Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

25th January 2016: New Skill | Invention

Update RS3 Skilling

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

Glad they have made steps to fix it and level up + siphon is now viable training.

But what the hell happened in QA/balancing to let it get to live game in a state where it needed a 1800% xp increase, coupled with the 25% decrease to time taken to level items up yesterday to make it viable!?!

I mean sure balancing being off and things being shifted by some percents is expected, but one thousand eight hundred percent? Holy cow.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,005 posts
Lol 1800%, jesus

77yLQy8.png

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Albel
  • RSN2:Seaoh
  • Clan:SoDB
You'd think this is something they'd fine during play testing. Mistakes were made... Like the fact this skill feels like it was played tested all of 20 seconds.

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
tfw i decided to spend all evening disassembling for strong components, and then this hotfix drops right onto my lap.

dsaddmamufsknYNUAFNFUYKNIBUKdofbULFGLIUFUdyfnufiuDC8UFlibrFKUBDKUr8lNR8LbrflfubfLING

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

I originally didn't train on release out of sheer laziness.  Now, I'm extremely glad that I haven't. But with volatile the changes have been post release, I'm honestly terrified to start training the skill.

hzvjpwS.gif

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Does anyone have an idea on what the hourly upkeep on an augmented t90 weapon costs, by any chance? Since you can't, for now, unaugment them...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
1.5 charge per tick, so 9000 charges per hour for a t90 weapon. Costs 3 divine charges, which is a bit over 110k if made using incandescent energy.

E: Does anyone know how much XP you get if you disassemble an augmented item compared to using an equipment siphon on it? Is it double xp for disassembling the whole thing compared to just using a siphon?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
  • RSN:Poptolev

Sidenote - the exp you get from killing stuff is APPROXIMATELY

Level of stuff - 70

On an unrelated note, can anyone thing of level 100+ aggro monsters ? (Preferably weak to melee)

- Dark Beast

- Muspah/Nihil if you have a death wish

- Some GWD stuff if you have a death wish I guess

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts

1.5 charge per tick, so 9000 charges per hour for a t90 weapon. Costs 3 divine charges, which is a bit over 110k if made using incandescent energy.

E: Does anyone know how much XP you get if you disassemble an augmented item compared to using an equipment siphon on it? Is it double xp for disassembling the whole thing compared to just using a siphon?

Sorry for the late answer, by the looks of it, they give the same exp. (both give 540k at level 10)*. The bonus for disassemble is that you dont waste time gathering mats for the siphoning thingamabob

*Some fella told me how much he got from siphoning, take it with a grain of salt

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

So augment a t90 and I can use it for ~110k/hr indefinitely (assuming energy prices stay even)?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts

Lol 1800%, jesus

I seriously hope that it is an example of a misplaced decimal and not complete, shit balancing. That way only the QA team is to blame.

Same like a perk in FO4 giving you plus 2000% accuracy instead of the intended 20.
Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts

Nope the +1800% is intended.

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts

Note - turns out siphoning is around 50% exp.

Another note, if you use a wrong style armor (Ranged weapon + melee armor for example) the armor gets only 66% of the weapon exp.

aspeeder
[ Display Name History ]

aspeeder

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,083 posts

I originally didn't train on release out of sheer laziness.  Now, I'm extremely glad that I haven't. But with volatile the changes have been post release, I'm honestly terrified to start training the skill.

Same, I thought this skill might have gotten me back in after about 4 months of not caring but seems like way too much [cabbage] is going down atm.  Just from browsing the thread, it seems like they really just completely missed the items that need to have a sink.

Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

Peever
[ Display Name History ]

Peever

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • RSN:Peever142

Same, I thought this skill might have gotten me back in after about 4 months of not caring but seems like way too much [cabbage] is going down atm.  Just from browsing the thread, it seems like they really just completely missed the items that need to have a sink.

Exactly what happened.  How [bleep]ing stupid can they be. 

Posted Image

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts

I originally didn't train on release out of sheer laziness. Now, I'm extremely glad that I haven't. But with volatile the changes have been post release, I'm honestly terrified to start training the skill.

Same, I thought this skill might have gotten me back in after about 4 months of not caring but seems like way too much [cabbage] is going down atm. Just from browsing the thread, it seems like they really just completely missed the items that need to have a sink.

Exactly what happened. How [bleep]ing stupid can they be.

Careful now. You don't want to challenge them. They can alway make things worse.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Watching this thread over the last few days, after spending a couple months deep in Warframe:

fuCHbxs.gif

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts
For this, Guthix had to die?

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

For this, Guthix had to die?

I´ld have rather kept Guthix =C.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Peever
[ Display Name History ]

Peever

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • RSN:Peever142

I originally didn't train on release out of sheer laziness. Now, I'm extremely glad that I haven't. But with volatile the changes have been post release, I'm honestly terrified to start training the skill.

Same, I thought this skill might have gotten me back in after about 4 months of not caring but seems like way too much [cabbage] is going down atm. Just from browsing the thread, it seems like they really just completely missed the items that need to have a sink.

Exactly what happened. How [bleep]ing stupid can they be.

Careful now. You don't want to challenge them. They can alway make things worse.

You are so right haha 

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Update, RS3, Skilling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users