Sign in to follow this  
muggiwhplar

Pokemon Go

Can we talk about Pokemon Adventures the manga that both the games and the show were based on and how much better it is than the show we got.

It's really sad they never made it a show in its own right. Since it actually has death and danger present in the plot. With real character development and aging between seasons. Overarching story lines with real villains including the rockets, half the gym leaders and even the elite 4, where they kill the pokemon and trainers who oppose them. 

For example:

[hide]

PA1_Chapter_Fourteen12-me.jpg

[/hide]

Kinda crazy that this is how pokemon was intended to be

• Like 1

Dialogue makes little sense, and it kind of makes me uncomfortable to remove the childish charm of the TV show and games. Buuuuut, if I get the chance I'll try to read it because I do enjoy gritty takes on things

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

that dialogue tho

supposed to be in pokemon tower where the ghosts are. In the game you fight gary there, the reason why is because in the manga he is possessed by one of the ghosts who are working for koga who is using the rumors to keep people out and set up a rocket base there. Which is why you fight rockets after the marowak in the game. And Mr. Fuji who gives you the pokeflute is a character from the manga.

But yeah thats the context for the dialog and the game design of the original gen. I never appreciated how directly linked they were to the manga though.

Can someone explain to me how to go pokemon?

you take your phone, throw it into a lake, and then capture the wild gyarados which spawns

My phone sank and no pokemon spawned. 

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

I hate the new escape mechanic. I waste 40 balls trying to catch a Pidgeotto, it broke out 5 times, and I think there's a glitch where you can't catch a pokemon that has escaped a ball until you back out and reattempt to capture it, because my balls were going straight through it.

There is a glitch that better throws are actually worse, Im fairly certain that you can catch pokemon that escape you just have to razz them in between

I'm also thinking there's some new mechanic where catch chance is tied to your level. I couldn't catch this damn thing, but I was one hitting basic [bleep] spearows and rattatas.

It's tied to the Pokemon's level & base capture rate. Pidgeottos have been hard to catch since day 1. Which tbh isn't a big deal cuz no one's struggling to find pidgey candy

The first one I caught was easy though, did it with 2 or 3 balls. Balls aren't really even a concern, the park near me has 8 stops in less than 1km, I just didn't like that I caught it 5 times and it broke out 5 times.

That's the pokemon's level, not the trainer's. A level 1 Pidgey (CP 10) has a 100% capture rate, and a level 20 Pidgey (CP 284-388) has a 33% capture rate

• Like 1

Of course it is still sort of true that the higher your level the harder it is to catch pokemon as when you are higher levelled you generally encounter higher levelled pokemon and thus have worse capture rates.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I finally got enough candy to evolve an ekans today and I evolved the wrong one, so now I have a CP 265 arbok

At long last, got enough Magikarp candy to get a Gyrados.  :thumbup:

Maybe someone here can answer this question: do you get XP for walking? The other day I was walking my dog, and I had 6999 XP, and when I checked at the end of the walk I had 8005 XP, which means I somehow got a 6 XP boost when I was only hatching eggs and catching pokemon, both of which only give XP in multiples of 10, afaik. I thought the only thing that could get me 6 XP was gym battles. Walking XP seems to be the only answer...

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

i start to play pokèmon go last mounth, but i need a lot of pkmons to complete the pokèdex  :)

immagine_290.jpg

finally found a dratini today at the beach so i'm pretty much satisfied with everything this game could ever have to offer

Caught a 900 CP Golem yesterday while wandering around Omaha, which is not a place with lots of Geodude spawns by any means. Now I have a Geodude (from my trip to the sandhills) and a Golem in my pokedex, but no Graveler.

It's actually kind of annoying that 2 of my 3 strongest pokemon are 3rd-stage evolutions that I caught at that stage instead of evolving them. Getting good pokemon honestly feels more like luck than like a concentrated effort to level up and evolve what I've got. It's like evolution is just for xp, not for actually getting battle-ready pokemon. I definitely feel less connected with that Golem than I do with my Venemoth that I raised from a mid-strength Venonat, but the Golem is just as good and I'm going to use him just as much.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

That's exactly how it is though. I built up my first eevee into a 934cp jolteon. But I just caught a 504cp eevee that will likely be higher than 1200 when I evolve it. There's virtually no reason to ever power a pokemon up, just wait til you catch a better one.

I power up a couple of Pokemon each level just because I can't replace them with a wild-caught competitive Pokemon at each level. As a rule, I don't really bother powering up eeveelutions, but something like Poliwrath that's useful in the meta game but kinda hard to get is definitely worth powering up. It's only about 10k stardust to keep a Pokemon powered up each level, so it's definitely manageable if you stick with 2-3 of them (and know when to retire them)

Is anyone still playing this?  I'd be curious if anyone has community #'s on PG - my guess it has free fallen since its epic start, but I'm guessing it will always have a large following.

Currently playing: RS, SC2, and Goldeneye - LOTS and lots of Goldeneye

I actually just made the commitment on Uninstalling it today. Hadn't played it in about a month and it's updates are increasingly more disappointing