Guide to your FIRST fire cape even lvl 60s can get it!!!

Danton

Two Notes Level 60s use mage approach and the prices are outdated. Thanks.

Your First Fire Cape

By: Danton83

Table of Contents

•  
    [*:3tl85lp1]1.0 Introduction

===================

[*:3tl85lp1]2.0 Suggested Equipment

[*:3tl85lp1]2.1 Equipment List for Range/Melee

[*:3tl85lp1]2.2 Inventory List for Range/Melee

[*:3tl85lp1]2.3 Recommended levels for Range/Melee

===================

[*:3tl85lp1]3.0 The Fights (Rounds)

===================

[*:3tl85lp1]4.0 Each Monster on a detailed Scale

[*:3tl85lp1]4.1 Each Melee Monster on a detailed Scale

[*:3tl85lp1]4.2 Each Range Monster on a detailed Scale

[*:3tl85lp1]4.3 Each Mage Monster on a detailed Scale

[*:3tl85lp1]4.4 JAD on a detailed Scale

===================

[*:3tl85lp1]5.0 Melee/Range Strategy

[*:3tl85lp1]5.1 Rounds 1-30

[*:3tl85lp1]5.2 Rounds 31-61

[*:3tl85lp1]5.3 Round 62 the two 360s

[*:3tl85lp1]5.4 Round 63 JAD

[*:3tl85lp1]5.5 Round 63 1/2 Jad + Healers

[*:3tl85lp1]5.6 Round 63 1/2 Jad + Healers PART2

===================

[*:3tl85lp1]6.0 Ancient Magicks Approach (Designed for level 60s)

===================

[*:3tl85lp1]7.0 Recommended Gear for mages

[*:3tl85lp1]7.1 Recommended Inventory for mages

[*:3tl85lp1]7.2 Recommended Levels for mages

[*:3tl85lp1]7.3 Quick Information On spells

===================

[*:3tl85lp1]8.0 Mage/Range Strategy

[*:3tl85lp1]8.1 Rounds 1-30

[*:3tl85lp1]8.2 Rounds 31-61

[*:3tl85lp1]8.3 Round 62 the two 360s

[*:3tl85lp1]8.4 Round 63 JAD

[*:3tl85lp1]8.5 Round 63 1/2 Jad + Healers

===================

[*:3tl85lp1]9.0 Rewards

===================

[*:3tl85lp1]10.0 Notes and Comments

===================

[*:3tl85lp1]11.0 Credits

===================

[*:3tl85lp1]12.0 Question And Answer

[*:3tl85lp1]13.0 Video a Friend Made.(removed)

1.0 Introduction

If you don't know what Jad is he is the Level 702 in the Fight cave. Not only do you have to fight him one on one but also you have to make it to him first fighting your way through several 22s, 45s, 90s, 180s and 360s! Then you will reach the Fabled 702! I created a list of rounds below for your pleasure. Some of you requested names so here they are.

Tz-Kih - Level 22

Tz-Kek - Level 45

Tok-Xil - Level 90

Yt-MejKot - Level 180

Ket-Zek - Level 360

TzTok-Jad - Level 702

Yt-HurKot - Level 108

2.0 Suggested Items for Melee

The details before going after the 702 you need to make sure you have the following equipment and suggested stats. Full Guthans (heals you so you wont need to eat) black hide body and chaps (has higher armor bonus than Karils trust me youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll need it) 2 crystal bows the 702 alone kills around 4 on one bow! Ranger boots archer ring are a plus! Always have them equipped. Amulet of fury gives +15 on def stats! It is in my book a must but if you don't have the money to put down on one glory works well but id recommend a def amulet or gnome amulet. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t bother bringing super sets or ranging pots you will be using prayer more than anything. Bring SUPER RESTORES and SARA BREWS. For those of you who don't know Sara brews restore 14-15 hits PER dose. (One pot can heal around 60 hits that are equal to 3 sharks for one pot!) they lower your stats but the super restore will fix that plus it restore more prayer than a Prayer pot and is a MUST! You will have in your inventory TWO crystal bows FULL black hide body black chaps 18 super restores and 6 Sara brews. You will be wearing full Guthans. Ranger boots (Amulet and ring) and a good cape Obsidian preferred if you couldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t afford an Obsidian cape I don't recommend waiting your time. Now the stats I recommend are 80 Def 80 Range 70 attack and strength. You need range from the 360s on and will need to kill them fast.

2.1 Equipment List

Full Guthans

Ranger boots

Amulet of Fury

Archer ring

Obsidian cape

jadarmor0tr.png

2.2 Inventory List

Black hide body and chaps

2 Crystal Bows

6 Sara brews

18 Super Restores

NOTE: you can sub one Sara brew for range pot or another super restore if u feel you need it.

jadinventory0rb.png

2.3 Recommended Levels for Range/Melee

70 Attack

70 Strength

80 Defense

80 Range

3.0 The Fights

1st Round

Level 22 = 1

2nd Round

Level 22 = 2

3rd Round

Level 45 = 1

4th Round

Level 22 = 1, level 45 = 1

5th Round

Level 22 = 2 Level 45 = 1

6th Round

Level 45 = 2

7th Round

Level 90 = 1

8th Round

Level 22 = 1 level 90 = 1

9th Round

Level 22 = 2 level 90 = 1

10th Round

Level 45 = 1 level 90 = 1

11th Round

Level 22 = 1 level 45 = 1 level 90 = 1

12th Round

Level 22 = 2 level 45 = 1 level 90 = 1

13th Round

Level 45 = 2 level 90 = 1

14th Round

Level 90 = 2

15th Round

Level 180 = 1

16th Round

Level 22 =1 level 180 = 1

17th Round

Level 22 = 2 level 180 = 1

18th Round

Level 45 = 1 level 180 = 1

19th Round

Level 22 = 1 level 45 = 1 level 180 = 1

20th Round

Level 22 = 2 level 45 = 1 level 180 = 1

21st Round

Level 45 = 2 level 180 = 1

22nd Round

Level 90 = 1 level 180 = 1

23rd Round

Level 22 = 1 level 90 = 1 level 180 = 1

24th Round

Level 22 = 2 level 90 = 1 level 180 = 1

25th Round

Level 45 = 1 level 90 = 1 level 180 = 1

26th Round (as if this wasnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t bad enough)

Level 22 = 1 level 45 = a level 90 = 1 level 180 = 1

27th Round

Level 22 = 2 level 45 = 1 level 90 = 1 level 180 = 1

28th Round

Level 45 = 2 level 90 = 1 level 180 = 1

29th round

Level 90 = 2 level 180 = 1

30th Round (good healing point with Guthans)

Level 180 = 2

31st Round

Level 360 = 1

Now repeat all above rounds Adding the 360 to each round. Read other part of guide explaining what to do after 360s are in play!

62nd Round

360 = 2

63rd Round

702 = 1

SECTION 4.0 Each Monster on a detailed Scale and weakness to kill them fast

4.1 Listed below are the Melee Monsters

The Tz-Kih - Level 22

Drains Prayer 1+ the damage they deal (so if they hit 0 they drain 1 prayer) kill these guys fast or you will find yourself without prayer! TheyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re weak to stab and range attacks and have 10 hp

The Tz-Kek - Level 45

They damage you 1 point whenever you Deal Damage. After killing it they break off into 2 more monsters both level 22 with 10 hp usually die fast.

The Yt-MejKot - Level 180

This monster is weak to slash attacks and heals its hp after below half health. It can heal up to 10 points o health per round. It provides a good way to heal using Guthans but this beast can hit in the high 20s so if you feel your hp dropping to much use prayer although not recommended.

4.2 Listed Below is the Range Monster

The Tok-Xil - Level 90

He deals range damage and can constantly hi 13s on you but if you get to close he will use melee and deal very low damage. He usually dies within 2-3 hits and is weak to slash damage, which makes for a good way to heal. Make sure you dispose of this Beast as soon as it comes into play to prevent from taking too much damage.

4.3 Listed Below is the Mage Monster

The Ket-Zek - Level 360

This beast deals mage damage and if you get to close he will melee you. Without prayer he can deal in the upper 40s in damage. This beast is weak to stab and range damage. Make sure you have mage protect on at all times during these fights.

4.4 Listed below is TzTok-Jad - Level 702 that can deal melee range and Mage

The TzTok-Jad - Level 702

Weak to ranged attacks he can deal melee range and mage. When he first comes on the screen he appears in the south east corner and can shoot anywhere in the room deal 70 points of damage in ONE shot. Keep a level head when fighting him or you'll find yourself dead Fast.

jad2hf.jpg

SECTION 5.0 The Strategy

5.1 Rounds 1-30

When you first go into the fight cave you start walking towards the center. Stay on the east side and find the spot that looks like Italy. People refer this as the Italy Rock

italyrock0nd.png

======================

Once here get out your bow and kill the level 22 coming your way. YouÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll want to dispose of these guys fast because they can drain you prayer if they hit you. Next are the 45 nothing to really worry about just melee him. Once the levels 90 comes into play run to him and kill him quick. Turn auto retaliate on so you run to him first. Next will be the level 180. Make sure to get to the level 90 first still and you will do fine continue to melee through all of these rounds.

5.2 Rounds 31-61 MAGE PROTECT

When you first make it to the guys your inventory should be like this still

360examine2mm.png

Make sure you kill the level 90s fast. Prefer melee but they seem to always appear next to the 360s for me. If this happens range them to avoid the 360s melee attack. Next you'll want to dispose of the 360. Run around until the 360 blocks the other monsters. Once the 360 is dead turn off prayer from magic until next round. This will save you on those super restores, which you will need in the end at least 4 4doses

So you can see here is a picture of me with the monsters lined up so they wonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t move. This comes in handy on saving those Super restores.

killingspots9mt.png

ALMOST THERE!

almostthere8zv.png

5.3 Round 62

On this round you should still have quite a bit of supplies left. Here is a picture of me on this round.

lastrounduntiljad6tn.png

You will have to deal with 2 360s so this is actually easier than any other round. Mage protect and range. Make sure at the end of this round you're near the entrance to the south east corner because thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s where Jad will appear,

tztokjadscroll8wb.gif

======================

7027ep.gif

======================

5.4 Round 63 --JAD

When Fighting Jad the picture below will show you all you can see so BE CAREFUL and watch his legs!

jad3pl.png

NOTE Jad doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t always start in this location and not always with mage through my trials is like 90% mage for me may be different for you.

Starting in the south east corner make sure you have Mage protect on. You will want to watch his feet to determine if he is going to use mage or range. Switching between prayers fast is a MUST! Make sure you stay far back enough he wont use his melee because he can deal 70+ damage in one hit with mage range or melee! How to determine which attack is using is by watching his feet. When he stands on his Hind legs for a moment he will be using Mage, when he stomps down real fast he is using range. If he lunges with all 4 feet watch out he is using melee!

1087ux.gif

======================

5.5 Round 63 and half

Turn on Steel skin prayer! Now Jad is half dead his Yt-HurKot - Level 108 healers appear. Make sure you attack one and get other to follow if they don't attack next one until they're all lined up. Otherwise being swarmed by 4 level 108s will get you killed fast. This is where you should take your FIRST sip of your Sara brew to heal your health and pot up your Def. Drink a dose of super restore to charge your prayer and stats. DURING THIS TIME WATCH FOR JAD TO SWITCH ATTACKS

NOTE per Codecci Kill all the level 108 healers leaving ONE healer until Jad is below half health and then Kill the Last healer and they wont re spawn anymore (I also discovered this using blood barrage on Jad at the end)

5.6 Round 63 and half part 2

Now that you've got them all lined up make sure you continue switching between prayers drinking Sara brews to restore your health and hitting your super restores for prayer and restoring your stats. It is very tricky make sure you watch his attacks after you switch go pot go back to prayer then his next attack is going off go back and drink the other pot. Make sure you have prayer and hits to survive. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t let the 108s surround you or you will die fast trust me been there done that!

6.0 Ancient Magicks Approach

As I promised I would get it using Ancients magicks. As you may have read above about the Italy rock it comes in handy. In case you missed it here it is again.

When you first go in the fight cave you start walking towards the center. Stay on the east side and find the spot that looks like Italy. People refer this as the Italy Rock

italyrock0nd.png

======================

This plays a vital role in your survival due to the fact the monsters will get stuck on both sides of the rock and if you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have retail off already do it now and keep it off through the whole fight or you will move getting melee to death.

7.0 Recommended Gear

Ahrims or Full Mystic

Ancient staff

Mages book

Barrows Gloves

Seercull

God Cape

Infinity boots

Fury

Seer Ring

5k Rune Arrows

Chaos

Death

Blood

Soul

Enough for 5k casts

7.1 RECOMMENDED INVENTORY

5 Sara Brews (4)

18 Super Restores (4)

Seercull (or Magic short bow)

Bloods

Deaths

Chaos

Soul

7.2 Recommended Levels

92 mage

70 Range

Must be able to wear mystic or enchanted robes (same Mage Bonus)

7.3 Quick Information On spells

Blood spells heal 25% of the damage dealt to your hp. Using blood blitz (level 80) targets one enemy and is very powerful Using Blood Bursts level 68 spell you can hit many targets with blood spell but its not as powerful if you decide to use these 2 spells soul runes are not needed. If you go Blood Barrage very useful Soul runes are needed

Blood rush level 56 RUNES 2 Chaos, 2 Death, 1 Blood MAX damage 17 Single Target

Blood burst level 68 RUNES 4 Chaos, 2 Death, 2 Blood MAX damage 21 Multi-target

Blood blitz level 80 RUNES 2 Death, 4 Blood MAX damage 25 Single Target

Blood barrage level 92 RUNES 4 Death, 4 Blood, 1 Soul MAX damage 29 Multi-target

SECTION 8.0 The Magicks Strategy

8.1 Rounds 1-30

Use your spells to kill the monsters easily if you wish to range them keep a close eye on your arrows you will need around 3k for the 360s. Make sure you range the level 90s because they have a strong mage Def!

Make sure auto retaliate is off and stay at the Italy rock the whole time a few melee hits and u will be toast.

8.2 Rounds 31-61

Use your Seercull bow special as often as possible (full drain) on the 360s after a few specials they shouldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t do much damage to you make sure the damage dealt on special totals to 40 or more before turning protection from mage off. Then you can just cast your blood spells on the enemies lined up behind the 360s to steal their life and to keep you alive this should be a fairly easy task! Make sure auto retaliate is off and stay at the Italy rock the whole time a few melee hits and u will be toast.

8.3 Round 62

Killing those 360s you should end the round with Very Few arrows but you wont need them anymore. Make sure you go to the southeast corner this is where he might appear. Make sure to start off with MAGE protection on.

ANCIENT STAFF A MUST TO CONTINUE

8.4 Round 63

You should be facing Jad and keeping healed wont be a pain as long as you keep using that blood blitz or higher on him. He should provide much of a problem. Keep watching your prayers and keep switching when he changes attack or you will perish one hit easily. Without ancient staff you will have to manually cast the spells and watch prayer, which will be very tricky, but it can be done if you're lucky.

NOTE per Codecci Kill all the level 108 healers leaving ONE healer until Jad is below half health and then Kill the Last healer and they wont re spawn anymore (I also discovered this using blood barrage on Jad at the end)

8.5 Round 63 and half

Jad and his healers LEVEL 108 you wont want them to come to you so you will need to find ways to keep killing them an yes they will re spawn thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s why Blood Barrage or a multi blood spell is a must for finishing off JAD

(Ancient staff comes in handy big time here) just keep your ancient staff on your blood barrage spell and you shouldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have any problems wiping the floor clean of his healers every time they re spawn.

9.0 REWARD

reward6xz.png

You should now have your own fire cape along with 8k tokkul to spend. Good luck and Have fun

firecapeanimation9ku.gif

Fire Cape Stats

Attack

Stab = +1

Slash = +1

Crush = +1

Magic = +1

Range = +1

Defense

Stab = +11

Slash = +11

Crush = +11

Magic = +11

Range = +11

Other

Strength = +4

Prayer = +2

10.0 Notes and Comments

NOTE: you can sub one Sara brew for range pot or another super restore if u feel you need it.

NOTE: Once you have a fire cape and you kill it again you will NOT get a second cape until you have lost your first one. ThatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the only way!

NOTE: per Codecci Kill all the level 108 healers leaving ONE healer until Jad is below half health and then Kill the Last healer and they wont re spawn anymore (I also discovered this using blood barrage on Jad at the end)

That's a nice guide. All it needs is maybe a video and it's pretty much perfect.

Got fire cape a few hours ago, this (along with a few other guides) helped immensely, thanks.

One thing I would stress is that crystal bow helps a LOT on JAD. The extra range is really helpful - I used a magic short bow and rune arrows up to JAD (because crystal is still expensive for me and I think the range spec helps a lot on the 90s).

Also in my experience if JAD is off the screen then he seems to use range attacks, always in my experience.

Oh yea, and relax. I've failed on Jad like 10 times, just don't panic if you get hit, just make sure you get the next pray right.

Yes mage is possible, he says how in his guide. It's really expensive though, you using like 10k bloods each attempt at least.

ANSWER

I am adding this to the comment section if you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t mind. And secondly when I first went in I Died like 10 times as well. The hardest part is getting Jad timing down once you have it its like riding a bike.

COMMENT:Feel free to add questions below or comments about your experience as well as your thoughts on the guide. If you do not find what you're looking for in this guide please feel free to message me. Ill see what I can do. If you have any requests on how you want me to attempt to kill it or ways for me to try please feel free to let me know and Ill give you my information on what I found out.

For more information feel free to see what Jagex has to say by clicking HERE

ALL the pictures are property of Jagex LTD

11.0 CREDITS

Ganthor93: for the advice on making it a guide

Codecci: for the advice on adding the info on killing the 108s

Impaler99: for a couple of pictures

Runescape for making it a challenge

Tip It for letting me post my guide

12.0 Question and Answer

If you ask me a question I will reply here and as soon as I can below through the threads.

Badgeman wrote:

By the way is there any special way to trap the level 108's who come out during Jad...I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t want them to kill me

ANSWER

You cant trap them but if you run out just a bit they will usually 9 times out of 10 line up. I learned during my ancient Magicks that you can kill them off when Jad is well under 50% and they wont re spawn. This saves you a lot of trouble.

Ichiban9 Loves wrote:

Could you tell us roughly the amount of runes needed for each??? I would be doing blood burst and then blitzing the 702.

ANSWER

I took 5k Casts with me and I had about 1k casts at the end. You will need A TON of runes. Depending on what you take the casts can be more or less and how often you hit so it greatly varies since you're fighting a large amount of monsters but I would take 5k casts or maybe more if you're low level.

Nice guide, but why not at least mention using a D Halberd and the 'boot rock' to kill the 180's?

You can kill in about the same amount of time, doesn't waste any pray/brews if you are really low hp, and also saves money on repairs if you plan on making a few attempts (don't know anyone to get cape on first try yet).

ANSWER

Well first of all I didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t start using prayer until the 360s because full Guthans will heal you so no need to worry about the 180s they donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t hit often enough to really worry about. Bringing a halberd means you waste one extra space and I do mention using the boot rock. I called it Italy because itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the same shape as u can see by the pictures above.

Nice guide.

I canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t do it though. IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m too poor and it consumes too much money

ANSWER

Thanks and donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t fret it because I am always working on ways to improve on the perfection. I will be adding a cheaper version or alternative in order to make it to and kill the Feared Jad. I am also looking to improve on the guide by adding more screen shots along with a different tactics area for those of you who want me to try something new or an idea you want me to try I will do so and give you feedback on how well it worked or didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t as the case may be.

But donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t worry more updates will come in order for me to bring you a cheaper version on killing Jad the guide only outlines the best and easiest way to get your fire cape. A level 60 with ancient Magicks can get their own fire cape! So why cant there is a version cheaper?

Cost of Materials (OUT DATED!!!)

Full Guthans--9.5mil

Full black dragon hide (includes vambraces)-- 40k

Ranger boots-- 1.4-2m

Amulet of Fury -- 4.7-4.9m

Archer ring -- 2mil

Obsidian Cape 250k

2 c bows (I pay 180k max is 900k)

Sara brews --4k ea

Super restores --8k each (4 doses)

Seercull 450k--and dropping

Chaos runes --110 to 150 ea

Death Runes--300-320 ea

Bloods --500-600 ea

Souls--350gp-400gp ea (1-2k each?!?!?!?!!?)

Full Ahrims --1.8mil

Ancient staff--90-100k

Mages book--4mil

Zam book is 800kl after paying for all 4 pages with 7 less bonuses

God cape-- free from mage arena mini quest

Infinity boots-- 900k-1m

Seers ring -- 400-500k

Rune arrows -- 400ea

Barrows Gloves -- 130k and cant be traded

Err; I really want a fire cape. I'll never get one if I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t attempt it though, but I keep thinking about it and if I fail it will be a waist of an hour and half. Also on topic, does it really take 2-crystal bows to get through the entire thing? Could one get you through and then use Karil's x-bow on Jad? I'm 86 almost 87 ranged by the way.

ANSWER

Well Reason I use crystal bows because they're cheaper. I used my crystal bow on the 360s switching to keep one full until Jad. Jad took my crystal bow down to 6/10 and my other bow was 2/10 at the end so does it take 2? Not really but its nice to have a full one on Jad to easily kill. Bolt racks you say. It would cost more but could be a little bit more effective. Jagex says they're the same speed I think crossbow maybe a tiny bit faster though. (Crystal bow costs 180k, 1k bolt racks cost 250k + cost of bow and repairs)

Great guide!!

I have a question, would it work taking say 2-3k bolts and crossbow as well as 1 c bow for Jad? Have a look at my stats in my signature too; do you think I could do it? I'm not keen on using ancients as it is super expensive, but if you think it's the only way for me to do it, then maybe I will.

PS:this is the most reading I've done in about 2 years, it must be a good guide!! And keep bumping this guide, I really need a break from "construction this and construction that!"

ANSWER

Yes I think you could do it with those amounts. I think you could do it with as little as 1k bolts but better safe than sorry I Suppose.

You cant trap them but if you run out just a bit they will usually 9 times out of 10 line up. I learned during my ancient Magicks that you can kill them off when Jad is well under 50% and they wont re spawn. This saves you a lot of trouble.

Actually you can trap the 108s

When they are all attacking you wait for Jad to hit 1 mage attack. So you switch to Protect from Magic and eat/pot to full health. If Jad raises his front legs (indicating a second consecutive Magic attack), you run through him. If you're fast enough, by the time you run through Jad, he will not have put down his legs yet, hence you do not get melee by him. You can then continue fighting Jad with the 108s stuck behind Jad, unable to attack you and not healing him

Nice plan running through him lol but what if youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re not fast enough?? o.0

I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t recommend this method. I recommend line them up so only one attacks you. Especially if its your first time and you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have Jad rhythm down yet. If u can manage to catch him then go for it, God speed!

um.. You say a level 60 can do it but you say that Guthans, crystal bow and some of that other stuff is a must. I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know ay level 60's with 70-attack strength defense and range.

On the whole a great guide for higher levels. I'm sure quite a bit of people will get fire capes following this

ANSWER

Yeah a level 60 can but you have to have ancients magic =) thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the only way you can for a level 60. Around 80+ mage for a level 60 these days isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t too hard to do =)

A question?

I've heard somehow you can trap Jad on one side of the large Italy rock and get the 4 healers on the other side, and use Guthans to heal on them.

Is this easy to do? Can you describe how it's done?

ANSWER

I have never heard of anyone doing this. I am actually in the process of finding an EASY cheap way to do it. I have discovered a cheap way but the tactics have to be to the T. so IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m working on that during the process I will see if I can do that. I think you could but running from Jad means u cant see his legs and he can hit u from off screen makes it near impossible. Ill try and see what happens!

never heard of a level 60 that can wear full Guthans.

Good guide.

ANSWER

As you can see in the other question and answer part the level 60 is using ancients Magicks. Just to make things a little more clear.

Your damned guide is apparently wrong.

The first attack Jad used was not magic, he ranged me first shot, and I died because I trusted your guide.

Thanks for the waste of an hour and a half and about 250k of supplies.

ANSWER

IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m sorry that you feel so strongly about it. He will more than likely start with mage and will more than likely be in the southeast corner. It doesn't mean he will always be there or start with mage.

A question?

I've heard somehow you can trap Jad on one side of the large Italy rock and get the 4 healers on the other side, and use Guthans to heal on them.

Is this easy to do? Can you describe how it's done?

Yea this can be done, if you run to the north side of the Italy rock (with the 4 healer following you Jad will stay on the south side making this easy for you to kill the healers and heal your self with Guthans (if needed) but make sure Jad is over half health when you take the healers away.

This I have from a level 92 (combat) named itwasdestiny who posted his video on Tip.It a few months ago, 2 or 3 the video learns you quite a bit about how to defeat Jad and good strategies and he uses prayer pot in stead of supper restores

(CanÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t seem to find the link on where to download it because I posted this on my old clan site (off line now :oops:) but my internet is a little messed up and can't open all sites, maybe if ill find it ill put it here)

ANSWER

I use super restores because the Sara brews lower your stats while increasing def and hp. super restore restores more prayer than a normal prayer pot and restores your stats. Also videos are always good to watch to see their tactics and learn Jad's timing. 90% of beating Jad is getting his timing down. Also I tried doing the healer trick but Jad doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t seem to move. Maybe it was before they changed it when he couldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t hit you off screen but now he can snipe you from almost anywhere so be warned!

you own really this is probably the best guide on the web

You are amazing

But is 80 defense really necessary I dun feel like messing up my char just for def levels... 72 def good enough?

ANSWER

80 def isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t a must 70+ is though I recommend 80 because thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s what I have and I know I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t get hit that often.

Can I do it with 70 range.

ANSWER

yes you can. Those are only recommended because I didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t use a lower range level. I would imagine till take you a bit more time so make sure you dispose of the 360s fast to save your prayer until the end.

If you decide to use go up to Jad and allow him to Melee you, will he still be changing his attack styles from Range/Mage? Or will he only Melee you from now on?

ANSWER

He will change his attack styles making it hard to defend against range and melee. he will change it between the three if u do melee making it nearly impossible.

Yay! I've been waiting for someone to bump this for ages!!! I had another attempt after those few I posted earlier, no luck yet though, got to about 5th last round, so annoying! I messed up my prayer when I thought the 360 were dead, but I got 1 hit when I ran through him to the 180. Anyway, I'm not having another until I have barrows gloves, need another 8qp still. Luckily though, I've been at PC and got to 74 range and 82 strength, so I'm already better off for the next attempt.

Just wondering something, if my Guthans isn't healing against the 180's and I'm low on hp, should I use Sara brew or prayer points until I heal?

ANSWER

Use your Sara Brew itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s a faster restore. Also I would recommend bringing an extra Sara brew if you have problems with the 180s. Like I said earlier to range the 180s when the 360s are around it just makes things safer.

how do u get a crystal bow for 180k? : Anxious:

ANSWER

Each time you recharge your crystal seed the cost of the bow gets cheaper. First time its 900k then she charges less and less each time you recharge it. Lowest it goes is 180k.

13.0 VIDEO

Removed by Danton83

Guide Copyright Notice:

Fire Cape Guide has been Copyright ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâé Danton83, 2004 - 2007, All Rights Reserved

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extremely good guide. Well writen and it is clear you spend a lot of time on this. When Leesters logs on I will tell him to put i in the Archive.

sig5235ro7.jpg

Nice guide, but why not at least mention using a D Haly and the 'boot rock' to kill the 180's?

You can kill in about the same amount of time, doesn't waste any pray/brews if you are really low hp, and also saves money on repairs if you plan on making a few attempts (don't know anyone to get cape on first try yet).

You cant trap them but if you run out just a bit they will usually 9 times out of 10 line up. I learned during my ancient magicks that you can kill them off when jad is well under 50% and they wont respawn. this saves you a lot of trouble.

Actually you can trap the 108s

When they are all attacking you wait for Jad to hit 1 mage attack. So you switch to Protect from Magic and eat/pot to full health. If Jad raises his front legs (indicating a second consecutive Magic attack), you run through him. If you're fast enough, by the time you run through Jad, he will not have put down his legs yet, hence you do not get meleed by him. You can then continue fighting Jad with the 108s stuck behind Jad, unable to attack you and not healing him

Hegel.png

I have posted this guide on runescapecommunity and in help advice for all of you who are curusios. I will be updating this guide with more pictures and even a cheaper strat for those of you who cant afford guthans.

Thanks for your support

QUESTION

Nice guide, but why not at least mention using a D Haly and the 'boot rock' to kill the 180's?

ANSWER

alright well first of all i didnt start using prayer until the 360s because full guthans will heal you so no need to worry about the 180s they dont hit often enough to really worry about. bringing hally means you waste one extra space and I do mention using the boot rock. I called it italy because its the same shape as u can see by the pictures above.

Great guide,its useful because there is also many guides for without Guthans and it seems yours is mostly about with Guthans :D

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

VERY nice guide :shock: I want that firecape!

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

Nice guide.

I cant do it though. Im too poor and it consumes too much money

Thanks and dont fret it because I am always working on ways to improve on the perfection. I will be adding a cheaper version or alternative in order to make it to and kill the Feared Jad. I am also looking to impove on the guide by adding more screen shots along with a different tactics area for those of you who want me to try something new or an idea you want me to try i will do so and give you feeback on how well it worked or didnt. as the case may be.

But dont worry more updates will come in order for me to bring you a cheaper version on killing jad the guide only outlines the best and easiest way to get your fire cape. a lvl 60 with ancient magicks can get their own fire cape! So why cant their be a version cheaper?

Curent Market Cost of materials

Full Guthans--12mil

Full black dhide (includes vambs)-- 40k

Ranger boots-- 800-900k

Amulet of Fury --5mil

Archer ring -- 2.3mil

Obby Cape 300k

2 c bows (i pay 180k max is 900k)

Sara brews --6k ea

Super restores --10k each (4 doses)

seercull 1mil--and dropping

chaos runes --90-100 ea

dEATH RUNES--300-320 ea

bloods --500-600 ea

Souls--1k-2kea

Full ahrims --2mil

ancient staff--90-100k

mages book--5mil

zam book is 1mil after paying for all 4 pages with 7 less bonus

god cape-- free from mage arena mini quest

infinity boots-- 600-700k(some sell 500k)

seers ring -- 800-900k

rune arrows -- 400ea

Barrows Gloves --130k and cant be traded

Great guide,its useful because there is also many guides for without Guthans and it seems yours is mostly about with Guthans :D

Thanks, Guthans makes the world of difference and you wont have to worry about praying as much or eating. I have found that its very hard to take just prayers and food. it doesnt cut it. you have to have an extremely good strategy to go in and make it without full guthans. or ancient magicks For this reason I am working on that plus itll make it cheaper. if you have any tips let me know though.

I have tried a few times already today using sharks and prayer making it to jad is not a problem but having enough supplies to kill im is a major one. even killing the 108s after half dead jadis just evil. Oh well Im still looking for a score soon enough maybe Ill bring a holy wrench and see =)