers with lots of gold and the ability to play 30 hours straight.  Itrolledu has his twitch channel with hundreds of viewers (plus his clan) giving advice and/or selling his supplies.  Le Me flips phats and (from what I heard) 50b invested in supplies.  Point is, the top guys right now are 'good' players.  Scuzzy and Le Me were the first to test the handcannons and could of bought out the market before anyone else got to the level to use them.

Peever
[ Display Name History ]

Peever

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • RSN:Peever142

I read somewhere that Le me who had 84mil xp yesterday had spent around 10bil to get to that point.  

Posted Image

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts

Any ideas if disassembling/siphoning exp is tied to the tier/level requirement of the item ? (In other words if level 10 T90 gives more exp than level 10 T70)

Peever
[ Display Name History ]

Peever

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • RSN:Peever142
Invention Update | Some Immediate Changes

We have made mistakes.

Invention is an extremely complicated skill that interacts with almost every object in the game – as such there was always going to be a need to refine and evolve the skill within the live game. However, It is obvious at this early stage that there have been several areas where the skill has not functioned as we envisaged and we apologise.

Changes Today

Therefore, we have just made the following changes today to fix some of the issues that have been caused. These include:

• 1800% increase to the experience gained for disassembly and siphoning of Augmented Gear.

The experience gained by playing differed significantly from that which was intended in design – as such we are realigning the experience to be in line with our original vision and expectations.

• 50% reduction in the experience gained for using materials to fill gizmos.

This method has become the main experience generator for a large number of players and has clearly been more rewarding than is beneficial for the game, particularly in the case of those with substantial in-game personal wealth. There was always an expectation that players with solid banks would be well equipped to progress rapidly, but this has been more successful for those players than intended by design.

Further changes to come

We are also going to look deeper into some of the perks, with an eye to improving the usefulness of perks overall. However, this is something that will take a little time, so will not, in all probability, be an immediate change.

It was also not our intention when we released the skill that players would be able to max out the skill within 48 hours of release. This has caused some concern, obviously, and we are aware of various rumours flying around. We do take bug abuse and similar unfair advantages very seriously and investigate thoroughly any potential cases that come to our attention, using our detailed monitoring tools. Where we find that someone has broken the rules of RuneScape, we will take the appropriate action.

In the meantime, your feedback and comments are incredibly valuable to us – please keep that feedback coming and we’ll continue to look to improve Invention.

The RuneScape Team

Posted Image

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
  • RSN:Albel
  • RSN2:Seaoh
  • Clan:SoDB