Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
xenogold

What are you listening to right now!?

I feel bad cuz I never listened to The Prodigy. I'll have to check them out tomorrow.

I really feel guilty about Talk Talk since I never really got into them until the singer passed away last week. I had heard of them of course but maybe listened to them a couple times. Now I'm listening to laughing stock probably every other day.

Same deal about Songs: Ohia, but to be fair I really didn't listen to much sad indie music back then

Prodigy is great. When I first got into music, it was among the first wave of stuff I got from my mates. I love my Music for the Jilted Generation, but any of their first four albums are excellent starting points, I think. Fat of the Land's probably the safest because Breathe, Smack my [bleep] Up and Firestarter, though.

I don't tend to feel bad or guilty, I can't really help it. I think it's a good thing in a way. Chances are I can't support the actual artist any more, unless it's someone in a band and the band cruises on, but realistically I don't do much to support musicians as it is. I'm still a filthy pirate and I can count the amount of gigs I've been to on one hand, while I can count the amount of merch and CDs, etc. I've bought without going over 100. I'm pretty terrible, but it's a good starting point to finally make the plunge on an artist. I'd downloaded all of Bowie, but when he died I really delved in, and now it's at the point where I'll recommend him and it's not just because he just died, it's because I know a bit more, and if someone buys some Bowie stuff because of me, that's how we do. Bowie's a terrible example because it's god damn David Bowie, but he was the first one that came to my head.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

When this song comes up on shuffle and you hear the opening riff

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

The Fat of The Land is the best album in the history of music. No contest.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Hoppipolla gets all the credit but this is the best song off of Takk. My 2nd favorite Sigur Ros song after Olsen Olsen

Also apparently it was in Aquaman. I haven't seen it so

Hot bloody damn, The Cinematic Orchestra just released a new album today and man, IT IS GOOD!

Been way too long...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

The most underrated Oceansize song?

Tame Impala - Currents. One of the best albums I've ever heard. So many great songs. 

CS579077-01A-BIG.jpg

It's not exactly new, but um... yeah. <3 Laura

rnHJQwZ.png
In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. ~Samuel Adams; 1 August, 1776
There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster; 15 March, 1837

It's not exactly new, but um... yeah. <3 Laura

I just picked up Transgender Dysphoria Blues a week or two ago, and that album just kind of wrecked me the first time listening through. It's so good, but god damn do some of the songs hit hard.

In a similar vein, I've been listening to a lot of MowMowMow lately. Her latest album is one of my top 5, I think.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Against Me literally never plays in Gainesville anymore. They just play Fest every once in a while

I wasn't into Against Me in my previous experiences but Nyo's post combined with a lot of free time got me to go through their discography and I gotta say I dig the old style punk now. I guess I just didn't appreciate it before, but listening to each album as a whole really made a difference. Very good stuff, not sure I have a favorite but it might be Transgender Dysphoria Blues. Maybe Total Clarity.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

New Modest Mouse. I haven't liked anything they've put out since 2004...15 years ago damn

Struth, an absolute ripper of a track from The Chats. Saw these guys as the support to QOTSA back in September, and they might have opened with this song. Beauty of a vid. And they say us Aussies have no culture.

#rpgformod

That was my april fools joke btw, that song is terrible

Been listening to this album more. Insanely talented band, but their albums always fall a little flat. Their most recent one has actually been growing on me a lot though

Haven't listened to The Ting Tings in years

I don't have any of their CDs personally (they were my sister's) so I'm going to have to buy one lol.

ozXHe7P.png

The definitive top 5 Sigur Ros songs

#5 Vidrar vel til loftarasa

#4 Flugufrelsarinn

#3 Hoppipolla

#2 Saeglopur

#1 Olsen Olsen

Listened to this on repeat basically all day, it's really good

The top 5 Mogwai songs.

5. Friend of the Night

4. Tracy

3. We're no here

2. Like Herod (fun fact this song was originally just called "Slint" because they were trying to sound like Slint)

1. Mogwai Fear Satan

I thought I'd be able to sneak something from Happy Songs or Hardcore into the list but honestly Mr Beast and Young Team are such fantastic albums that I couldn't really justify it

The top 5 Marilyn Manson songs.

5. Cake and Sodomy.

4. The Death Song.

3. (s)AINT.

2. Tourniquet.

1. Coma White.

I thought I'd be able to sneak something from High End or Born Villain into the list but honestly Anitchrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals are such fantastic albums that I couldn't really justify it

(Honestly would like more time to think about this, but I'm too lazy at the moment and just want to make the joke.)

Also Tess check out Screaming Females, I'm immediately reminded of them from that track you posted.

#rpgformod

Also Tess check out Screaming Females, I'm immediately reminded of them from that track you posted.

Pretty good, I like what I've listened to so far.

Lmao

Here's my top 5 Marilyn Manson songs:

5. they

4. are

3. all

2. [bleep]ing

1. terrible

Also seconding screaming females. Seen them twice now and they're always amazing live. Rose Mountain is a great album

Eh, I don't mind Manson. Some of his song I enjoy

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn