2017 New Music

Kalphite

I rated it, but it was no revelation like listening to King Kunta was. I'm definitely excited.

I'm more excited for a new Gorillaz album. I'm not crazy about the feature's autotune vocals, but the rest of this track is sick.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Dear all bands that I like,

Come to Australia.

Love, Dax.

Hey, it worked! QOTSA's doing Splendour, which means they might do sideshows, which means I get to go see QOTSA again. I'm so excited for something that might not happen.

#rpgformod

I rated it, but it was no revelation like listening to King Kunta was. I'm definitely excited.

I'm more excited for a new Gorillaz album. I'm not crazy about the feature's autotune vocals, but the rest of this track is sick.

Yeah I mean the song was just released to build hype, it won't actually be on the new album. One of the producers that was interviewed for it said it had a southern memphis sound with a ton of crazy influences so I'm excited. Kendrick's my favorite rapper though and I love how he never does the same thing twice

I like Saturn Barz, though yeah autotunes Gorillaz stuff was weird for me haha. Still will definitely check the album out when it drops

Also super excited that Fleet Foxes and Animal collective both just announced Seattle tour dates today. this is going to be such a good summer

• Like 1

Next new Kendrick track. I can see it growing on me. Definitely excited. New Kendrick, new Gorillaz, maaaybe new QOTSA. After a weak-ish start for music, 2017's gon' be siiick.

#rpgformod

Dear all bands that I like,

Come to Australia.

Love, Dax.

Hey, it worked! QOTSA's doing Splendour, which means they might do sideshows, which means I get to go see QOTSA again. I'm so excited for something that might not happen.

Another entry in the 'Dax wants to see QOTSA' saga. Sideshows have been confirmed, album has been essentially confirmed. The Sydney sideshow is within a sensible distance to my sister's and/or my sister's boyfriend's joints, so accommodation is sorted. Only need to get time off, and we're golden.

I'm so excited. These are the moments I live for.

#rpgformod

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a setting or something that I'm missing? All of these youtube links are appearing as large blank walls of nothing on Chrome.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

It's a pain, but worth it for sick beats. I forgot about this thread. So, a catch up. I can't go see QOTSA and I'm over it now. As for music:

Kendrick's new one was hectic. Though everything now has to stand against TPAB, and nothing's gonna beat that.

I listened to Havok's Conformicide. I'd never heard of them, but Antoine Fantoine rated them, so I gave it a spin and I was pretty happy with the result.

I listened to Mastodon's Emperor of Sand, and didn't have much to say because I've never really gotten into Mastodon. I liked it, though.

Next was Gorillaz Humanz. I was happy with it, despite what I've seen said elsewhere. Weird that my favourite track from the album is a 'bonus track'. That seems to happen a lot.

BUT, most importantly. I've got a new AOTY, and it's goddamn amazing, or at least I think so. Smith Street Band's More Scared of You Than You Are of Me is just something else.

I honestly actually started to tear up when I first listened to this track. Like, dude, I don't even know. But that's a thing that happened and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

• Like 1

#rpgformod

I can dig all of those except the Havok one, that one's not entry-level enough for me lol. The Smith Street Band is giving me some Hotelier vibes, especially this song:

Apparently Smith Street is on SideOneDummy, which has a pretty kickass roster right now: Allison Weiss, Microwave, Rozwell Kid, and Superheaven.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dance Gavin Dance just put out a new single, it's terrific

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

• 3 weeks later...

New Slowdive out in a couple days. Their first album in 22 years. Definitely check out Souvlaki if you haven't heard it yet. Easily my favorite shoegaze.

Really digging the new album, especially Slomo.

Glories (post-rock) released a new EP earlier this year. The build-up in this song in particular is great.

Unreqvited, a one-man atmospheric/post-black metal project from Canada, released a 5-track split album with Violet Cold, A Light In The Dark, Show Me A Dinosaur and Sadness.

Violet Cold, another one-man atmospheric/post-black metal project, from Azerbaijan, released a new EP this year (not from aforementioned split album).

Chelsea Wolfe released a new single.

Wy, also.

2009rb9.jpg

whoa I haven't seen your name around here in years dude haha, how's everything going?

That new Chelsea wolfe song was amazing, super stoked to see what she does with the rest of that album

I've been listening to the new Vince Staples and Washed Out albums pretty obsessively lately. plus hnnnnnnngh just a couple more days til new Broken Social Scene, it's so hard not to cave to this leak haha

• 2 weeks later...

New NIN, lads. It's bangin', as always.

New Royal Blood was moist as, a bit same-y in hindsight, but I still loved it.

New Flight Facilities is most excellent too. Likely won't get an album for what feels like twenty years, in classic FF fashion, but this'll tide me over for now, and lord knows Triple J will run it into the ground.

Also this track is flamin' excellent too.

Also while stuffing around while posting this I just discovered my boys Ideamen are dropping a new album the same day as my main boys QOTSA. I'm super surprised (Especially since I haven't thought of them proper for a while) and super psyched.

Also the man took away my signature, so I changed it and my avatar because it's been like four years since I've did that and I'm feeling crazy.

#rpgformod

New 'Steven Wilson'. Really seems like a completely new vibe for him. Initial listen worried me, but coming back to it, I'm getting quite excited for the album. I think everyone having a good time in the video for this track got me into it. Ol' Steve's smiling and grooving even.

#rpgformod

New That Handsome Devil. 

Love when you stumble onto stuff you didn't even know you were excited for. Love the camera work and the acting here, as well as the song of course. 

#rpgformod

• 2 weeks later...

I love overly long band/song/album names. Draws the eye, and I've found some excellent stuff that way. Loved that track too. Short and sweet.

Also Mike Patton's done yet another thing, and it's in my contract that I must experience it. Heavy AF, and I'm digging it. Gonna listen to the album later.

#rpgformod

• 2 weeks later...

Finally listened to the new (-ish) Halsey album. Pretty dry for a pop album. Badlands was really good so it was disappointing. Didn't help that I was already sick of Now or Never.

Highlights: that one song that's been on the radio for like 6 months and selected readings from Romeo and Juliet