21st March 2016 - Sliske & the Chocolate Factory | Chronicle Open Beta Celebration | Rogue Outfits

Sally

There’s some Sliske business going in Gielinor this Easter – are you brave (or hungry) enough to find out what the malicious Mahjarrat is up to in his newly built chocolate factory?

Also, gear up for the Chronicle open beta by taking part in a special event this week with some fantastic rewards. If you get a spare moment, check out the rogue outfits in Solomon’s Store too!

Sliske and the Chocolate Factory

This event is open to both free-to-play and RuneScape members.

Sliske has set up a chocolate factory in the Empyrean Citadel for unknown reasons and is providing tours to lucky winners via rare chocolate butterflies that appeared alongside the yearly ones that arrive in memory of Guthix. Catch the last chocolate butterfly, get its golden ticket, sneak the Easter Bunny inside the citadel and investigate a factory filled with singing bobble-numbskulls and puzzles.

What’s Sliske up to? Will the other tour winners be safe without your help? Will there be any mysterious "accidents" in the factory? There is only one way to find out - grab the ticket, take the ride!

How to Start

Head over to the Burthrope lodestone and speak to the Easter Bunny. Then, catch the last chocolate butterfly to receive a golden ticket. This will teleport you to Sliske’s Chocolate Factory.

easter_bunny_16.jpg

Rewards

A unique emote, an everlasting gobstopper (has some interesting effects when used!), the ability to catch 5 more Guthixian butterflies per day, and 3 parts of the event can be dismantled to create component bags for Invention. These can be claimed by anyone, even free-to-play players, and will wait until you are eligible to start Invention.

Keep an eye out for this week’s Treasure Hunter update which has a fun new format inspired by Guthixian butterflies and some awesome butterfly-themed rewards – let us know what you think!

Chronicle Open Beta Celebration | Book Companion Pet

The whole of Gielinor is gearing up for the open beta launch of our collectible card-game, Chronicle: RuneScape Legends on 23rd March.

From now until 4th April, get in game and look for characters playing Chronicle on special tables. Near them will be a Gorajo hoardstalker with a special gift for you – a Chronicle book companion pet. “Read” your book pet and answer a new Chronicle question each day for 14 days. Correctly answering all questions will grant you either prismatic star or lamp.

You can also use your book pet to “play” Chronicle. This starts a special animation and gives you a 5% XP boost for an hour. You can do this as many times as you like during the event. The pet must be active or used as a familiar override for this to work.

We hope you have fun joining us to celebrate the important moves that Chronicle is making! Ironman players can answer questions and earn a lamp (but not a star). Ironman players are unable to receive the XP buff for "playing Chronicle" with the pet.

Solomon’s Store | Rogue Outfit

The season of new outfits continues in Solomon’s Store this week - if finery isn’t your thing, and you fancy yourself a bit of a vagabond, then the Rogue Outfit is here for you.

Rogue_female.jpgRogue_male.jpg

This Week's Live Streams

Each week we stream developer Q&As, in-game events and more. Watch our streams and find a full streaming schedule over on our Twitch channel. Check our YouTube channel, too, for recap videos of streams you may have missed.

This week, we'll be introducing you to the last two God Wars Dungeon 2 generals, kicking off Chronicle’s open beta with a bang, and more!

Tuesday, March 22nd| 17:00 Game Time(UTC) | Developer Q&A – God Wars Dungeon 2 – Seren & Zamorak generals

Last week was all about Sliske and Zaros - this time you can get to know your new Seren and Zamorak generals - Helwyr and the twin furies Avaryss & Nymora. If you've not seen them already, we tweeted a picture of them.

Ask your questions on the forums, Reddit, or by using #RSDevQA on Twitter!

Tuesday, March 22nd | 18:00 Game Time (UTC) | Loot from 2,000 Nex kills

Want to see the loot from 2,000 Nex drops? We'll be using some JMod hax to show you! Who will get the best loot, Mod Jon or Mod JD? Find out straight after the Dev Q&A.

Tuesday, March 22nd | 21:00 Game Time (UTC) | Mod Shauny’s GWD bossing challenge!

Mod Shauny will be taking part in a Nex mass from 9pm - expect laughs, deaths and loads of fun.

Wednesday, March 23rd | 14:00 Game Time (UTC) | Chronicle: RuneScape Legends – Open Beta Marathon Stream

Our amazing new strategy card game goes into open beta on Wednesday and we're celebrating with a marathon stream. Join us for an introduction to Chronicle, as well as loads of crazy challenges for two competitive teams of JMods.

Sunday, March 27th | 19:00 Game Time (UTC) | PvM with Mod Lee

Mod Lee will be hosting some more Community PvM goodness

[spoiler='Patch Notes]

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames

• It is now easier to click on charm sprites.

• Added Prifddinas to the options for the "You should use the Slayer master in..." quick chat message.

• Updated the warning message when augmenting an item to let players know that the process can be undone with an augmentation dissolver.

• The severed leg can no longer be disassembled.

• Corrected item XP given when fighting Sickly airut, Tarn Razorlor and Damis.

• Buying a gold accumulator with a full inventory will no longer disconnect the player.

• Players' jaws will no longer disappear after playing through a Fremennik Saga.

• The current wave interface is now cleared correctly when teleporting out of the Fight Cave.

• Animations on the player will no longer display outside the D&D when ending Troll Invasion.

• Teleporting to Vinesweeper via Afenen in Prifddinas will no longer shut the minigame points overlay interface.

Other

• Superior scrimshaws will no longer disappear when reclaimed after dying if the player disconnects before reclaiming.

• Melee familiars will now stay next to their targets instead of constantly running back to the owner.

• Players can no longer activate their keepsaked completionist cape overrides if they no longer meet the requirements to wear it.

• The effects of the Berserker & Mahjarrat auras no longer persist once removed.

• Players no longer retain their lifepoints boost after loading an empty bank preset.

• Corrected the naming of the Prism of Dowsing in the Magic skill guide.

• Massacre and Unload now correctly show as members-only abilities in their respective skill guides.

• Lucky Armadyl armour pieces now only mention the 70 Defence requirement to wear them.

• Clicking the picture of a boss on the Instance Setup interface no longer takes the player to the wrong entry on the Beasts tab of the Adventures interface.

• Players can no longer acquire swamp lizards on Entrana by harvesting reeds from the farming patch.

• The text for purchasing the rainbow loot beam has been changed to point players to the right interface.

• The black superior elite void knight top now has the same reclaim on death cost as other variants of the armour.

• Attempting to store too many items in a beast of burden will no longer show a message for each item it couldn't carry.

• Players are now informed if they have a full bank under certain bank preset loading circumstances.

• Toggling retro skillcapes in the miscellaneous settings interface now also changes the player's quest point cape.

• Corrected XP for mummies near the Agility Pyramid when set on fire.

• Examining a player wearing The Raptor's advanced outfit will no longer incorrectly display them as part of The Raptor's basic outfit set.

• Owning a Hermit crab pet no longer prevents shadow creatures from dropping the Dark Mind, Body and Soul objects.

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

If an update happens and no one talks about playing it did it really happen?

You're the most annoying user on this entire forum.

Jeez, that sounds bad, but it sounds even worse with all the echoes in this empty forum.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

If an update happens and no one talks about playing it did it really happen?

You're the most annoying user on this entire forum.

Jeez, that sounds bad, but it sounds even worse with all the echoes in this empty forum.

wow m8 thats great b8 str8 8/8 content

[sarcasm]

ur like my god saying what the people wanna hear im so glad you come to posts to say what we all wanna hear ty for doing gods work

[/sarcasm]

[hide]

If an insult happens and Miss_Kozlov shitposts more than Bxpprod, is it really an insult?

[/hide]

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

Because no one wants to talk about the update and talk about me instead? Does that really speak ill of me, or the game and/or forums?

I finished the holiday event a little bit ago, was pretty good. Nice puzzles, if rather simple. I don't like the grindy holiday events and refuse to do them as a result (e.g., Halloween).

The post-quest sliding puzzle a nice spin, too. I rather liked it, honestly.

Because no one wants to talk about the update and talk about me? Does that really speak ill of me, or the game, or the forums?

I hadn't had time to try the update when I first visited the forums. I'm not going to comment on an update I haven't looked at, but I surely can comment on toxic users.

ozXHe7P.png

I finished the holiday event a little bit ago, was pretty good. Nice puzzles, if rather simple. I don't like the grindy holiday events and refuse to do them as a result (e.g., Halloween).

It is good to hear they moved away from those especially considering these updates are the only new content f2p tends to get.

Because no one wants to talk about the update and talk about me instead? Does that really speak ill of me, or the game and/or forums?

It wasn't even 2 hours after the update was posted when you felt the need to say something, people talk about the update after they've actually had a chance to try it out. God forbid anyone should be busy either considering time-zones

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

• Like 2

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

It wasn't even 2 hours after the update was posted when you felt the need to say something, people talk about the update after they've actually had a chance to try it out. God forbid anyone should be busy either considering time-zones

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

I mean yeah - real talk in terms of timezones.

Update was around 2pm gmt - UK predominantly in school or at work and between dinner, homework etc a good 3+ hours before most players really get on.

USA its like 7-9am aka most everyone at/going to work/school and won't be on for a good 8+ hours.

Australia around 10pm aka most everyone beginning to log off for the night considering its a week night and most have to be up for school/work.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

USA its like 7-9am aka most everyone at/going to work/school and won't be on for a good 8+ hours.

I'd have been more than happy to shitpost about the update, but I'm on the earlier end of that scale and was not awake at 7:30.

Now that I am awake let me just say that this sure was an update and that Sliske fellow is a clever rapscallion whose japes never cease to amuse, and as we all know...

iZkfaK7.jpg

*disclaimer: alg has not yet played the update

• Like 1

Wasn't expecting a Sliske-themed Easter event. I'll have to check it out :P .

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

How do you read the book of legends?

Make sure to unhide your familiar options if you have them hidden in game settings, and then it should be one of your right-click options when you have the pet summoned.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

How do you read the book of legends?

Make sure to unhide your familiar options if you have them hidden in game settings, and then it should be one of your right-click options when you have the pet summoned.

Thanks, I had to unhide the familiar option

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

it's just a sliding puzzle

The bit that does make it a tad evil is that the empty space is in the middle which does rather break the standard solve method for sliding puzzles that relies on empty space being bottom right.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The bit that does make it a tad evil is that the empty space is in the middle which does rather break the standard solve method for sliding puzzles that relies on empty space being bottom right.

I solved it like it was a sliding puzzle and it didn't work. 

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

I'm guessing you just got all the right shapes in all the right places - you need to pay attention to the colours as well. The 4 colours each move through 1 pipe to the middle square, so although several pipes are identical shapes they are unique pieces.

The pipes have to be the right shape AND the colours flow through them logically without jumping around.

Plus that last little factor of empty space being in middle makes last few tiles a pita to get right.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I'm guessing you just got all the right shapes in all the right places - you need to pay attention to the colours as well. The 4 colours each move through 1 pipe to the middle square, so although several pipes are identical shapes they are unique pieces.

The pipes have to be the right shape AND the colours flow through them logically without jumping around.

Plus that last little factor of empty space being in middle makes last few tiles a pita to get right.

I figured as much, but I just cant seem to get it right with the colours as well. To be honest, to save myself the stress I decided to leave it. I don't really need the extra stuff it'll give me anyway.

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

Would you please make a Guide for the Event? I don't like Sliding Puzzles either (that's why I don't do any Clues!)

Going for 200M All Skills on Matt258. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RuneScape

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Would you please make a Guide for the Event? I don't like Sliding Puzzles either (that's why I don't do any Clues!)

You solve the puzzle like any other sliding puzzle. Keep in mind certain pieces will change to a certain color for a couple seconds. Since the open spot is in the middle, I simply solved the first two rows like a traditional sliding puzzle, then the left side, then the bottom right, then the middle-right

The general method to solve these puzzles is a simple algorithm. They're trivial, so I don't know how much more I can help.

ozXHe7P.png

Someone explained to me that each piece has a place to go even if a bunch of them look the same and they need to be organized so the colors go in a line to the middle without jumping everywhere. After they explained it, I was able to finish it. Otherwise, I would have given up and ragequit.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one