Pokemon Go

muggiwhplar

Of course it is still sort of true that the higher your level the harder it is to catch pokemon as when you are higher levelled you generally encounter higher levelled pokemon and thus have worse capture rates.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Maybe someone here can answer this question: do you get XP for walking? The other day I was walking my dog, and I had 6999 XP, and when I checked at the end of the walk I had 8005 XP, which means I somehow got a 6 XP boost when I was only hatching eggs and catching pokemon, both of which only give XP in multiples of 10, afaik. I thought the only thing that could get me 6 XP was gym battles. Walking XP seems to be the only answer...

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

• 2 weeks later...

Caught a 900 CP Golem yesterday while wandering around Omaha, which is not a place with lots of Geodude spawns by any means. Now I have a Geodude (from my trip to the sandhills) and a Golem in my pokedex, but no Graveler.

It's actually kind of annoying that 2 of my 3 strongest pokemon are 3rd-stage evolutions that I caught at that stage instead of evolving them. Getting good pokemon honestly feels more like luck than like a concentrated effort to level up and evolve what I've got. It's like evolution is just for xp, not for actually getting battle-ready pokemon. I definitely feel less connected with that Golem than I do with my Venemoth that I raised from a mid-strength Venonat, but the Golem is just as good and I'm going to use him just as much.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

That's exactly how it is though. I built up my first eevee into a 934cp jolteon. But I just caught a 504cp eevee that will likely be higher than 1200 when I evolve it. There's virtually no reason to ever power a pokemon up, just wait til you catch a better one.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I power up a couple of Pokemon each level just because I can't replace them with a wild-caught competitive Pokemon at each level. As a rule, I don't really bother powering up eeveelutions, but something like Poliwrath that's useful in the meta game but kinda hard to get is definitely worth powering up. It's only about 10k stardust to keep a Pokemon powered up each level, so it's definitely manageable if you stick with 2-3 of them (and know when to retire them)

• 4 months later...

Is anyone still playing this?  I'd be curious if anyone has community #'s on PG - my guess it has free fallen since its epic start, but I'm guessing it will always have a large following.

Currently playing: RS, SC2, and Goldeneye - LOTS and lots of Goldeneye

I actually just made the commitment on Uninstalling it today. Hadn't played it in about a month and it's updates are increasingly more disappointing

I'm disappoint in myself for getting hyped over the game and disappointed in Nintendo for not holding Niantic to the standard of quality that damn near every other Pokemon game has. They had 20 years worth of well established, ready to use content to work with and they used almost none of it.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

To me the thing that kind of signed the death warrant of Pokemon Go is it fails of both fronts.

It's a tad too complicated, with poor explanations of how anything works and very unforgiving on new players once gyms have high level players sitting in them for your casual gamer to really get all that hooked on it. Especially when you factor in the spawn areas set for the various pokemon make it very hard to get a meaningful collection going without a lot of travel, unless you are very lucky with where you live.

But then on the flip side they striped out too much of what makes pokemon, well, pokemon to really capture the pokemon game fans and hold on to them - for them it just sort of became a quick fix of pokemon to tide them over between ORAS and Sun & Moon.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I feel like if they at least had dueling, the game would be a lot more popular. Match people based on level, ELO, and location, plus schedule some real-life local tournaments and I think you have a pretty cool end game. As long as you add a little more depth to combat, you'd have a solid fan base.

I get that gyms are a lot easier to implement than an online tournament with matchmaking (especially since the game currently isn't really multiplayer and you'd have to spend a ton more on infrastructure just to get it to work), but I wouldn't release anything until I have that. I understand that's probably a funding issue, but Nintendo should have no problem forking over the money upfront. They'd easily make it back.

Didn't they make like a gazillion dollars the first week or so?

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Yes they did.

There's a fan explanation as to why the game is so shitty that I enjoyed but it doesn't make the game any more enjoyable. Basically the game takes place ~35 years before generation 1 and all the rudimentary fundamentals ate because the world doesn't know how to utilize pokemon yet. That is, until the great pokemon war

To me pokemon go is now just a thing the odd "kooky" friend goes on about and I just nod and smile and carry on chaining Mareanies or w/e to finish my livingdex, which is a mighty shame really.

It was sort of okay when it first launched, but the fact they didn't get much needed improvements out quite quickly and actually ruined crucial features just made it too much of a "lets check my phone" oh theres ANOTHER ratata here? How nice.

I mean multiplayer as mentioned would've been a big help but also offline functionality - as in don't make me have the app open to count steps, create notifications on my phone if I go i range of pokemon I haven't caught or specific pokemon I chose to be notified of etc.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I don't actually play, but the Generation 2 Pokemon came out today. 

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”