Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

21st March 2016 - Sliske & the Chocolate Factory | Chronicle Open Beta Celebration | Rogue Outfits

Holiday RS3 Update

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

it's just a sliding puzzle

The bit that does make it a tad evil is that the empty space is in the middle which does rather break the standard solve method for sliding puzzles that relies on empty space being bottom right.

I solved it like it was a sliding puzzle and it didn't work. 

I'm guessing you just got all the right shapes in all the right places - you need to pay attention to the colours as well. The 4 colours each move through 1 pipe to the middle square, so although several pipes are identical shapes they are unique pieces.

The pipes have to be the right shape AND the colours flow through them logically without jumping around.

Plus that last little factor of empty space being in middle makes last few tiles a pita to get right.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sally
[ Display Name History ]

Sally

Website Crew

• Members
  • 910 posts

it's just a sliding puzzle

The bit that does make it a tad evil is that the empty space is in the middle which does rather break the standard solve method for sliding puzzles that relies on empty space being bottom right.

I solved it like it was a sliding puzzle and it didn't work. 

I'm guessing you just got all the right shapes in all the right places - you need to pay attention to the colours as well. The 4 colours each move through 1 pipe to the middle square, so although several pipes are identical shapes they are unique pieces.

The pipes have to be the right shape AND the colours flow through them logically without jumping around.

Plus that last little factor of empty space being in middle makes last few tiles a pita to get right.

I figured as much, but I just cant seem to get it right with the colours as well. To be honest, to save myself the stress I decided to leave it. I don't really need the extra stuff it'll give me anyway.

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

852ttaM
[ Display Name History ]

852ttaM

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:852ttaM
  • RSN2:Matt258

I finished the holiday event a little bit ago, was pretty good. Nice puzzles, if rather simple. I don't like the grindy holiday events and refuse to do them as a result (e.g., Halloween).

The post-quest sliding puzzle a nice spin, too. I rather liked it, honestly.

Would you please make a Guide for the Event? I don't like Sliding Puzzles either (that's why I don't do any Clues!)

Going for 200M All Skills on Matt258. QFC: 48-49-837-63099395

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RuneScape

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,345 posts

I finished the holiday event a little bit ago, was pretty good. Nice puzzles, if rather simple. I don't like the grindy holiday events and refuse to do them as a result (e.g., Halloween).

The post-quest sliding puzzle a nice spin, too. I rather liked it, honestly.

Would you please make a Guide for the Event? I don't like Sliding Puzzles either (that's why I don't do any Clues!)

You solve the puzzle like any other sliding puzzle. Keep in mind certain pieces will change to a certain color for a couple seconds. Since the open spot is in the middle, I simply solved the first two rows like a traditional sliding puzzle, then the left side, then the bottom right, then the middle-right

The general method to solve these puzzles is a simple algorithm. They're trivial, so I don't know how much more I can help.

ozXHe7P.png

firebird308
[ Display Name History ]

firebird308

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:SilverFox30
  • Clan:PVM Skilling to 99

Someone explained to me that each piece has a place to go even if a bunch of them look the same and they need to be organized so the colors go in a line to the middle without jumping everywhere. After they explained it, I was able to finish it. Otherwise, I would have given up and ragequit.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Holiday, RS3, Update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users