Sign in to follow this  
muggiwhplar

Pokemon Go

I'm level 20 rn. waiting til i have some more ready-to-evolve pokemon before mass-evolving with a lucky egg active.

50k xp needed between levels now though lol. 

@sporks, the grass/leaves animation means there's an increased, but not guaranteed chance of a pokemon being there

yeah the 'nearby' tab is broken right now, kinda sucks.

I still don't get how tracking works. When I see a splash of grass, that means there's a pokemon there, right?

Caught a pidgy, pidgeot and another damn rattata last night on a short walk, almost level 3 now.

It's a pokemon spawn point

& I hit level 20 a couple days ago and I'm still at like 15k xp. Waiting until I have 45 evolutions ready to go before I pop a lucky egg (I think I have like 15-20ish, but I can't check cuz the servers are down).

android emulators with gps forging still getting people banned?

If its anything like MMOs that try to catch speedhacks they probably compare your last location to the current and the time between them and if it appears to be impossible it triggers a flag. They also have to account for flights and lag however.

Maybe I should dig though the android API and see what I could ifnd out about it

Edit: Found it

dd4b8edae0e200fc41636873f9a2b18d.png

Edit (again): Will a mock location be treated differently than a test location. Well I guess I'll have to test that out on my phone. I've been wanting a reason to try out instrumentation class for a while now.

They're banning pretty much everyone who teleports far away from their home, and most GPS spoofers (i.e. the ones used by devs to test their apps) are pretty easy to detect. But there's no real way to detect if someone teleported to the pokestop half a mile away from their house. Especially cuz they only sample location data every 30 seconds, which ends up being every 60 seconds or so because of server lag. There's enough error in their measurements that you can get away with quite a bit. But cheating in a game cuz you don't wanna walk around is neckbeard as [bleep].

• Like 1

I'm mainly looking for find a way to sell the ability to cheat to neckbeards and people with disabilities. 

So far it seems like a small audience already since I would need to use bluestacks instead of a phone and then set up the gps spoofer on there and somehow idiot proof it so that people can't travel far from home in an amount of time.

Plus all the other shit i haven't thought of yet.

I'm basically thinking of making a map with a point and click feature (kind of like RS mini-map) where your character "walks" to the location at a safe rate.

I would also want to detect spawns which is why I would need to use instrumentation library to hook onto their client and path to nearest spawns.

etc.

Edit:

In a nutshell

c6d83dd9129c8df6d1f32e1c85a557d6.png

I don't know the game mechanics yet, so I don't know how well I could automate the capture process and all the random aspects of the game but this is the cheater app I envision

The actual logic isn't that bad. Figure out how to interface with the game (which shouldn't be too hard, people have already done that), then it's just pathfinding and spoofing the GPS. But you're going to run into a lot of trouble with networking. There are a lot of ways to [bleep] that up and get all of your clients banned.

I've used Java agents before to hook onto JVMs that are running in my processes. I believe instrumentaiton should be able to do the same thing on android

Can't run pokemon go if you have mock locations enabled. Spoofing got 30x harder  :(

Man, I just spent 3 hours on campus sitting at a spot with quadruple lures. Met an old friend, made some new friends. Great time. I love this game

Yo ring world, if you wanna play around with the pokemon go APIs and learn a little about how games work, I have a project for you. Use the live pokemon locations & pokestop data to create a desktop pokemon game with real world data. I.E. do everything you planned on doing, except maintain game state on your servers (or locally) instead of using Niantic accounts. It'll be a lot easier than working around anti-cheat systems and you'll still learn a lot.

Fix your game Niantic

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

This battle system makes me want to vomit. I was training at my team's gym that had a ~700 Beedrill and ~750 Scyther using my 920 Flareon. Easy right? Hell no. It barely made it through the Beedrill and I couldn't touch the Scyther at all.

WHY IS MY FLAREON GETTING DESTROYED BY A BEEDRILL?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Poison jab does 15 damage every 1.5s while defending, which is 10 DPS. Ember has 9.5 DPS normally, so it has 11.4 DPS against bug types cuz super effective attacks only do 1.2x damage. That should allow a beedrill to be competitive against a flareon.

So the real explanation: Flareon sucks balls in this game and type advantage isn't enough to save it, and CP barely matters

Not that a beedrill should be anywhere near as good as a flareon, but that's why

Flareon definitely sucks. Do you have a chart of the attack DPS rates?

Gracias amigo

Got to level 22 today, most of the way to 23. My Pokedex is at 97 caught/98 seen. Excited to go to California next month so I can find some pokemon that are common there that are rare here haha.

UGyZDuR.png

Feels good, occasional soft ban but no big deal, this takes up literally no cpu so you can run thousands of accounts on even a crappy laptop. 

Wasted a near perfect eevee today.

Tiuvc8C.png

But you named it Rainer? That's a bummer.

Can someone explain to me how to go pokemon?

I'm going to milk Goon's teats