Master Slayer Guide by Axe Man Jack (AOW) Updated 9/06

bigmoneyak

pretty good guide although i must admit I knew most of it already but its going to be useful to all the new slayers. some of the info on the training spots i am going to hate you for having leaked out.

About kurasks and turoths, you say that its better to mage them. I dont agree with that. I have always ranged them and the returns have always paid for at least twice the cost of the arrows. Usually the nats alone make up the cost of the arrows used up.

sig5qf.gif

# 1101 to 99 range on 12-18-05

85 slayer on 12-18-05 with combat at 102;

retired from members since Feb 06.

Back since June 07. 2000+ total.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:shock: :shock: Wow!!! Great guide!!!!!! :D Im starting to get back into slayer after dieing and losing obby shield and 1k bloods on a iron drag task :cry: But now im going 2 get like 65 slayer for dust devils :D

nooby question about cannon for slayer, aint used a cannon since rsc

do u get defence exp for using a cannon or is it just ranged and hp?

ty

Actually I believe cannon is neither def nor hp, just ranged.

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

Nice guide, I learned about a couple of ranger spots but since im 90 slayer I pretty much know all the ropes for getting this up. I'll go for 99 before too long. I've got some other things i've got to do first though then I'll be right up there with ya :D

pretty good guide although i must admit I knew most of it already but its going to be useful to all the new slayers. some of the info on the training spots i am going to hate you for having leaked out.

About kurasks and turoths, you say that its better to mage them. I dont agree with that. I have always ranged them and the returns have always paid for at least twice the cost of the arrows. Usually the nats alone make up the cost of the arrows used up.

I agree, well, with turoths anyway, i cant kill kurasks yet, but I seem to get a ton of natures, and a nice bit of laws too. Turoths also drop alot of herbs, and give me more lvl 3 clues than any other monster.

And I like saving slayer dart runes for barrows.

Look, if your mom still drops you off at school, you ain't gangsta, pull up your damn pants!

142qvyv.jpg

3 down, 7 to go

Nice guide, im going for 99 slayer too 86 slayer now.Can you tell more about that enchanted lyre, how do i make it?

You make it it the freminik trials quest. Go check tipits quest guides on their main site.

Note that you can make multiple lyres and I reccomend that.

Also if you have the ring of chaos (u) from the garden of tranquility quest you will be able to recharge your lyre for a raw bass instead of a raw shark.

sigtsg99rscaz7.png

The Slayers Guild a Slayer Clan led by Axe Man Jack

Proud to have written the most plagiarized Slayer guide on the planet.

Very good guide. I was just about to burhtorpe an abberant spector assignement when I found this.

Anyway, I would just like to add that there is another safe spot for turoths, right by the entrance to the kurask room. (I might go back and get u a pic later). Stand at the very edge of the turoth roomright before the tunnel takes a turn. Its more reliable than the other safe spot, but you can only use it on one turoth. the 83's and 85's slip by, and there is only one 87 that wont run if u try to range it from there, the other 2 are too far away. Im at school right now, and will go to get u a pick when I get home, because I'm not good at explaining where to stand.

oqlkqo.jpg

I am the mage in this pic. I usually use this space because if a small one gets in the way, it can keep the big turoth around the corner, blocking the big on from you. Be careful not to step on the red "X", because the turoth will walk around and attack you. If this happens u can probably run to were the ranger is standing, but I just wait it out. One turoth usually isnt enuff to kill you, and you can always bring a lobster or two, or use prayer if u get in a bit of trouble.

I always use that spot or the one where the mage in ur pic is standing :)

They both work, and the turoth respawn pretty fast so i can get my arrows and attack perfectly timed.

This is truly an awsome guide. Perhaps the best I have ever seen. I won't be training slayer any time soon, but I'm sure this will help countless people out there. Thankyou for that. :)

oilertaych6.gif

[Admin Edit: Religious text Not permitted]

~108 combat~

5.9k dusties killed / dragon chain :D

Nice guide, while overall quiet in depth it wasnt as groundbreaking as I expected, alot of it is reasonably common knowledge by high level slayers but I can see how helpful it is to 99% of the tip.it/rs population so goodjob for taking the time and effort to do it. I have had multiple repeated tasks but from edgeville only, ranging from 3 elves in a row to 2 daggernoths. I think i've had abyssal demons twice in a row from shilo but couldnt be sure. For those without melzars maze keys ghosts at level 22 wild are very good about 5 spawning reasonably quickly. For bats under the heros guild is also good and its very close to burthrope slayer master.

Again goodjob and keep it up.

tipitsigkk0.jpg

Great guide :-)

some notes:

Bats: If you get bat task, giant bats are much more easier and profitable then regular bats. Also (never tried that but is should work), there are lv82 "death wings" on the legend maze, not too far from shilo village quest. with good armor and combat level, it can be fast and rewarding (it is also a multi-combat area).

Wolves: there are some higher-leveled wolves them those on the white-wolf mountain (like the direwolves in arandar).

Turoths: Here, I strongly disagree with you. Those foes are fun, and have marvelous drops - especially high-level herb seeds (In times that I do intensive farming, I plant all patches, go to a turoth killing trip till I get enough herb seeds, and then harvest). They also drop many nats and laws, and some items that are good for high alching (and more, like lv3 clues, mystic bottom, many herbs).

When I was in a lower level. I ranged them. They defiently recover the arrow cost, and the safespot in the middle of the room is easy, for many turoths (especially the smaller ones) get caught.

Now, I use melee: with 80+ attack, 75 streangth, and 76+ defense, using rune plate with dragon skirt, med and sqare, they hit little, and bones to peaches is more then enough to kill as many of them required till you are full with drops. A super-set (specially super def) improves things even more. I trained there alot, with and without slayer tasks.

L.Bellatrix.png

Slayer: 85/85, Herblore: 82/82, Farming 81/82, def 99/99.

new goals: full sardomain costum from t.trails (2/6), slayer 87/90, attack 98/99

Dragon drops: 4 half shields, 2 dragon spears | whip drops: 5.

barrow drops: Ahrim's hood

Many of you are disagreeing with me on turoths and kurasks. Before 85 slayer they are a perfectly fine assignment to do. Exp is Exp and all that you get is good.

However they are very slow too melee and in my opinion rather expensive to range and mage.

Yes turoths do drop herb seeds but so do nechryals which are in my opinion a better assignment to accept over these 2.

Once you hit 85 slayer lesser monsters become unattractive and you'll find yourself only wanting fast xp or high profit monsters.

Take me for example, Now that I am maxed in melee and range I am now maging the rest of my way to 99 slayer. This is extremely expensive comparred to other skills and I find myself only wanting to accept Abyssals and Nechryals at this point.

I knew some lower slayers do like kurasks and Turoths which is why I covered them and included safespots. I personally do not like them nor will I do them.

My position on metal dragons will always remain to skip them no matter what your level is.

Slay on,

Axe Man Jack

what spell would you be using? fire bolt with chaos gaunts? or just fire blast.

what spell would you be using? fire bolt with chaos gaunts? or just fire blast.

Im using slayer dart for real assignments and fire bold for buthorpe assignments currently.

If you meant what spell to use for kurasks and turoths the only spell you can use is slayer dart.

sigtsg99rscaz7.png

The Slayers Guild a Slayer Clan led by Axe Man Jack

Proud to have written the most plagiarized Slayer guide on the planet.

i find slayer dart to be, expensive and well inconvient with the mind runes.

however, the good news is, at 90 magic ull notice you start hitting 19's with slayer dart(no lie! honestly.)

also, is it possible we see a screen shot of your equiptment, such as amount of runes games necklaces and all that kind of stuff you may use. quantity of cannonballs to perhaps? im very curious to know how many you have used :)

Oi could you help me with few tips too.Im 83 slayer(70k from 84) and going for 85.Im lvl 112 with guthans,range is 81 and magic is 81 too.im using zanaris...few tips would help!

mastersigcopy5sxff7.gif

Combat lvl : 121/124