Almost Got Scammed? Want To Tell Your Story? Post It Here!

The_Sith

I was selling 4000 cooked lobsters on f2p world (i was on my slow comp so it was a bit laggy) somebody offered 1 mill (i wasnt even selling so high) so I hit up my 4000 lobsters and almost want to press escape but i got a short lagg attack and saw 100k instead of 1 mill. I didnt report because I got a bit of lag and couldnt scroll back up to see the name of the guy.

Runescape ingame name: Rmond (on the forum this name was already taken)

Rmond.png

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have someone pm me that there a Jagex Mod?? Saying you won a Weekly Lottery or become a Mod? I bet you all heard about those.. This one is different...

reportdg3.png

This guy pm me saying am in trouble and all this... I was going to report him, but his name was to confusing.. Scammer alway have confusing name, so they can scam more people with less chance being report!

If someone pm you and say that, don't say "What I do then". If you say that he might report you because your answering like your account sharing! If someone did pm you that, just put your private chat on "friend". If there name are easy to spell, report them as Rule-5.

Have you ever get pm that you break a rule and gonna be ban, becoming a mod, or win the weekly lottery? Reply!

~bomb

If someone pm you and say that, don't say "What I do then". If you say that he might report you because your answering like your account sharing! If someone did pm you that, just put your private chat on "friend". If there name are easy to spell, report them as Rule-5.

No, actually you can just right-click on his name in the Private Chat box and add him to your ignore list.

Then you can report him while looking at the ignore list to spell his name. :wink:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I think you copy and pasted the wrong thing O_o

Just did lol.

I mean his name is confusing even if you add him!

To much space...

like 1 2 3 5

Block the name first please, scammer or not, naming names is not allowed.

Guest TaDaraCampbell
If Jagex staff was actually talking to you, they would at least know how to spell. It's "permanent" and not "permenant".

As well as they wouldn't have spaces like that between the letters of Java, though they more than likely wouldn't even have a name like that, nor would they even pm you upon such. And as said before, you should block the name I guess, just put a few lines through it on paint.

I think you copy and pasted the wrong thing O_o

Just did lol.

I mean his name is confusing even if you add him!

To much space...

like 1 2 3 5

Block the name first please, scammer or not, naming names is not allowed.

OH am totally sorry, I'll mark it out.

~bomb

and the most important thing: ALL jagex mods have gold crowns, and ALL player mods have silver crowns. if they dont then you have nothing to worry about, not matter how legitimate their names look.

Though you shouldn't give your details to a Player Mod, even though they have been seen to be trustworthy, there have been some done bad things in the past.

I had this on August the 20th the name is H Q Java they say that a number of complaint's from ur account they ask "if ur ank pin is active and what is it" don't they then go on to ask and password please i nearly got caught out but luckeily i didn't i then went to ask to speak to a jagex worker then he logged never heard from him again. DON'T FALL FOR THIS SCAM!!!

Private Chat Is Allways 'ON' So Say Hello To Me, Don't Worry I Won't Bite.

miss_war18.png

miss_war18.png

miss_war18.png

miss_war18.png

I haven't been playing all that long and I have been approached by a couple of scammers. The first one said that their mom workded for Jagex and that they could get me a free member account, all I have to do is give them my exisiting account password and choose a another for my new account. OBVIOUS SCAM! I tried to get them to leave me alone, but after 15 min of them following me around and bothering me I reported them. The second one was a player who said they were on the Jagex staff and wanted to give me a free member account, but they lacked the gold crown. SCAM! I said no thanks and they left so I didn't report them.

Min: 45, Smith: 37, Com: 345

Behold, the beauty of the baud.

***Free to Add Me***

I was trying to buy a set of full guthans about a month ago.

I posted on the runescape forums

I got 3 messages back from seperate people.

So I traded with each one of them, sadly each one of them offered leaf-bladed spear rather guthans spear.

Sad thing is that so many people tried it :/

I did get the real spear with the set eventually.

dragonyj7.png

ambiance214.png

I haven't been playing all that long and I have been approached by a couple of scammers. The first one said that their mom workded for Jagex and that they could get me a free member account, all I have to do is give them my exisiting account password and choose a another for my new account. OBVIOUS SCAM! I tried to get them to leave me alone, but after 15 min of them following me around and bothering me I reported them. The second one was a player who said they were on the Jagex staff and wanted to give me a free member account, but they lacked the gold crown. SCAM! I said no thanks and they left so I didn't report them.

you report them immediatly so they can get banned and never have to scam other accounts

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I was trying to buy a set of full guthans about a month ago.

I posted on the runescape forums

I got 3 messages back from seperate people.

So I traded with each one of them, sadly each one of them offered leaf-bladed spear rather guthans spear.

Sad thing is that so many people tried it :/

I did get the real spear with the set eventually.

Thats really bad.. i got that alot when i tried to buy my friend his guthans set, (he couldnt buy it himself coz he was gonna be f2p for 2 days)

some scammers are really dumb

2nddraftqt6.jpg

Join the sodb now!

Thanks to misterxman for the great avatar!

A few months ago when i was still P2P i went to buy a maul for 100k, at that time i was sick and real tired. I shouted about me buying a maul for a while when someone wanted to trade me and he threw in a noted rock hammer and i looked at it and thought "ok, i have a maul here" and threw in my 100k, pressed accept and he followed. Second trade screen i quickly accepted and he followed immediately. So, i wound up paying 100k for a rock hammer. I reported him and went back to bed.

What i learnt for a mere 100k:

1. Always check the second trade screen.

2. Don't play RS when you are in a risk to confuse a rock hammer with a granite maul.

Goals:

Crafting: 41/50

Attack: 52/60

Blank tiaras: 230/1378

I actually gained money from a scam,I was in Varrock east bank and someone wanted to buy 3k ess..(just ess back then).And he puts up 32k ess for my 3k(About 1Mill in cash at the time)..So we are at the second screen and he presses somthing..I dont know what but it closed down and my internet connection failed(random)So i log back into w1 and i see 35k of ess in my inventory!!I was so happy i bought full rune (t) like a minute after.

Kickass \'

tipitsignatureyu1.jpg

How many 'scapers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

1 to screw it in and 49 to complain how better it was before.

Was signed,Kioh Twan

Can I talk about actually being scammed here? Because someone did a succesful scam on me today, actually it's my first time getting scammed for real in my Runescape career. :(

I'm in world 2 selling 600 bloods for 300k. This level 60 in full rune comes up and trades with me, I thought to my self saying "Hmm, that guy has a low level to be buying 600 bloods?"

I traded anyway and 300k popped up. I thought ok cool. And traded. When I clicked accept trade I saw it was 30k!!

Then later I sold a Rune Kite (G) also for 300k, the buyer was f2p.

Ironic, that I got scammed in p2p and I didn't get scammed in f2p. :-s

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

I started a website for my clan, and the password was the same as my RS pass. One day I logged on suddenly finding myself standing in Fally, (I started in Varrock) all my money was gone, and my full mith was gone too. I asked my friend, because he knew my password for the website, because he helped edit it. He said it was his other friend. (How he got the password is beyond me...) Well a few weeks later, that friend of a friend came to me and was like "It was [the friend] who did it!" when I confronted him. Both denied doing anything. I deleated and blocked both, since nobody wished to come forward with the true theif. Since then, I'm extra careful and I change my questions on a monthly basis, plus I changed my pass.

chunkymonkeyrw0.gif

Oh, and yesterday I was trading my black (g) shield for an elemental, so I asked if there was a certain level you needed to have an elemental shield. The guy said yes, so I traded. I haven't done Rune Workshop, but I'm trying too. If I can't finish it, I'll just sell the shield. Let this be a warning: DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE A TRADE IF YOUR UNSURE! :shame:

chunkymonkeyrw0.gif