Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Weiyao's Ironman Blog! Current Goal - Legends Quest!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Weiyao
[ Display Name History ]

Weiyao

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Weiyaoli
  • RSN '07:weiyao5

Got a Hellhounds task, so figured it was time to upgrade to a dragon scimitar:

QfoHUyx.png

I definitely wasn't expecting to get hit constant 13s by the tiny scorpions! And I also forgot just how annoying that dungeon was to run through. Went back the second time (when creating the greegrees) with energy pots which made it a lot easier. 

I definitely made all the greegrees I could for RFD, though I'm not sure if I needed to make any for MM2.

2Rfruhh.png

Alched my rune full helm to have enough money, since I had already upgraded to the helm of neitznot. And it's definitely made a big difference at hellhounds, can kill maybe 18 now per inventory of tuna as opposed to <10.

diNgaRA.png

Got this too from the quest rewards, another nice round 60 combat stat. Only a couple of levels for defence left! Will definitely get it before I finish off this hellhound task.

Apart from questing, I did some afk willows wc, and some fletching, since I wanted to get up to the level I could fletch maples (which I get tons of from kingdom)

SdAu36C.png

Will probably get 65 attack/strength next so I can farm for a dragon defender before some more slayer.

weiyao5.png

Weiyao
[ Display Name History ]

Weiyao

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 150 posts

Was finishing up my slayer task of Hellhound, and got my final melee goal:

9XdUwWh.png

Will eventually push for 65 defence for King's Ransom, but I figure I should probably go and get a defender first.

I got two clues this task, the first was fairly boring, it mostly consisted of fairy ring clue after fairy ring clue and also had fairly boring rewards (sweets being the "unique"). Second clue got me to this step:

mAQSIhk.png

Eeek! Looked it up, and I need to talk to someone in the zone where Zulrah is. So it requires me to go do Regicide. I used it as motivation to finally complete underground pass:

Ktjcry8.png

My amazing mspaint sketch of the correct path for this section. The section with the bridges legit took me an hour of failing the same jump over and over. I probably should have brought along telegrab runes and a range swap tbh to skip having to jump over to the last demon, but I stuck it out (including failing to jump to get to Iban himself over and over):

KDVrLnI.png

And Iban's Staff get!

Qxx2jK1.png

I currently still lack the money to upgrade it, but once I do I think I might attempt a couple Barrows runs. Have 20 or so 4 dose pray pots I can chug through, will be good for some magic training if nothing else.

Currently on the slow agility grind to 56 for Regicide. I'm pretty close (54/56), but I'm doing a level or two a day, since I get burnt out on agility courses really easily. Could probably go do it in <1 hour at the wildy course, but I'm grinding marks as well from the Canifis course whilst I still can.

You guys probably already know this spot, but it's pretty good for camping to get a rune kiteshield (though I'm dry on kiteshields, but have gotten two granite shields instead >.<).

kOmpgWM.png

With 57 magic, I could boost the final two levels (I didn't realise I could have done from 56 with a mind bomb already until after I got 57 magic :P), and I managed to finally complete:

cMbCG4v.png

I then cooked all the raw swordfish I had saved up (about 1k odd), and got enough for monkfish:

GvtFlhZ.png

The long grind begins for the magic req for Swan Song I guess too. Will try to mage slay where possible. Currently on an awful task of Infernal Mages, so ranging those.

Also been playing a bit of RS3 ironman mode. Afk'd my way to 50rc in runespan, and did the odd quest. Nothing exciting to show to be honest. 

weiyao5.png

IronXXVII
[ Display Name History ]

IronXXVII

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 0 posts
  • RSN '07:IronXXVII

Awesome progress! I see most of your goals from the front page have been done, any new short term goals?

IronXXVII.png

IronXXVII Blog - Ironman Progress to Max

http://forum.tip.it/...onman-progress/

Weiyao
[ Display Name History ]

Weiyao

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 150 posts

Awesome progress! I see most of your goals from the front page have been done, any new short term goals?

Hey! Thanks for leaving a comment. My long term goal is going for the quest cape, so I recently updated my goals on a post somewhere on p1 with a list of all the quests I have left and the different requirements I need.

In the short term, I'm slowly aiming for Legends Quest as the next "big" quest I want to be able to do (I'm getting pretty close there) and then most likely trying to complete all of RFD.

Slowly doing slayer and clues as I get them as well.

weiyao5.png

Weiyao
[ Display Name History ]

Weiyao

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 150 posts

After a couple of days, finally got this:

LeRIYbZ.png

Was pretty tough actually, hopefully I'll have stuff to alch next time so it's not quite as mind numbing. With that level, I could finally go do Regicide and talk to the person in Zulrah's town for my hard clue step.

6zSkhhL.png

I'm not sure if I needed to do the quest, but figured I might as well. Funnily enough, my next few steps involved talking to Eluned, so I figured I should do Roving Elves as well:

3tzS10u.png

Did a few silly things since it was fairly late at night, like accidentally put sulphur into my spare barrel of naphtha I needed for ME1 and forget to enchant my consecration seed for Roving Elves when I collected my clue scroll step. But the reward was:

iQ8fnni.png

Fairly decent alchs, and also a Master Clue! The first step was a coordinate:

nUqzUyQ.png

This is on Mos Le Harmless, so I still have a few quests left to do before I can do this. Think it spawns either Armadyl or Bandos minion too. Not in a big rush to grind out the levels I need for those quests (mostly farming I think), since it's very very unlikely I can do all of this Master clue.

Did a medium though:

OpE3hyX.png

And the yew comp bow is actually fairly useful, since I need one for Temple of Ikov. I think these should work for that quest? 

Also spent my entire cash stack for this:

k3PlA4Q.png

Upgraded Iban's Staff should be worth it, since I'll be using it for Barrows very soon. I'm going to start on those soonish, once I upgrade my range options from my current bone cbow/bolts set up.

Otherwise, I basically went down the list of quests I could do:

Quests

Think I still have a couple of quests I have the reqs for (am waiting for my willow tree to grow branches for Enlightened Journey), before I start on the stat grind.

weiyao5.png

Weiyao
[ Display Name History ]

Weiyao

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 150 posts

Finished up a couple more quests (most of the ones I can do with my current stats), so the grind for levels has officially started!

Done a bit of mining in MLM and smithing steel/gold bars. Fairly slow exp, but I need 60 mining anyway for Lunar Diplomacy, so I'll think of a faster method if I still need to at 60 mining.

D3owIi6.png

Fairly straight forwards quest. Might pop back for Lessers, if I get bored of Catacombs. 

qkLXdCQ.png

Had this mostly done a few days ago, just was waiting for the tree to grow and remembering to collect branches. Will unlock routes as I need them (luckily most of them are diary reqs or quest reqs). 

xQGtbFb.png

I totally forgot disease required 3 whole doses to cure, so I didn't bring enough for the final boss fight. Luckily, non of the disease splats hit combat stats, so didn't make the quest any harder than usual.

ZX2a4c8.png

I'm glad I read that the sled is still a clue req after the quest, so I'm keeping mine in the bank. Otherwise, easy quest with pray. Most of the boss fights in these pre-2007 quests are really easy imo once you get 43 pray. You don't really even need to use prayer potions. Guess I still have the more difficult ones to come (DT, Lunar series, RFD).

lj4wmKM.png

65 Strength done, 2/3 more levels for 65 attack. Unfortunately I got another Infernal Mages task so I might not get it for another couple of days, depending on how long I put off doing Infernal Mages.

For the next update, I'll probably continue to work on Mining/Smithing, and maybe some RC, since I'm fairly close to 35 rc now.

weiyao5.png

Weiyao
[ Display Name History ]

Weiyao

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 150 posts

Sorry for the lack of updates, I had one ready before I left for a week away in Portugal, but was being lazy in uploading it.

8gtSHhb.png

I got 65 attack finally! With that, I could finally enter the Warrior's guild:

6nSynj8.png

So my defender farm began. All together it took around 1500 for the rune defender and ~50 for the dragon defender (lucky!)

defender hunt

I had been farming barbarian spirits for the grapples, and lucked out with another Rune Scimitar. Nothing special now that I upgraded to a dragon scimitar, but something cool to remember:

AykLQRV.png

Whilst farming defenders, I got many hard clues, but had to drop two, as both required a rune heraldic item :( But I did get another unique (not sure if it was from a hard):

7vCBCVH.png

With 65 fishing, I also went back and finished up Tai Bwo Wannai Trio, and grinded out 100% favour. No luck on the goutweed front, but I did get enough to do My Arm's Big Adventure.

MlEsbvm.png

Can't remember why I screenshotted this one, must have been a quest requirement.

XGDuE02.png

Got the slayer level for black masks, but I'm not really in a rush there, as I still need to do quite a few quests to get to the caves.

weiyao5.png

IronXXVII
[ Display Name History ]

IronXXVII

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 0 posts
  • RSN '07:IronXXVII

Grats on the Dragon Defender, very lucky with the amount of Tokens!

Good Luck with the Mith Grapples and Black Mask hunt!

IronXXVII.png

IronXXVII Blog - Ironman Progress to Max

http://forum.tip.it/...onman-progress/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users