Pokemon Go

muggiwhplar

Not useless to me since I love my gimmicky Hail team. An Ice/Fairy is a gift addressed to me.

Yeah, but you have to reset the hail every 4 or 7 turns for a 20% evasion boost. Something like Ice Body would be better since it would at least mitigate that 25% damage taken from Stealth Rock on switch in.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

You also get a friendly warning to not play in the 'hood when you log in

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I took a vacation to west Nebraska and south Dakota last weekend and got to see a bunch of Pokemon that aren't around the cities of East Nebraska, which was cool. A lot fewer drowzees out there. Omaha/Lincoln are littered with them.

Downside is that I'll probably never be able to evolve all these rock types we found, since they aren't around anywhere I live, so no candy is available. Also, there were growlithes and vulpixes out there, none of which we found, so we'll never get those either I suppose.

Still, it was cool how even a short distance location is enough to find new mons.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I feel like one of the biggest issues remaining within Pokemon Go is the limitations on what spawns where - it's something trading will hopefully deal with and I get it is meant to encourage you to explore and travel but the reality of these designs is very Japan-centric I find.

Like In Japan you can quite easily travel and hit all the different terrain types that trigger various types to spawn because it is quite a small country with insane transport links - which feeds into why most pokemon regions to date have been based off parts of their country with the diverse enviroments. But for the rest of us it's like oh good I need to go half way across the country at great expense to even have a chance of seeing this pokemon.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Cool, I caught a Tauros. Only seen one once before and it ran. The one I got isn't even strong, but it's just a nice one to add to the collection.

Woah I actually caught something before someone else. Got a CP 78 one when I was still level 3.

Got enough candies to evolve a Slowbro, I'm stoked. Also got a Tangela from a 5km egg which I'd never seen before (rare around here I guess).

Probably my rarest/coolest catch was finding a Porygon in the wild, that was a surprise.

Got enough candies to evolve a Slowbro, I'm stoked. Also got a Tangela from a 5km egg which I'd never seen before (rare around here I guess).

Probably my rarest/coolest catch was finding a Porygon in the wild, that was a surprise.

I just caught my first tangela today too. I named it Spaghetti

& for those interested in gym rankings, someone put the spreadsheet I linked a couple days ago into image form

Gym Offense:

hYYMKM9.png

Gym Defense:

jLXHS6B.png

• Like 1

since we're talking about pokemon in general...

downloaded pokemon soul silver since I recall hating gen 2, but figured maybe now I'd adjust to it since they'll inevitably be coming to Pokemon Go.

...yeah I still just can't seem to enjoy the generations that came after gen I. the whole style just feels so different compared to gen I. it's like trying to enjoy dragonball GT after enjoying dragonball Z. or trying to enjoy the star wars prequels after the original trilogy. the pokemon just look so different and have such different names/themes compared to the original 151. it feels like a weird spin off rather than a continuation of the series. and I also don't have the patience to learn each new pokemon's types, weaknesses, abilities, etc. I remember when I was a kid and gold/silver came out, my friends felt the same way and lost interest in Pokemon... that probably played a role in my apathy towards the series post-gen I too.

that said, gen I hasn't aged well at all. I replayed it a while back and realized I could just brute force my way through the game with just my Alakazam, 1-shotting almost everything with psychic. if I had zero exposure to the older games when I was younger, I'd probably be able to appreciate the newer games much more. sadly that's not the case :P

77yLQy8.png

Red/Blue/Yellow/Green have not aged well at all. The mechanics can be very unforgiving, and the enemy AI is sketchy at best. If you were to play Fire Red or Leaf Green, then play the original games (or vice versa), you'd see how much of an improvement the newer games are over the old ones. I'm not saying that all of the newer games are better than the older ones, but I think the series was probably the most fun around DPPT/HGSS mechanics wise at least.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

I hated johto (gen 2) for some reason, though I appreciate the night and day and days of the week mechanics. That was fun. Yellow will always have a special place in my heart but oddly enough I think Sapphire (that was gen 3 right?) might have been my favorite as it was the frst to break into a new graphics engine and try a lot of new cutting edge mechanics

• Like 1

Dialogue makes little sense, and it kind of makes me uncomfortable to remove the childish charm of the TV show and games. Buuuuut, if I get the chance I'll try to read it because I do enjoy gritty takes on things

Can someone explain to me how to go pokemon?

you take your phone, throw it into a lake, and then capture the wild gyarados which spawns

My phone sank and no pokemon spawned. 

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

I hate the new escape mechanic. I waste 40 balls trying to catch a Pidgeotto, it broke out 5 times, and I think there's a glitch where you can't catch a pokemon that has escaped a ball until you back out and reattempt to capture it, because my balls were going straight through it.

There is a glitch that better throws are actually worse, Im fairly certain that you can catch pokemon that escape you just have to razz them in between

It's tied to the Pokemon's level & base capture rate. Pidgeottos have been hard to catch since day 1. Which tbh isn't a big deal cuz no one's struggling to find pidgey candy