New weapon: The Arbalest

Ts_Stormrage

Similar to a crossbow, although this one is slower, 2handed (with normal crossbow you could also wield a shield), and double in range (same as longbow on short range)

Range lvl required: 30

Strength lvl required: 10

No combat stats other then +28 range

Weapon could be f2p, and like arrows, the bolts can be made on p2p using the smithing, crafting and fletching skill (Smith 5 bolts from 1 iron bar, craft the opal and pearl bolt tips or buy the barbed ones, and fletch it all together)

Damage wise it would be similar to the normal crossbow

normal bolts: hit 1 higher then iron arrows

pearl bolts: hit 1 higher then steel arrows

opal bolts: hit 1 higher then mithril arrows

barbed bolts: hit 1 higher then adamant arrows

But with the Arbalest, they can hit 2dmg higherthen their respective arrows

Bolts can be poisoned liek arrows (5 at a time) on p2p

PLEASE NO FLAMING

I rahter you come up with suggestions to make crossbows more used yourself, or even just alterations to my idea...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Sounds interesting. I suppose there should be a bit more variety in crossbows considering how rarely they are used.

I've beaten the Heroe's Quest, oh yeah! Ummm, now what? I know, magic training! How FUN is that? Yippee!

And that was my waste of space called a sig.

doh f2p's cant use other than normal bolts.... but it could be more accurate and powerfull than bows but slower... and f2p's making bolts well its a member skill so why give a part of a (whole) member skill to f2p. if you would add a part they should give up to addy arrows and should put maple trees to make maple bows....so otherwise but the bolt thingy maybe a little bad... :)

doh f2p's cant use other than normal bolts.... but it could be more accurate and powerfull than bows but slower... and f2p's making bolts well its a member skill so why give a part of a (whole) member skill to f2p. if you would add a part they should give up to addy arrows and should put maple trees to make maple bows....so otherwise but the bolt thingy maybe a little bad... :)

I think you misread:

Arrows can be used on f2p, but only MADE on p2p

im suggesting the same thing for bolts... one can only smith bronze wire on p2p too, so why not for ironbars into regular bolts?

EDIT: you didnt misread, it was a typo indeed :)

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I think you misread:

Arrows can be used on f2p, but only MADE on p2p

im suggesting the same thing for bolts... one can only smith bronze wire on p2p too, so why not for ironbars into regular bolts?

oh sorry... theres something umm odd...

Weapon could be f2p, and like arrows, the bolts can be made on f2p using the smithing, crafting and fletching skill (Smith 5 bolts from 1 iron bar, craft the opal and pearl bolt tips or buy the barbed ones, and fletch it all together)

doesn't that mean you can make bolts in f2p or is it just a typo??

edited previous post, it was idneed a typo

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

I agree the crossbow weapon should be increased in variety, but I don't think they should be made two-handed; because crossbows in Runescape are meant to be a one-handed weapon.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

I agree the crossbow weapon should be increased in variety, but I don't think they should be made two-handed; because crossbows in Runescape are meant to be a one-handed weapon.

the crossbow used atm, yes... its a tiny one

but the arbalest actually requires 2 arms and a foot to load it :)

(Google it)

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

and a foot? well, i would like to have the sort of cxrossbow Leonardo Davinci made, the machine-crossbow, its a wheel which allways gives you a loaded crossbow,contains five crossbows, i just thinks it would be funny to have it...

ashmsig1uq.png

overseerlp5.png

R.I.P. Shiva and Steve

and a foot? well, i would like to have the sort of cxrossbow Leonardo Davinci made, the machine-crossbow, its a wheel which allways gives you a loaded crossbow,contains five crossbows, i just thinks it would be funny to have it...

It sounds like that weapon would work more like a Dawrven Multi-Cannon rather than a personal weapon.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

You're talking about something similar to the ancient japanese x-bow... called a Cho-ku-no

That would be my suggestion for a weapon which requires lvl 80 range to wield, but i wasnt gonna suggest it until "eastern lands" wouldve come out...

Cho-ku-no really works like a crossbow able to fire multiple times, but requires longer to load...

It's effects could be similar to that of the MSB spec (without it being a spec), but then shoot about 4 times, the drawback would be that you have to wield the weapon for 5 seconds before it was able to fire again...

BUT LETS STICK TO THE TOPIC PL0X

Arbalest = heavy xbow, look it up

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

The chu-ko-nu was a Chinese weapon and is severely overrated by ignorant people.

Technically all crossbows should be two-handed, because you simply can't effectively aim and fire a standard-size crossbow with one hand. One point against it is that the firing lever is operated more or less at the back of the stock even though it connects further ahead, and another is that you can't operate said lever with only one hand on the weapon without breaking your wrist either while aiming or after firing.

For the record, an arbalest was not a "heavy" crossbow so much as it was a siege crossbow, smaller than a ballista but bigger than the actual heavy crossbows with steel arms rather than wood.

Why, even long rifles these days are way more effective two-handed rather than one-handed, but I suppose JAGeX wanted to create a one-handed bow weapon when they created the Runescapian crossbow.

But seriously, the crossbow is a two-handed weapon in real life.

And yes, the Chu-Ko-Nu is a Chinese weapon... Chu-Ko is a translation of the surname of a famous Chinese tactician, and Nu means "crossbow".

~Toxicologist~

my bad, it was chinese indeed

but then again, im talking about a heavier-then-we-currently-have crossbow :)

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

Why, even long rifles these days are way more effective two-handed rather than one-handed, but I suppose JAGeX wanted to create a one-handed bow weapon when they created the Runescapian crossbow.

i think because the "dragon slayer" can't be made if it would be two handed and that would be unfair for ranged (you can go melee,mage but not ranged if not using crossbow) and an real crossbow is very effective(if you would have rs Xbow) think if you can load an crossbow its like from 1-100 power its maybe 40 while an what you must keep with leg on groung and with 2 hands load it it would be maybe 90-95! so thats alot better than normal RS Xbow

and now in english please...

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

edited previous post, it was idneed a typo

Sorry, but that is very funny :) I'd put it in my sig, but I'm not that kind of guy.

I'm all for more ranging weapons, but I thought most rangers already pretty satisfied.

Lpinkus

OOPS :oops:

oh well, put in your sig if you like... im in 2 peoples siggy already ;) i wanna be in EVERYONEs...

as for the comment on satisfied rangers: most p2p ranger are indeed ;)

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

back on topic now... watcha all think?

supporters?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

Well the arbalest has been suggested before. It would be an okay addition, but there's not much place for it with the crystal bow and Karil's X-Bow. However, I do support the addition of being able to make normal bolts with fletching. In f2p I'd rather have yew bows released than a fairly good crossbow.

\/\/ There ye go Ts! Note: Temp sig! (Maybe) \/\/

Abutebaris modo subjunctivo denuo.

newscapere4.gif

grammar2gr8dx.png

woohoo, im in another sig :)

thats 3 now :)

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

and now in english please...

if you mean my it was that it would be unfair to rangers because you cant kill Elvarg the dragon with a two handed weapon! thats propably why they had it 1 handed... mages have staffs which are one handed melee's have a lot of swords so ranged(pures) cant kill it without the one handed crossbow!!...

An Arbalest is so large that it requires four oxen to pull it...I don't think that will be a two-handed weapon.

Currently, the Cho-ko-nu in the game is Karil's crossbow. In fact, compare Karils bow with a google picture of a Cho-ko-nu and they are almost the same.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

An Arbalest is so large that it requires four oxen to pull it...I don't think that will be a two-handed weapon.

Currently, the Cho-ko-nu in the game is Karil's crossbow. In fact, compare Karils bow with a google picture of a Cho-ko-nu and they are almost the same.

http://www.darksiren.net/stuff/PierreMo ... balest.jpg (wdf is that picture) i dont think it looks like it would need more than a foot and hand or two... though theres many arrows i see but 1 arrow argh i cant find any good pictures than normal crossbows lol