Almost Got Scammed? Want To Tell Your Story? Post It Here!

The_Sith

i was in fally buying coal and there was this guy selling 1k for only 50k. i tried to trade him but someone beat me to it so i was kinda disappointed that someone else would have such a nice deal. and then the guy (selling coal) was like "there are two trade screens, in the first screen u give the money. second trade screen, i'll give the coal." after a five seconds i saw the word "scammer! everyone report ______ for item scamming" it was so obvious that he was trying to scam and he did it in the bank with a lot of people.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been scammed (*knock on wood*).

But, probably the most common scam (that I've seen) is in the East Bank in Fally.

Someone will type:

"Look, RS blocks your password <(shows up as '*******'). Try it."

So, I reply (so everyone can see):

"Don't listen to him. He just typed the word 'password' where the '****' are showing up. RS does NOT block your password, he is trying to scam/hack you."

I don't stick around long enough to see the responses. I just move along on my merry way. I figure, if I can stop at least one person from trying to type their password, because some idiot is trying to trick them, then I have made RuneScape a better place...at least for a while.

UN-[bLEEPIN]-BELIEVABLE. I turn a nice short post, into a pretty long post. I hate it when that happens. I have GOT to learn to not write so much...but, alas, I LOVE to write. Oh well.....I'll just have to live with it!

I think I'll create a secondary account on RuneScape. I am going to level up my skills on Tutorial Island, before I leave tutorial island. hmmm...ya! That sounds interesting. See you after a little while!!!!

RuneScape status: F2P

newscapere4.gif

turankuso.png

i was once selling my dragon hally and this guy offered me some ex tokel item (the volcano people) he first offered 1 good volcano item and some other junk and then he quick swiched it for the ring thing (worth maybe 13 gp?) and it said tek ex cull or something on the second screen so i lost a bit of mony there...

I got scammed. They told me from my forum post that they would buy my 22k willows. Not thinking, they lure me to wild edge, trade me into the wild, and killed me with magic. I saw another guy get killed too. I lost 22k willows and a dark cav. I'm upset, but I'm more mad that a lvl 100 would have to stoop to such a low level. The other guy lost a black cav.

Now I have to make nats to 4mill, instead of selling the rest of my willows. :cry:

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

If anybody even gets to this page...

So anyway this scammer was trying to have a trust game scam thing. Ya know, the give me this Ill give it back crud, Yeah so I offer him a normal green cape for kicks and he says thats just a normal cape. Then I make up this story that its a gunthix cape so he takes it and logs off.

I lost 3gp that day... =D>

this isnt realy funny, but for the shark sellers out there. in world 18 i was selling sharks to the pkers in edgy. you have to calculate stuff fast so its harder to pay attention to the screen. well, someone comes up to me, i had just started selling(luckly or i wouldnt have cought) and he put up enough to buy all the sharks. then i put up myn, we accepted but he changed at the lost moment from 900k to 90k, and luckly i noticed.

Beware of the Sara Trio

saratriosignaturerl8.png

I was only a lvl 3 n00b when this happened. Well... my friend was lvl 50 something and he gave me his full black armour. well, i was sooo happy when I had it... i couldnt wear it but still. So this lvl 60 said he would trim any armour for free, because i just started playing that day, i didnt know. so i gave it to him, followed him around while he was still trying to scam other ppl. then i asked him how long he would be. he said forver then logged out.

A weeks later he tried scamming me again by saying "give me a mithril pickaxe and I will give you 100 runite to make up for when I scammed you before". I wasnt going to fall for it.

Another few weeks later, he said hes going to stop playing runescape so he'll give me his user and pass if I give him mine. I thought to myself why cant you just play runescape in a honest way. I was absolutly fuming by now. So i said to my friend "can you train your combat lvl 2 lvls for my plz? to lvl 59?" my friend had very high mage (not sure what it was) so he did. I then said to the scammer "can you please come to edge, i need to trade some stuff on to ur account, i hav just been pking" so he came. I then again said to him "Im comming out of the wildy now, come a bit north ... not much noth max lvl 1 wildy". So as cocky as he was, he did. My friend pked him in a few shots, that was the end of the scammer. he didnt bother me again and I got my black armour back :thumbsup:

Ya i got scammed so many times when I was a noob. Any way one day I was in falador trying to sell full rune and addy (t) legs. Then I see this lvl 3 guy come up to me to trade. I check and he puts 1 million for the full rune. He declines and askes me to put the addy (t) legs too. I put everything I tryed to sell (all happy thinking I'm going to have my first million dallars) and I accept the trade and hurry to accept the second trade window. Then I run to the bank (the other guy had logged out) and I realise that I have 10004 gp instead of 1000k :-s . The guy had put 1000k and then changed it quickly to 10004. I felt like I was going to puch throught the computer screen :XD: . From that day, I always check the second trade window.

Great+king15.png

One guy tried to scam me when I was selling 900 magic logs for 1000 coins each.

I was shouting:

Me: Selling mage logs

Me:Selling mage logs

(something) B J wishes to trade with you.

I accept.

I put up 900 magic logs.

He puts up 1M and an adamant skirt(t).

(I wait for him to accept, this helps me see if he changes.)

He acts like that the adamant skirt(t) is a little too much, so he takes it back.

He "accidently" takes away 1gp from the 1M, then adds it back.

He tries to be sneaky and changes the 1M to 10,000 coins.

I decline instantly and say:

"You suck at scamming."

He must've logged out or something.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I didnt get scammed but my friend did.

A lvl 4 says: Follow me to win 1mill.

I just wanted to follow , so i did.

Then i found out that this was a trust game , the one who trust him the best by giving him their items , win.

I knew it was a scam , why would a lvl 4 give out 1mill free.

I dont think he even had it :?

I kept saying it was all a scam , but all the players told me to shut up.

Then when my friend win the scammer said: The winner is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then he logged out :?

My friend said to me that he should have trusted on me.

Later i found the scammer , we ran after him around whole RuneScape ,then he logged out.

I dont like scammers :evil:

Play Runescape , but don't make it you'r Life !

OMG LIKE ONCE I ALMOST GOT SCAMMED BY AN UB3R SCAMA. I PUT UP MY *insert expensive item here* AND HE OFFERED ME 1 MIL... I'M LIKE "OMG THATS LIKE UBBER AWESOME" SO WE LIKE TRADE AND HE TRADES THEN I TRADE THEN I ACCEPT THEN HE ACCEPTS AND AND AND HE CHANGES IT FROM 1MIL TO 10004 OMG THAT WAS SUUUUUCH A CLOSE CALL. THEN I WENT ON THIS FORUM THREAD AND POSTED THIS WONDERFUL POST.

lolathon.

I don't know whether it falls under scamming or backstabbing, but:

I'm in a security fortress, fighting minotaurs (I'm level 17 or so). Two guys in the same room hanging around.

I attacked a minotaur (this is important), and immediately after that they both started:

First one: "Hey, here's some present for you, I'm giving you 500 gold, cuz i'm feeling generous"

He offers trade, gives me 400 gold.

Now I start to think these guys are really generous, and then

Second one says: "Okay, here are 100 steel arrows charity from me!"

He offers trade, then puts up good stuff, accepts on first screen for free then declines on second, then offers again, show good stuf... declines, etc... simultaneously the first one does same thing - offers trade, declines, then offers again..

In other words - they are diverting my attention from the fact, that the Minotaur keeps hitting me.

I'm overcome with greed, they constantly popping on their trade screens, so I don't see that I'm almost dead...

Then I'm killed, and they share my belongings :roll:

They obviously saw that I'm lower level than Minotaur, and understood that I'd die unless I'm eating food

Gah! I feel so stupid...

I was buying big bones on my prayer/skill pure. I had 90k, enough for 300 big bones. Well.... I saw a guy who was selling 1k for 300k, and decided to see if he'd trade me just 300 of em. I offered up my 90k, and he put up 1k big bones, then reduced it to 300. What I didn't notice, was that the big bones were in fact normal bones... Out of my sleepiness and lack of attention, I am now down 90k and up 300 bones.. wow... #-o

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

When I was a wee lvl 30-ish I was scammed out of my first rune long. (note some ppl maysay impssoble to wield rune long on RS, but back in classic lvls were different and my char is still lvl 32 on it) Also I was scammed out of 300k buying 1k unstrung yews rather than strung #-o

Mikel2311-Saris_night.gif

funnysigzl9.jpg

Dragon Drops: 2 x Dragon Legs, Dragon Spear

I don't know whether it's a scam or just being annoying, but recently I've been selling colored capes (I'm only my 2nd week into Rscape), people were buying them for like 100g, which is okay money for me at the moment and let's me practice at player interaction, but anyway, one guy bought a yellow cape from me for 100g ("thick yellow cape"), and then he goesl like:

Him: "Lol, it's worth 1 million, you didn't know it, u'r noob!"

Me: "Sure, okay :ohnoes: " (not knowin cuz maybe he's right??)

Him: "Okay, since u're noob I will give it back to you" :boohoo:

Me: "Well, okay" (still wondering whether he cud be right)

Him: "For 1k"

Me: "Nope!" =;

After that I went and quickly dyed black cape to check - well, I was right, it's simply black cape dyed with 2 onions and 5 gp, so it cannot be worth more than 100gp for all that trouble

cape worth over 1mil lol not possible...

well this is kinda a believable scam...

well this guy pms me and idk who he is and says this guy can get him bunny ears so i go to his world and go to varrock to meet him and go up a house the one south of the bar. then this person is wearing bunny ears then a noob walks up and asks how to do it and she says "you gota change your pass to bunny5 then log in and back out" then he did and he was wearing bunny ears,then another noob came in and another one again....

kinda a odd scam and sounds believable... :ohnoes:

Dr_Brinner.png

rofl last night i reported some lvl 20 for scamming

i was merching full veracs and was buying it for 5.2m

he puts it up, and i notice he switches the helmet to veracs plateskirt

he was dumb

i saw no point in that, if i was a scammer, id put a bronze helm

but im not so its all cool

I was Buying up to 200 Ranarr weeds for 7k each and this guy offers 200 for 1.2mil, im thinking its a great deal. He tells me to come to the Range Guild and i think nothing of it. I get there and he says upstairs. I get up there and he offers to buy all im wearing for 800k( a very good deal) and then tells me to follow him. He then moved to the super rangers and left me near them. I had no armor so they hit 15s and such. I barely got downstairs awith 1hp left and he logs.....*phew* thats was a close one.... :wall:

I saw this scam a while ago. This girl was trading 2 santas for an easter egg. A guy next to her was selling an easter egg 12mil and said he didn't want the santas, he wanted cash. This is so someone would buy the easter egg for double price (it was 6 mil at the time) so they can trade the egg for the girl's two santas, but then when someone bought the egg and traded her, she just left. :cry: