Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pokemon Go

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers

Today Pokemon Go was officially released in Canada. My kids absolutely lost their minds when they found out. :lol:

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,800 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
This 3 step glitch is killing me. I'm missing so many good Pokemon because I have no idea where I'm going now.
Posted Image

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts

I still don't get how tracking works. When I see a splash of grass, that means there's a pokemon there, right?

Caught a pidgy, pidgeot and another damn rattata last night on a short walk, almost level 3 now.

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,204 posts
Tracking is currently broken. It was awesome when it did work thougg
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

www.pokevision.com

77yLQy8.png

champion
[ Display Name History ]

champion

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,176 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

I'm level 20 rn. waiting til i have some more ready-to-evolve pokemon before mass-evolving with a lucky egg active.

50k xp needed between levels now though lol. 

@sporks, the grass/leaves animation means there's an increased, but not guaranteed chance of a pokemon being there

yeah the 'nearby' tab is broken right now, kinda sucks.

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
The pokemon have fixed spawn points and spawn at certain times. They usually last for 15 min before disappearing

77yLQy8.png

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

I still don't get how tracking works. When I see a splash of grass, that means there's a pokemon there, right?

Caught a pidgy, pidgeot and another damn rattata last night on a short walk, almost level 3 now.

It's a pokemon spawn point

& I hit level 20 a couple days ago and I'm still at like 15k xp. Waiting until I have 45 evolutions ready to go before I pop a lucky egg (I think I have like 15-20ish, but I can't check cuz the servers are down).

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,472 posts

android emulators with gps forging still getting people banned?

If its anything like MMOs that try to catch speedhacks they probably compare your last location to the current and the time between them and if it appears to be impossible it triggers a flag. They also have to account for flights and lag however.

Maybe I should dig though the android API and see what I could ifnd out about it

Edit: Found it

dd4b8edae0e200fc41636873f9a2b18d.png

Edit (again): Will a mock location be treated differently than a test location. Well I guess I'll have to test that out on my phone. I've been wanting a reason to try out instrumentation class for a while now.

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• 7,789 posts

They're banning pretty much everyone who teleports far away from their home, and most GPS spoofers (i.e. the ones used by devs to test their apps) are pretty easy to detect. But there's no real way to detect if someone teleported to the pokestop half a mile away from their house. Especially cuz they only sample location data every 30 seconds, which ends up being every 60 seconds or so because of server lag. There's enough error in their measurements that you can get away with quite a bit. But cheating in a game cuz you don't wanna walk around is neckbeard as [bleep].

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,472 posts

I'm mainly looking for find a way to sell the ability to cheat to neckbeards and people with disabilities. 

So far it seems like a small audience already since I would need to use bluestacks instead of a phone and then set up the gps spoofer on there and somehow idiot proof it so that people can't travel far from home in an amount of time.

Plus all the other shit i haven't thought of yet.

I'm basically thinking of making a map with a point and click feature (kind of like RS mini-map) where your character "walks" to the location at a safe rate.

I would also want to detect spawns which is why I would need to use instrumentation library to hook onto their client and path to nearest spawns.

etc.

Edit:

In a nutshell

c6d83dd9129c8df6d1f32e1c85a557d6.png

I don't know the game mechanics yet, so I don't know how well I could automate the capture process and all the random aspects of the game but this is the cheater app I envision

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• 7,789 posts

The actual logic isn't that bad. Figure out how to interface with the game (which shouldn't be too hard, people have already done that), then it's just pathfinding and spoofing the GPS. But you're going to run into a lot of trouble with networking. There are a lot of ways to [bleep] that up and get all of your clients banned.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,472 posts

I've used Java agents before to hook onto JVMs that are running in my processes. I believe instrumentaiton should be able to do the same thing on android

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

Ring check out this sub if you haven't already: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongodev/

The people there are trying to figure out how to do similar things.

77yLQy8.png

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,472 posts

Can't run pokemon go if you have mock locations enabled. Spoofing got 30x harder  :(

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• 7,789 posts

Man, I just spent 3 hours on campus sitting at a spot with quadruple lures. Met an old friend, made some new friends. Great time. I love this game

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• 7,789 posts

Yo ring world, if you wanna play around with the pokemon go APIs and learn a little about how games work, I have a project for you. Use the live pokemon locations & pokestop data to create a desktop pokemon game with real world data. I.E. do everything you planned on doing, except maintain game state on your servers (or locally) instead of using Niantic accounts. It'll be a lot easier than working around anti-cheat systems and you'll still learn a lot.

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
Encountered a gyarados on my run this morning. Game crashed shortly thereafter and didnt capture it :(

77yLQy8.png

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,204 posts
Fix your game Niantic
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,472 posts

I took too long, theres a good bot already up

https://github.com/j...nk/PokemonGoBot